Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Hey guys I love this new thread and check in regularly would love your thoughts and some more information on the following players. The first one who has impressed me lately is Tuaine Tuiapiki from Burleigh who is playing fullback in the qcup he did a pre season with us and seems to have benefited heaps surely we have eyes on him.
    The other two are Braedan Robson and Charlie Murray both these guys are getting a lot of attention and where in a similar position to Tuiapiki doing a pre season with us do you guys think these guys have the attention of Our recruitment.

One another note it was good to see Tom Weaver as the tweeds 18th man he must be close is Vaka and Oscar Bryant progressing along well too?
    Hey Toddy, thanks for stopping in mate!

Taine has really had a breakout season and you’ll probably know he’s leading the player of the year standings for the entire Qcup competition, and in his rookie season - which is unheard of. He’s an interesting prospect in the sense that he was one of the Titans top juniors for a period of time (circa 2015-2019) then kind of just dropped off, played a year or two of local A grade at Burleigh and then last year something clicked - he tore that competition up, earned an NRL pre season and went back to the Bears aiming for his first start as Burleigh’s first choice fullback in Qcup. The feeling a the time was that he’d slowly build into the role but he came out of the gates hard. Apologies for rambling a bit, I just think he’s had a pretty unorthodox pathway and it pays more respect to his current feats when you see the whole picture. IMO it’s inevitable he gets an NRL gig somewhere for ‘23. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s with the Titans, given they’ve got JC, Turner, Jaylan De Groot and Keano Kini all with the NRL squad in some capacity next year. I’m personally gutted because he deserves it and I’d love to see him come on full time with the Titans but understand that roster restrictions will make it unlikely. You might have seen he’s currently doing some part-time training with the Titans NRL squad. TLDR; Taine is good enough for an NRL contract, will get one, but it’s tough to see it being with the Titans given how many young fullbacks are on the roster for 2023. Unless, of course, they see him as an option to also cover his original position as a half or 5/8.

Robson and Charlie Murray play pretty similar styles and I think both are more suitable to a modern day forward rotation than say 2-3 years ago. Smaller set, tough, agile bodies that have big engines and can ball play. In relation to the Titans signing them, the challenge is that they’ve over capitalised with middles as is, and have plenty of them coming through on development contracts full-time with NRL from 2023 (Iszac F, Isaac MB, Pahulu). In saying that, the Robson/Murray style is still something they lack. Robson probably closer to NRL given he’s cup hardened but Murray probably has the higher ceiling given he’s still U21, IMO. Both should remain on the radar in some capacity so long as they’re local but I don’t expect either to be full-time in the immediate future.
    Powell is another middle in the feeder system that would do us a world of good but watch Melbourne go and sign him!

Tommy being 18th man was great and he put on an absolute clinic for the HDC side vs CQ. Crazy how far ahead of his age he plays. He’s very close to debuting in Qcup.

Vaka is a bit closer than Oskar IMO mainly because he’s physically further along. That injury really hurt Vaka’s momentum as he now tries to work his way into Qcup, as you’ll know he’s back playing HDC as of a few weeks ago.
    Oskar has some incredible skill and reads the game very well, just needs to get bigger if he’s going to play in the middle against men. Vaka just needs more football under his belt. He’s still working his way back to where he was last year IMO.

Thanks for the questions Toddy and feel free to ask anything else that we might be able to share some thoughts on.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 04-07-22 at 07:49 AM.

Immortal

On Saturday for the Burleigh Bears Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui made his career first Queensland Cup start in Round Thirteen against the Northern Pride when he started in the front row. Playing thirty three minutes, Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui ran for forty seven metres (twenty post contact), played the ball at an average speed of 4.35 seconds and made twenty two tackles at a tackling efficiency of 95.65%.

Immortal

Tony Francis was named to continue on the right wing for Burleigh in Round Thirteen of the Queensland Cup against the Northern Pride with Tony Francis scoring in the 50th minute when after receiving a pass from his inside ten metres out Tony Francis ran the ball down the right touchline and dove at the try line from around three metres out and got the ball down in the right corner in his outstretched right arm with the remainder of his body in the air over the touchline.

Playing all eighty minutes Tony Francis ran for a team leading 193 metres, a team leading ninety three of which were post contact, broke three tackles, played the ball at an average speed of 3.21 seconds and made two tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    On Saturday for the Burleigh Bears Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui made his career first Queensland Cup start in Round Thirteen against the Northern Pride when he started in the front row. Playing thirty three minutes, Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui ran for forty seven metres (twenty post contact), played the ball at an average speed of 4.35 seconds and made twenty two tackles at a tackling efficiency of 95.65%.
    So he's definitely a couple of years away from a Titans debut at best? Tiny sample size permitting.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    So he's definitely a couple of years away from a Titans debut at best? Tiny sample size permitting.
    Next year for me is certainly possible, he has a similiar work ethic to Tino and after another off-season with the NRL squad anything is possible.

In multiple interviews Tino has openly said Iszac is by far the better player!!!!

Immortal

Over the weekend Jojo Fifita was back on the right wing for the Tweed Heads Seagulls in Round Thirteen of the Queensland Cup against the Central Queensland Capra’s with Jojo Fifita scoring in the 15th minute when he raced twenty metres to score in the right corner after some good work on his inside.

Playing all eighty minutes of the match, Jojo Fifita ran for a team leading 133 metres (twenty seven post contact), recorded a try assist, broke three tackles, played the ball at an average speed of 3.53 seconds and made six tackles at a tackling efficiency of 85.71%.

Hey guys I just watched a highlight video of Issac Mateav Booth (sorry if the spelling is wrong) he looks like he is potentially the titans version of NAS. Please tell me he is locked up for the next few years. Another one is Ben Liyou who made his cup debut for tweed a few weeks ago is he far on our books for the next few years
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Hey guys I just watched a highlight video of Issac Mateav Booth (sorry if the spelling is wrong) he looks like he is potentially the titans version of NAS. Please tell me he is locked up for the next few years. Another one is Ben Liyou who made his cup debut for tweed a few weeks ago is he far on our books for the next few years
    Isaac is contracted for the next 2 years at least, Ben Liyou I'm unsure about but given he's done a recent NRL pre-season and taken the traditional JTS pathway I'd assume he's with the Titans next year minimum.

For anyone else wondering, this is the video Toddy is referring to. Isaac Matalavea Booth was nominated as the QRL heavy lifter for the HDC competition over the week. And no he's not playing against a team of midgets he just really is that big.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/07/...talavea-booth/

Needs to work his way into Qcup where the test really lies for a young middle.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 05-07-22 at 04:53 PM.

Immortal

Isaac Matalavea-Booth is contracted for 2023 but Ben Liyou's current contract expires at the end of next year but hopefully he gets an opportunity during the NRL pre-season mate.

Keano Kini and Arama Hau both standouts yesterday for QSSRL 18’s in their win versus NSW CIS. The match featured plenty of future NRL talent including the much hyped Dolphins signing, current Penrith junior Isaiya Katoa at halfback for NSW CIS.

Kini received MOTM honours as he continues to make his case in the carnival that the Australian Schoolboys side is selected from.

The Qld schools side with Titans contracted Kini, Hau, Pahulu, Lynn, Nikotemo and Kalekale will now progress to the final on Friday
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-07-22 at 03:55 PM.

Surely Kini is one of the first picked for the Australian schoolboys team

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Surely Kini is one of the first picked for the Australian schoolboys team
    He's a good chance but the NSW CHS fullback is also very good, Canberra contracted I believe

Junior

NZ eligible players shouldn't be picked in the Australian Schoolboys side.

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    WIthout entering a mass debate, I reckon kids of high school age are old enough to make their choices and they should commit to whichever country they want and stick to it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Id agree with you if it was the Australian U18’s but Aus school footy wouldn’t be much without the NZ/Pacifica eligible kids and for that reason I think the Aus Schoolboys should be represented as such