Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42
    Immortal

With his two tries on the weekend Kaleb Ngamanu has now score 100 career Queensland Cup points.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...ns-v-auckland/

Titans 16's play versus an U16 Auckland side tonight at Ipswich reserve.

Live stream of the fixtures for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/live/_OX0AxN...PVgcMngNNDrA4I

First Grader

Is the problem with the 17s more the age group changing and everyone being a bit over the place? I don't know where Aucklands talent levels are at but that group looked much more competent then what our Tweed team has with new halves who were really good.

Jai Billish is something else.... A WINS A WIN BABY
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 24-04-24 at 08:52 PM.

Good game, and the wraps on Billish and very true great service and seems to be a play ahead and his control around the ruck for a youngster he seems to be able to read the game

First Grader

It's way to early obviously but every single time I've watched him in the last 6 months, He's close to best on field even at Tweed CC when they are getting cooked. If I was going to ever throw the bank on a junior coming through, He's the one out of everyone right now we've had come through.

If we had a 5 star prospect board he's on it. Everything looks way to easy for him when he's playing his age group but he does it constantly in the older ones.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 24-04-24 at 10:41 PM.

Immortal

Halfback Murphy Phillips was also very good, thanks for the link HS, brilliant find

First Grader

Article in Courier Fail

TITANIC BATTLE FOR YOUNG GUN

Gold Coast coach Des Hasler is facing a huge battle to retain a rising superstar at the Titans.

Sport Confidential can reveal Zane Harrison has become one of the most sought-after teenagers in the code with at least six NRL rivals circling the promising 17-year-old.

A Palm Beach Currumbin product, Harrison is off-contract at the Future Titans academy and a bidding war has broken out for the halfback ahead of next month’s Australian championships on the Gold Coast.

Such is his talent, Harrison was invited by Hasler to be part of the Titans’ train-and-trial group for their recent pre-season.

Harrison is cutting his teeth at Tweed Heads and is rated by Queensland league scouts as one of the best products to emerge from Gold Coast’s nursery in the past 20 years.

Hasler believes Harrison can be the Titans’ next long-term No.7 and hopes the Gold Coast can stave off poaching raids from NRL rivals.

Speaking in pre-season, Harrison said he relished training with the senior group at the Titans, who have lost halves Toby Sexton and Jamal Fogarty in recent years and currently have Tanah Boyd calling the shots.

“It’s such a good experience training with all the boys at the Titans,” the teenage sensation said.

“It’s surreal knowing I’m coming back to school next year but getting to do a NRL pre-season is pretty cool … I’m extremely grateful for this opportunity.

“I’ve just gone into this trying to prove a point that I’m not too small and I can handle a pre-season.

“It’s obviously a good experience training with all the experience at the Titans and it makes you a better player, that’s been my goal.”

I would say if we continue to look after him, Zane will stay otherwise all hell should break loose with our junior development program which is under great pressure immensely at the moment to save our junior base

- - - Updated - - -

Another article in the Courier Fail

FORAN TO KEEP HUGHES’ JERSEY WARM

Titans veteran Kieran Foran has a secret agreement with the club which could see him play on in 2025 as Gold Coast plots a poaching raid on Melbourne star Jahrome Hughes.

While Foran is technically off-contract at the end of this season, he can extend his tenure into a third season with Gold Coast by mutual agreement with the Titans.

The parties have agreed to park talks until later in the season, but at this stage Foran is keen to play a 17th season in the NRL next year and his form when on the park has been encouraging.

That would give the Titans time to put together an irresistible offer to Hughes to return to the Gold Coast in 2026.

There were denials all round when Corey Parker suggested this week that Hughes was considering a return to the Gold Coast.

But stranger things have happened and there’s no doubt the Titans would roll out the welcome mat for Hughes with the richest contract of his career if given the opportunity.

While it’s a long time for Des Hasler to wait for a gun playmaker to land at Parkwood, Hughes’ signature would at least give the Titans something to look forward to.

Foran at least gives Hasler an experienced head in the halves as he attempts to build a premiership roster at the struggling club.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; Today at 09:47 AM.

Immortal

Zane Harrison is a great talent who has been in the Titans JTS program since 13 years old and has captained Titans junior age sides, it would be a huge blow if he is not resigned, fingers crossed we resign him long term.