Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

A stream of these would be a great look into these guys development and a good start to the season.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I will say that degroot was playing centre last year in colts when I believe it was young jai field emerged as a fullback prospect. I would check but qcup website has wiped colts from the face of the earth it seems lmao

Point being degroot already has been starting his centre conversion and he was very good at it

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    I will say that degroot was playing centre last year in colts when I believe it was young jai field emerged as a fullback prospect. I would check but qcup website has wiped colts from the face of the earth it seems lmao

Point being degroot already has been starting his centre conversion and he was very good at it
    Yeah they're pretending that 21's comp never existed lol

I liked Jaylan as a centre too, just need to see more of him there - he only played 2 or 3 games. When he was in cup he played wing and struggled a bit with the physicality, which would only be worse in the centres. I just wanna see him 5-7kg above where he is now so he can get a good crack at it, because at his current weight I'm just not sure he's going to be able to defend there at Cup level unless he's gotten a fair bit stronger from last season and we just haven't seen it yet.

Then from a roster perspective it's tough because we've got young OB's everywhere - a centre coming in on a Dev deal next year (Stephenson) and potentially another one too (Putoko) who are only 17 and 18. Jojo is only 21, HSS 23. Tony Francis is 21. Jaylan turns 21 this year

edit: just to be clear, I really like Jaylan and think he's an excellent footballer who's got NRL in him. Would love for that to be with us. We've just got a roster that I'm not sure falls his way at the minute
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 10-01-24 at 05:11 PM.

First Grader

Does he need to move to the outside backs anymore considering the difference in depth compared to this time last year and the ages of everyone mentioned (The disrespect to Schoupp..../s). Once he gets more adjusted to QRL level physically he could move around but I'm wondering if it would be better for his development to keep him at fullback this year while he's still getting the hang of the QRL.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 11-01-24 at 07:34 PM.

Word from the ground -

19’s beat Penrith convincingly. Drew with Rabbitohs but should have beaten them too, Titans were the better side.

17’s lost to Penrith by a try. Lost to bunnies by a bit more.

I’ll get some updates on players etc. Doesn't sound like Ryder Williams travelled down.

19’s -

Javon Andrews good. Scored an individual try v Penrith slicing through their right edge. Stephenson good, Bai apparently best on field v Rabbitohs. Harrison solid - some key contributions and steered team well as usual. Puru solid as usual but didn’t have much opportunity with good ball. Putoko can play..played wing, centre and fullback. Elusive tackle breaker who’s quick off the mark. He’ll be a weapon once he learns how to involve himself effectively, or an edge plays shape to his strengths.

17s -

Bit disappointing overall apparently. Only lost to Penrith by a try and had one disallowed, but ball control a big issue. They’re 16 year olds and only playing in a trial so don’t want to be too harsh but it seems it’s not a group that’s as strong as last years. Jai Billish apparently their best.

If there’s any questions around certain players I’ll endeavour to get some info. They’re playing next week in the annual game versus Newcastle which will be a step up and less of a trial, more of an actual game of football. Should be a good indicator.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say - despite it only being a trial, our 19’s keeping Penrith to 0 and beating them convincingly will certainly earn some respect. As will tying with the bunnies. No one really takes our juniors seriously because they don’t play together in an official comp, and it’s perceived the SG ball clubs are just far superior - but we just sent down mostly U18’s and played like that against those U19’s sides. It doesn’t count for anything but it’s a good indicator that we’re on the right track.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 14-01-24 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks HS and your point about playing together is so correct in a combinations sense. I suppose because they also function like rep teams from a player’s perspective then those trips away must be invaluable.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Thanks HS for the update I totally agree about earning respect beating a Penrith side with the panthers having one of the best junior pathway systems

One player I would like to know is Viliame Fifita not sure if I have spelt his first name correctly

First Grader

https://www.facebook.com/PenrithWaratahsJRLC - Some photos here from both sides.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...44572531009644 - Best one of the team together.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...ers-rabbitohs/

Most of them are familiar but who's the first kid? Apparently it was stupid hot and they had to move the times to earlier then planned so the ball handling makes a bit of sense.

I love Corey Pe@rse already, Has cult status written all over him.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-01-24 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/PenrithWaratahsJRLC - Some photos here from both sides.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...44572531009644 - Best one of the team together.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2024/...ers-rabbitohs/

Most of them are familiar but who's the first kid? Apparently it was stupid hot and they had to move the times to earlier then planned so the ball handling makes a bit of sense.

I love Corey Pe@rse already, Has cult status written all over him.
    Ray Puru is in the first photo if that’s the one you mean: https://www.titans.com.au/contentass...t=photo-inline

First Grader

I've been getting him and Kama confused haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I've been getting him and Kama confused haha.
    Haha fair

Sunny is the one at the front doing the hi five (left) in the team photo on the second link from Facebook page you posted

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Thanks HS for the update I totally agree about earning respect beating a Penrith side with the panthers having one of the best junior pathway systems

One player I would like to know is Viliame Fifita not sure if I have spelt his first name correctly
    Yep that’s his name mate he went well and had a momentum changing tackle that causes a dropped ball. He’s a big human for his age, but the Penrith middles were even bigger again. Apparently their 17s were huge across the board.

17's & 19's will play v Newcastle in Coffs this weekend. Hopefully some information is posted on the website about teamlists etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some footage of last weekend's 17's v Penrith trial game in Sydney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Z5lZRzWdc

Full credit to mdrew who found this.

Happy to answer any questions as best I can around who players are etc. from jersey numbers

Thanks HS and mdrew. I really enjoyed that.