Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah mate he’s got some traits that should translate really well as he progresses through the grades. Will fill out physically a lot over next year or two as well

Great experience for all the Titans boys last night. Thought the QLD spine really hindered their attack, they were just shuffling the ball to outside backs in bad position and hoping for the best. Losing Te Kura and Howarth, and Mozer getting binned didn’t help either.

Weaver was very good.
    While Pezet got man of the match and rightly so, Weaver was the passer of the ball in 2 of the tries assists that Pezet got the try assist credit for and if you look at those passes by Weaver they were superb to put Pezet in position to make those passes.

That was real classy play and on top of 100% goal kicking including I think 3 from the touch line, a try and some try assists himself, it was a very good performance

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    While Pezet got man of the match and rightly so, Weaver was the passer of the ball in 2 of the tries assists that Pezet got the try assist credit for and if you look at those passes by Weaver they were superb to put Pezet in position to make those passes.

That was real classy play and on top of 100% goal kicking including I think 3 from the touch line, a try and some try assists himself, it was a very good performance
    Weaver was outstanding. Didn't see much of it last night but is he quick off the mark (after Sexton this year, no one can blame me for asking).
    Jojo was average but I understand he is still learning the game. However he is miles away from NRL and those on here that have suggested a call up for him, I think, are wide of the mark. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Weaver was outstanding. Didn't see much of it last night but is he quick off the mark (after Sexton this year, no one can blame me for asking).
    Jojo was average but I understand he is still learning the game. However he is miles away from NRL and those on here that have suggested a call up for him, I think, are wide of the mark. JMO.
    I’m with you MT

Big fan of Jojo but have been trying to hose down the hype a bit. Have watched all of his games of league since he signed and he’s got some things to work on before I’d be super comfortable with him in the NRL, especially at centre. Plenty of potential but he’s on a steep learning curve. He’s def improving and I think he’ll debut on the wing this year but we won’t see what he’s capable of for a while yet I think

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post

Absolutely mate, some of his involvements and the subtleties to how he plays are really impressive.

I like that you mention his goal kicking and he does have this knack of coming up clutch in big games. I remember watching the MM Cup grand final last year between Tweed and the Blackhawks, where Tweed scored late and needed a conversion from the sideline to take the lead. Tommy steps up and is getting verbally violated by the local Townsville crowd behind him - booing, swearing, yelling, anything to put him off. Tommy doesn't even flinch, slots it clean between the posts. Tweed go on to win. So good.

Klese Haas starting in the second row for Tweed today in their Qcup fixture. They’re playing a round 9 makeup fixture vs South’s Logan.

Long time JTS member Ben Liyou also making his Qcup debut
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 25-06-22 at 03:29 PM.

Sibling stoush: Recent clash a historic contest for Future Titans twins
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-titans-twins/

On the verge of another almighty 'mate versus mate' battle - State of Origin Game II in Perth - the Gold Coast Titans had a very similar clash with just as much rivalry recently.

Especially in the Harrison household, when twin brothers Isaac and Zane faced off for the first time when the Future Titans Under 16s took on the Northern Rivers Under 17s as a curtain-raiser to the club's Round 14 home game against the Rabbitohs.

It has been a fairytale year for the duo with both part of the Northern Rivers Titans side who stole victory from the jaws of defeat in the Andrew Johns Cup decider in early April - Zane coming up with the miracle try to clinch the win in the last play of the game.

Many a times the pair have donned the same jersey and ran out on the field together, but the clash just over three weeks ago was the first occasion the pair went to battle at opposite ends of the field.

"It was the first time we've ever played against each other... it was good," Isaac said.

"We've pretty much played together our whole life."

Zane - a crafty playmaker currently at school at Palm Beach Currumbin and contracted with the Titans - starred in the halves for the Future Titans in their big 40-28 win over the Northern Rivers, which saw Isaac toil hard in the forward pack, laying the platform for points to roll through - especially in the opening stanza.

As favourites, the 16-year-old halfback was expecting plenty of heart from the boys south of the Tweed, who entered the clash as the outsiders.

"It was tough. They were obviously the underdogs and came out and put it to us in the first half," Zane said.

"We showed resilience in the second half and scored a few points in the backend to get the win."

The hard-fought contest certainly didn't disappoint the boisterous crowd in attendance at Cbus Super Stadium, a venue the Tweed Heads twins were thrilled to have played at.

"It was so good and such an honour. It's got such a good atmosphere and it's such a great stadium," Isaac said.

"It's what you dreamed about when you were a little kid and the fact we got to do it was pretty cool."

Set to return on the same side of the field and playing together again, Zane was asked what his reward was for getting bragging rights over his brother in the clash.

"I'm not sure... he might have to cook me breakfast a few times," Zane said.

It can't be confirmed nor denied if Isaac has fulfilled his brother's request yet...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ipswich SHS skipper, Josiah Pahulu, to join Gold Coast Titans for NRL preseason

Nick Tucker, GCB 29/06

Meet the powerful teenage prop, who has moulded his skills at the same school as rugby league great Allan Langer, and is bound to join some of his idols in the NRL after signing with the Gold Coast Titans.
    New Zealand-born Josiah Pahulu, 18, continues Ipswich State High School’s rich history of producing rugby league prospects after signing with the Titans as a 16-year-old.

The Bellbird Park product, who will join the NRL club at pre-season training for the 2023 season, is ready for his next challenge following a breakout year where he earned selection in the Queensland Under-19 State of Origin team.

The Ipswich product will be a key cog in the Queensland engine room at the Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League championships which kick off in Redcliffe on Saturday.

Pahulu, a 177cm and 102kg enforcer, said he has already been inspired by meeting some Titans stars, including David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

“It was crazy to hear their professionalism, especially in the team circle. It motivates and inspires me to do the same,” he said.

“I’m a bit nervous (to train with the Titans’ NRL squad) but it means I am aware of the opportunity I have been given. I’m with the Titans to develop and they are helping me get to the next level.

As the captain of the Ipswich SHS Langer Trophy team, Pahulu said he wanted to implement the lessons he learned from Fifita and Fa’asuamaleaui.

“You have to let the boys open up and talk, to get an environment where we can express what we feel we need to work on,” Pahulu said.

“It’s important to give every player the opportunity to call out other players on what we can do better, and be accountable.”

The youngster, who has a youthful mix of his father’s Tongan heritage and his mother’s Samoan genes, had his first taste of Origin football with the Queensland Under-19 team, which went down to New South Wales 32-24 on June 23 in a game full of rising stars for Australian rugby league.

Pahulu said it was a great experience playing in the game but also being able to have lunch with Maroons legends in current coach Billy Slater as well as Cameron Smith and Johnathan Thurston.

“It still gives me chills. I learned how much respect and confidence to have for yourself. You have to back yourself,” Pahulu said.

“Having lunch with them (Slater, Smith and Thurston) was crazy. I was in shock. They were eating their food and I was just staring at them.

He also said it meant a lot to receive advice from Queensland forward Felise Kaufusi, who told him to keep working and have a “don’t give up mentality”.

Aside from his hunger for flattening his opposition, young Pahulu has a wonderful connection with his biggest motivator – father, Pat Pahulu.

During every game, Pat offers Josiah hands signals for what he needs to work on, giving a peace sign and running motion to tell his son to do two runs a set and touches his shoulder to tell him to go after another dominant tackle.

After every game, Pahulu and his father sit down in the lounge room and rewatch the game to find things to work on.

“I look for him during the game when taking breathers and he will tell me what to do next,” Josiah said.

“My parents have been a big help. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them. They are the reason I do the things I do.”

Pahulu also said his Mormon faith played a big part in his life, where he even prayed that his teammates and opposition would be safe before every game.

The gun prop will run out for Queensland for their ASSRL nationals opener against NSW CHS on Saturday, and will be determined to drive his state to championships glory before returning to the Langer Trophy with Ipswich on July 12.

Pahulu said he did not know where he would be if he didn’t attend Ipswich SHS.

“It’s the best place for me to develop,” Pahulu said.

“Ipswich SHS called me last minute on the day I was supposed to start at Redbank SHS back in 2017 to say that I had been enrolled.

“They want you to become a good footballer. But at the end of the day they want you to be the best person in life. That’s why Ipswich is so good.”

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...b4c274a9a3da51
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-06-22 at 08:41 PM.

Josiah is a weapon big future ahead, got great footwork before the line and has a great offload can’t wait to see his progression

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Josiah is a weapon big future ahead, got great footwork before the line and has a great offload can’t wait to see his progression
    He’s a great prospect and his game has really come along in the last few years. Was the best U18 prop in QLD this year and wasn’t relying on being bigger than everyone else to do so.

Been one of my favourite players in the JTS system for years now, am very excited to see him get amongst the NRL squad.

Ten Future Titans to feature in ASSRL National Championships
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...championships/

Ten of the Gold Coast's brightest future stars will represent their state in the upcoming Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League National Championships, kicking-off at Redcliffe on Saturday.

Fresh from the recent Under 19 Origin clash in Sydney, Josiah Pahulu and Seth Nikotemo will headline the six Future Titans selected to play in Queensland's Under 18 school side, which also includes exciting talents Keano Kini, Josh Lynn, Arama Hau and Immanuel Kalekale.

Fellow development prospects Dallas Ingram, Luke Jones and Nelson Makaafi will be in action with the Queensland Under 15 side and Max Liles will take to the field in the New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges Under 18 side.

After a forced hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the week-long event is back from July 2-8 at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe.

In addition to championship glory, Under 18 players will also use the week as a chance to push for their selection in the Australian Schoolboys team ahead of their test match later this year. The Australian Schoolboys team is recognised as part of the NRL's elite pathway development, and it is in this capacity that the annually-selected team dons the green and gold colours of Australia.

The Gold Coast have celebrated plenty of success on the Australian Schoolboys front over the last few years, as recently as seeing three Titans selected in the 2021 Merit team, including Ryan Foran, Tom Weaver and Jack Cullen.

Action commences on Saturday with the Queensland Maroon Under 15s and Queensland Under 18s in action, before seeing all teams in action from Sunday onwards.

2022 ASSRL Championships Schedule

Saturday, July 2
    3.00pm — U15: Queensland Maroon v NSW CHS
    4.30pm — Opening ceremony
    5.45pm — U18: Queensland Secondary Schools v Australian Capital Territory
    Sunday, July 3
    9.30am — U15: QLD White v NSW CIS
    10.40am — U18: NSW CCC v Combined Affiliated States
    11.50am — U18: NSW CHS v NSW CIS
    1.00pm — U15: ASSRL Goannas v Northern Territory
    2.10pm — U15: Western Australia v Victoria
    Monday, July 4
    10.30am — U15: Australian Capital Territory v NSW CIS
    11.40am — U15: NSW CCC v NSW CHS
    12.50pm — U15: Victoria v Northern Territory
    2.00pm — U15: ASSRL Goannas v Western Australia
    Tuesday, July 5
    9.20am — U15: QLD White v Australian Capital Territory
    10.30am — U18: Selection Match 1
    11.40am — U15: NSW CCC v QLD Maroon
    12.30pm — U18: Semi Final 1
    2.00pm — U18: Semi Final 2
    Wednesday, July 6
    10.30am — U15: Northern Territory v Western Australia
    11.40am — U15: ASSRL Goannas v Victoria
    12.50pm — U15: Pool A Semi A
    2.00pm — U15: Pool B Semi B
    Thursday, July 7
    10.30am — U15: Pool B 3 v 4
    11.40am — U15: Game X Group 2 (2 v 3)
    12.50pm — U18: Selection Trial 2
    2.00pm — U18: Selection Trial 3
    Friday, July 8
    9.30am — U15: Loser Semi A v Loser Game X
    9.30am — U15: Loser Semi B v Winner Game X
    10.40am — U15: Pool B Championship Final
    12.20pm — U15: Pool A Championship Final
    2.00pm — U18: Championship Final
    3.45pm — Closing ceremony and naming of 2022 Australian Schoolboys

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Immortal

Jojo FIfita played well again for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup scoring once again in a tight Seagulls win and will no doubt be in line for an NRL debut against the Bronco's.

Tony Francis also scored for Burleigh thus our outside back stocks are in good shape at the moment.
    Last edited by mdrew; 03-07-22 at 07:42 AM.

Thank you for the time, effort and information you all contribute to this thread. Unfortunately being a Titan's supporter doesn't give us much to shout about at the moment. But the contents of this thread gives me hope that in the future things may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary E View Post
    Thank you for the time, effort and information you all contribute to this thread. Unfortunately being a Titan's supporter doesn't give us much to shout about at the moment. But the contents of this thread gives me hope that in the future things may be different.
    I feel the same way.

If only our recruitment could meet our promising juniors in the middle. We'd be a hot ticket. I'm confident one day that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Jojo FIfita played well again for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup scoring once again in a tight Seagulls win and will no doubt be in line for an NRL debut against the Bronco's.

Tony Francis also scored for Burleigh thus our outside back stocks are in good shape at the moment.
    Both topped the metre count for their sides too.

Tony Francis is well under the radar but he’s the one of those 3 young outside backs (Lofi/Jojo) that has impressed me the most this year with how he’s adapted to Qcup. Has very translatable skills even though he’s not making big highlight plays. He had over 90m post contact on the weekends loss and took 16 carries.

Jojo will be the first to debut but Tony is the next closest to NRL, IMO.

Hey guys I love this new thread and check in regularly would love your thoughts and some more information on the following players. The first one who has impressed me lately is Tuaine Tuiapiki from Burleigh who is playing fullback in the qcup he did a pre season with us and seems to have benefited heaps surely we have eyes on him.
    The other two are Braedan Robson and Charlie Murray both these guys are getting a lot of attention and where in a similar position to Tuiapiki doing a pre season with us do you guys think these guys have the attention of Our recruitment.

One another note it was good to see Tom Weaver as the tweeds 18th man he must be close is Vaka and Oscar Bryant progressing along well too?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan