Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Hey mate, are you sure you’ve got the right player? Happy to be wrong but I’m fairly sure Howarth has played centre every time he’s played Qcup this year for SC.
    Sorry, HS, you are totally correct. For some reason I had five eighth in my head. He has played centre this year. It was Jack Wright who played five eighth. I watch a lot of the Sunny Coast games on the Q app. And I remember Howarth being interviewed on NBN early in the season when he said that he would be in the backs working on his ball skills before moving into the forwards. Once again my bad.
    By the way, who is th3 other person from the club to get punted this week or was Kent referring to the second person in the NRL to get punted? Who will look after the conditioning for the remainder of the year? Who will be responsible for the rehabilitation program?

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Sorry, HS, you are totally correct. For some reason I had five eighth in my head. He has played centre this year. It was Jack Wright who played five eighth. I watch a lot of the Sunny Coast games on the Q app. And I remember Howarth being interviewed on NBN early in the season when he said that he would be in the backs working on his ball skills before moving into the forwards. Once again my bad.
    By the way, who is th3 other person from the club to get punted this week or was Kent referring to the second person in the NRL to get punted? Who will look after the conditioning for the remainder of the year? Who will be responsible for the rehabilitation program?
    All good mate! I was just curious and gonna watch some of the games to see how he went being that close to the ball. Reckon it would’ve been fun to watch haha.

I’m really not too sure on the coaches situation or who’s going to caretake. I’m glad they’re making these decisions now though and not waiting until the end of the year and then having to scramble to find someone. Id personally be surprised if Dymock survived into 2023.

All good mate! I was just curious and gonna watch some of the games to see how he went being that close to the ball. Reckon it would’ve been fun to watch haha.

I’m really not too sure on the coaches situation or who’s going to caretake. I’m glad they’re making these decisions now though and not waiting until the end of the year and then having to scramble to find someone. Id personally be surprised if Dymock survived into 2023.
    My only fear is with digging up the dead! Dan Ferris got sacked from Manly a while back didn’t he? Hope they give him a wide berth

My only fear is with digging up the dead! Dan Ferris got sacked from Manly a while back didn’t he? Hope they give him a wide berth
    God know is he a step actually a giant leap backwards his results speak for themselves

Haha mate him and Greg Condon coming back as a duo would be the absolute nightmare

- - - Updated - - -

Young playmaker ready to weave his magic in blue

It might be a step below the real thing, but that fact is irrelevant for Tom Weaver as he prepares to pull on a Blues jersey and face the Maroons in tonight's Under 19 State of Origin clash.

Circling the fixture at the start of the season as one he wanted to play a part in, the Cudgen Hornets junior will achieve a childhood dream when he runs out with the No. 6 on his back in Sydney, representing his state for the first time since playing for New South Wales in the Under 16 fixture in 2019.

"I set [the Under 19 game] as a goal for myself for the start of the year that it was something that I wanted to achieve and I was stoked to get the call and be told that I was in the squad to take on the Maroons in the Under 19 Origin," Weaver said.

"As a young kid, I'd always watch that game and want to play in it myself, and now I get the opportunity to be able to do that so, I'm pretty stoked."

The goal for the young playmaker this week has been to learn as much as he can, being the first time he's entered such a high-level camp such as this one.

"I just want to go in there with an open mind. I've been in a camp before, but not in a camp such as the New South Wales Origin Under 19s," Weaver said.

"To be in there with greats that played Origin (such as coach Andrew Ryan) and learning off them to soak up as much as I can.

"That's what I'm looking forward to the most and getting in with the boys and becoming good mates with them as well."

One of six Titans named for their respective state in the junior fixture, the 19-year-old is looking forward to playing alongside his teammates and other friends on both sides of the field - including Jojo Fifita, who jokingly suggested earlier this week he'd smash him in the contest.

"He's such a talent [Jojo]. I also have a few mates in the Queensland side as well, which is pretty cool to be able to have some of your mates in an Origin game... you don't really get to do that very often," Weaver said.

"To be able to play with them and especially Jojo being here with him at the Titans, it'll be pretty cool opportunity to be able to verse him on the field."

Away from the representative scene, the former Palm Beach Currumbin playmaker's next goal is to debut in the Hostplus Cup, after a strong start to the year in the Hastings Deering Colts competition for Tweed.

"One of my other goals is to play Cup this year. That's been one of my main focuses to take that next step and play for Tweed in Q Cup," Weaver said.

"I played a few trials at the start of the year and I really enjoyed my time there, challenging myself a little bit more against men... older men and stuff like that.

"That's probably my next step to try and push for a Cup spot. If it's at the back end of this year or if it's next year, I'm happy to bide my time and keep learning."

He is also happy to keep spending each day at Titans HQ as a sponge, learning and growing without needing to fast-track a call-up to NRL anytime soon.

"I'm not in any rush as such to play in the NRL or anything like that.," Weaver said.

"I'm just happy to keep learning and I think I'll look at it now... if I was to go out and play in NRL, I think I'd get bashed up a bit being such a smaller bloke.

"I'm a bit realistic in what my timeline is looking like. I know I'm not going to play this year and probably next year - I might get a crack here and there, but I'm just happy to bide my time and keep learning.

"Especially with trying to build myself up and get confident in my own body being able to match it with NRL players week in week out so, I'm just sort of looking to bide my time."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...magic-in-blue/

- - - Updated - - -

In other news -

JTS member Ryan Foran has signed an extension until the end of 2025. It would make sense that this includes at minimum some years on an NRL Development contract, which would at some stage make him full-time and NRL eligible.

I'm summarising mdrew's work here, but Foran is a Northern Rivers product who graduated PBC last year and was part of the state title winning team. He also played for the Tweed MM side that won the state U18 title. Was selected in the Australian Schoolboys side last year and did half of pre-season with Titans NRL this year.

Currently playing at Tweed Colts. He's a pretty traditional style backrower.

Quick PSA that Jojo Fifita, Josiah Pahulu (QLD) and Tom Weaver (NSW) will be featuring in the QLD v NSW U19's fixture tonight on Kayo/Foxtel/9now.

Kick off 7:45pm.

Team lists here for anyone interested: https://www.nrl.com/draw/state-of-or...9s-v-qld-u19s/
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-06-22 at 04:47 PM.

Weaver is a Blue? He’s gone well up in my estimation now. Playing well and looks an ace goal kicker as well.

Weaver looks classy, playing first receiver a lot despite being in the 6 and is definitely the dominant playmaker out there. Kicking looks great too

Wow. Weaver is playing really well with 3 try assists already.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

I like how Weaver is straightening the attack

Pahulu the 16 for QLD is looking typically busy

He’s playing a year up. One of our brightest U18 prospects

QLD Cup

Fafita doesn’t appear to be a big fan of passing..

Pahulu the 16 for QLD is looking typically busy

He’s playing a year up. One of our brightest U18 prospects
    How good is his footwork before he gets the defensive line really impressed me

I know he conceded one earlier with an edge breakdown but jeez Jojo has done some good work defensively
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 24-06-22 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    How good is his footwork before he gets the defensive line really impressed me
    Yeah mate he’s got some traits that should translate really well as he progresses through the grades. Will fill out physically a lot over next year or two as well

Great experience for all the Titans boys last night. Thought the QLD spine really hindered their attack, they were just shuffling the ball to outside backs in bad position and hoping for the best. Losing Te Kura and Howarth, and Mozer getting binned didn’t help either.

Weaver was very good.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 24-06-22 at 06:25 AM.