Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Who expects him to be game manager T?
    just feel some of those questioning his leadership skills are wrongly directed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Lisone stats. 10 minutes for 1 run, 11 metres and 6 tackles.

He is useless and provides no impact or effort off the bench. And has been the same all year.

In reality we are playing 16 players when Liisone plays and I don’t see why Holbrook continues to select him when he plays so little minutes.
    Lisone is so unfit he needs a rest just to get out of bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Lisone stats. 10 minutes for 1 run, 11 metres and 6 tackles.

He is useless and provides no impact or effort off the bench. And has been the same all year.

In reality we are playing 16 players when Liisone plays and I don’t see why Holbrook continues to select him when he plays so little minutes.
    Lisone is so unfit he needs a rest just to get out of bed!
    Probably came on for the 10 minutes we had two in the bin. We didn't really have the ball a lot in the 2nd half either.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Probably came on for the 10 minutes we had two in the bin. We didn't really have the ball a lot in the 2nd half either.
    Wrong.

Lisone came on in the 49th minute and was replaced in the 59th minute. He offered no impact and ran out of puff as he always does after 10 minutes.

There is no defending the indefensible and Holbrook’s use of Lisone placed more pressure on the remaining 16 players.

Holbrook probably continues to select Lisone because he's got no one better to choose from. We came into this season with an abundance of 'depth' in the middle but have quickly been exposed for what I still think is the biggest contributer to our defensive and momentum-stopping woes; losing the ruck, being disjointed at marker and A. The flow on from this? A not set = no inside pressure = edge falls apart when 3 or 4 man gets dragged in on a quick shift. Then it becomes an edge probem. Your defensive system all starts from the ruck. It's the biggest indicator if and how a team can wrestle momentum against possession, and under fatigue.

Now, obviously handing the opposition a momentum-swinging try from a short kick-off, losing your hafback who's having the game of his life, and having 2 in the bin for 10 minutes doesn't help either. But to be a team that can show up consistently and defend against waves of possession, we need to be better in this area. We're carrying the same personnel from 3 years ago and haven't adapted. Look at the bench of the succesful teams and the type of payers they're bringing on. Think about why a guy like Reuben Cotter is suddenly a top-tier prop.

@WD who would you pick on the bench instead of Lisone? Making statements like that is all very well but I'm struggling to see what your solution here is. I don't think we have the personnel.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-05-22 at 11:30 AM.

First Grader

HS

Everything you said about defence is spot on and it is why you don’t have players like Lisone, Ese Ese and to a lesser extent JWal ( although he has skills in attack to compensate) in your team as they struggle to control the ruck and get into the A or B defender positions consistently and fail to move up quickly in defence due to their lack of aerobic capacity and agility.

Our season was gone 2 weeks ago and I have said previously we should be fast tracking our future. We do not need 10 or 20 minute players in our squad and I would have replaced Lisone with Jacob Alick who appears to be the next cab off the rank and have him come off the bench. He has plenty of size, has an average 122 metres a game for an edge forward which is really impressive and makes about 25 tackles a game with an efficiency of 90 per cent. Yes he might have a couple of flaws but that is the purpose of fast tracking development for the future when the season is already done.

The team had the middles covered with Lui, Wallace, Tino and Jolliffe so having another edge forward who can play 80 minutes is far better than another unfit middle forward in Lisone who only played 10 minutes and was very ineffectual

In addition you need players on the bench to be versatile and Alick can play Edge and lock but there is no way Lisone can play anywhere other than prop which limits your options during the game
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 29-05-22 at 12:29 PM.

Junior

Anyone got an update on Sexton??

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Anyone got an update on Sexton??
    I was wondering this myself. Hopefully he is right to go. But I could understand if he needed a week or two.

He was a shining light on Friday and he can continue.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Holbrook probably continues to select Lisone because he's got no one better to choose from.
    So we don't have a single forward anywhere who can offer better impact than those stats that Lisone dishes up every week? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    So we don't have a single forward anywhere who can offer better impact than those stats that Lisone dishes up every week? Come on.
    Name one middle who could’ve been picked then that is so clearly better on both sides of the ball?

I’m not exaggerating. And I’m not endorsing Lisone. I’m pointing out a deficiency in our roster and personnel.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-05-22 at 10:16 PM.

Yep, far too many same shape plodders.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Name one middle who could’ve been picked then that is so clearly better on both sides of the ball?

I’m not exaggerating. And I’m not endorsing Lisone. I’m pointing out a deficiency in our roster and personnel.
    Honestly, Ese'ese should be playing over Lisone at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    HS

Everything you said about defence is spot on and it is why you don’t have players like Lisone, Ese Ese and to a lesser extent JWal ( although he has skills in attack to compensate) in your team as they struggle to control the ruck and get into the A or B defender positions consistently and fail to move up quickly in defence due to their lack of aerobic capacity and agility.

Our season was gone 2 weeks ago and I have said previously we should be fast tracking our future. We do not need 10 or 20 minute players in our squad and I would have replaced Lisone with Jacob Alick who appears to be the next cab off the rank and have him come off the bench. He has plenty of size, has an average 122 metres a game for an edge forward which is really impressive and makes about 25 tackles a game with an efficiency of 90 per cent. Yes he might have a couple of flaws but that is the purpose of fast tracking development for the future when the season is already done.

The team had the middles covered with Lui, Wallace, Tino and Jolliffe so having another edge forward who can play 80 minutes is far better than another unfit middle forward in Lisone who only played 10 minutes and was very ineffectual

In addition you need players on the bench to be versatile and Alick can play Edge and lock but there is no way Lisone can play anywhere other than prop which limits your options during the game
    90% in QCup isn't great. I'm sure he's a good future prospect but those numbers don't scream "pick me".

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Honestly, Ese'ese should be playing over Lisone at this point.
    The fact that our solution is Herman Ese'ese just really proves my point

Regarding Jacob Alick...I've watched every game of his this year. He's an edge back rower who has played exclusively on the left. And yeah I wouldn't rely on Qcup stats to justify an NRL birth either. You should see the stats Sam Lisone puts up in Qcup
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 30-05-22 at 09:18 AM.