Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Can’t wait finally get to attend a live game, drive the 10 hours and in Brisbane hopefully this rain goes

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Can’t wait finally get to attend a live game, drive the 10 hours and in Brisbane hopefully this rain goes
    Wow that is extreme dedication!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Last word: We need to be clear on our job
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ar-on-our-job/

Justin Holbrook has one very clear message for his troops ahead of this weekend's showdown with the Dragons.

Convert the hard work at training onto the footy field.

A must-win clash to get the season back on track, the Titans coach feels his squad knows exactly what they need to do to topple the Red V.

"I think we need to be clear on what we have to do," Holbrook said on 4BC's Wide World of Sports.

"I think we were really clear against Penrith and pushed them, but then we really lost our way last week, so we've got to get 17 guys that are going to give it their absolute best shot on the weekend at Magic Round and get a bit of joy for the Gold Coast."

With plenty of external discussion about the Titans' young spine and how they've been going, Holbrook is very supportive of his emerging playmakers, backing their leadership and talk on the field.

"The talk is not the issue. I think personnel wise, we haven't had the right mix to get the best flow," Holbrook said.

"That's where JC (Jayden Campbell) will come back into the side and he's an absolute threat the whole time. It allows Toby to do what he does well... that's organise the side and he's our main man.

"He's been trying to force to come up with things because when you're behind on the scoreboard, it's hard for a halfback to stay calm, because he feels responsible for how we going.

"We need a collective approach to put ourselves in a better position so that doesn't become a big issue."

Even though the wins just quite haven't been ticking along just yet, the squad has been working incredibly hard to rectify that - putting in just as much time, and even more, like the teams currently on top.

"If anything, when you're losing, your work harder. You try and do more with all the things to find balance," Holbrook said.

"You've got to make sure that you don't overcook the players, but in the end, we've got to transfer it into some wins to get our fans and our club something to cheer about and get on a bit of a roll."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Phil ready to fly for Magic Round
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...r-magic-round/

"Hopefully I can bring some energy to this side today."

A resurgent Phil Sami returns to the Gold Coast Titans lineup today for his sides clash against the Dragons in Magic Round and he knows what he can bring.

"Hopefully we can get the win and start building some momentum," Sami said

"I had a PCL injury and have been out for a couple of weeks now, but it's feeling pretty good at the moment so I can't wait to get out to get out there with the boys."

Sami started the year on fire but injury has disrupted some of his momentum.

He missed round 4 with COVID and then has spent three weeks on the sidelines with the latest knee injury.

Sami's form hasn't gone unnoticed though, with some calling for an Origin return, as the Titans strike player has registered five tries in five appearances in season 2022 and had an average of 153 running metres per game.

The challenge doesn't get much bigger, literally, than Dragons winger Mikaele Ravalawa lining up opposite Sami.

Ravalawa scored three tries in round one but has gone tryless since, so will no doubt be looking to make amends come 5;30pm today.

So where do the Titans need to change today?

"Oh, I think we obviously we haven't been defending well, as a team," Sami said.

"I think it starts small, by building momentum by winning the little one percenters, that we need to work on.

"It is a team sport, but hopefully I can bring some energy into this team tomorrow.

"Esan Marsters makes his season debut as well so there'll be a lot of energy coming from us and hopefully we can influence the rest of team performance."

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Come say hi mate. Anyone else from the forum going ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Last word: We need to be clear on our job
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ar-on-our-job/

Justin Holbrook has one very clear message for his troops ahead of this weekend's showdown with the Dragons.

Convert the hard work at training onto the footy field.

A must-win clash to get the season back on track, the Titans coach feels his squad knows exactly what they need to do to topple the Red V.

"I think we need to be clear on what we have to do," Holbrook said on 4BC's Wide World of Sports.

"I think we were really clear against Penrith and pushed them, but then we really lost our way last week, so we've got to get 17 guys that are going to give it their absolute best shot on the weekend at Magic Round and get a bit of joy for the Gold Coast."

With plenty of external discussion about the Titans' young spine and how they've been going, Holbrook is very supportive of his emerging playmakers, backing their leadership and talk on the field.

"The talk is not the issue. I think personnel wise, we haven't had the right mix to get the best flow," Holbrook said.

"That's where JC (Jayden Campbell) will come back into the side and he's an absolute threat the whole time. It allows Toby to do what he does well... that's organise the side and he's our main man.

"He's been trying to force to come up with things because when you're behind on the scoreboard, it's hard for a halfback to stay calm, because he feels responsible for how we going.

"We need a collective approach to put ourselves in a better position so that doesn't become a big issue."

Even though the wins just quite haven't been ticking along just yet, the squad has been working incredibly hard to rectify that - putting in just as much time, and even more, like the teams currently on top.

"If anything, when you're losing, your work harder. You try and do more with all the things to find balance," Holbrook said.

"You've got to make sure that you don't overcook the players, but in the end, we've got to transfer it into some wins to get our fans and our club something to cheer about and get on a bit of a roll."

The thing that concerns me about this interview by the Coach is that he makes no mention of our biggest issue..defence.

Take it for what you will but I notice Hurricane is advocating that it is great to have this spine back together so we can get back to where we were (not sure where that was).
    Anyway this was the 2 games they played as a spine.

Titans 20 - Warriors - 18
    Raiders 24 - Titans 22

Mmmm…I’m not felling overly confident

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Take it for what you will but I notice Hurricane is advocating that it is great to have this spine back together so we can get back to where we were (not sure where that was).
    Anyway this was the 2 games they played as a spine.

Titans 20 - Warriors - 18
    Raiders 24 - Titans 22

Mmmm…I’m not felling overly confident
    Maybe he likes getting a free Big Mac when we score over 16 points?

“What we practiced over two months ago” sounds like complete bs to me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Kelly out for Thompson with Sami moving to centres I like it Kelly needs the wake up call

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Kelly out for Thompson with Sami moving to centres I like it Kelly needs the wake up call
    I do too. A net positive. Also great to see Thompson in.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Hopefully due to ability not an "injury".

Dragons a couple of changes too.

Fingers crossed we watch more than 20 mins of this game.

Late mail: Illness opens Magic Round door for fan favourite
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...fan-favourite/

Gold Coast fan favourite Corey Thompson is a late inclusion for the Titans, coming in to replace Brian Kelly who has been ruled out with illness.

The flyer has been on standby all week due to Kelly being struck down with the flu (not COVID-related) and will play on the left wing, pushing Phil Sami to the centres in his first game back since Round 6 - a PCL injury keeping him on the sidelines the past three weeks.

The blue and gold are further bolstered by the return of live-wire fullback Jayden Campbell, who has overcome his rib cartilage injury to take the field against the Dragons, moving AJ Brimson back to the halves alongside Toby Sexton.

The rest of the side remains as per program with Jaimin Jolliffe coming in as the 18th man.

Expecting to play in front of a sell-out crowd, kick-off is at 5.30pm at Suncorp Stadium.

I hope Marsters has a big game and common Lui give us something.

- - - Updated - - -

Esi returns to the scene of the crime

Good luck JC!