Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Yes we need AJ to step up like nicho Hynes at the Sharks.
    I wasn't too warm on the idea of AJ at 7, but that is a great comparison. I didn't see Nicho as a 7 coming into the year, he's not your stereotypical game manager but he is just absolutely every where. That game on the weekend was crazy, he was playing fullback and halfback at the same time and had his hand in everything. I see no reason why AJ couldn't play a similar role, albeit with not as good ball playing skills.

Next year I think JC 1, AJ 6, Foran 7 could be the go. Let Sexton learn under Foran at training in year 1 and then hopefully he is ready to take over him in year 2.

The difference between Hynes and AJ is skill set. One learned under a master.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Paul Turner hasn’t been named for seagulls so could be a late inclusion finally

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DM13 View Post
    Was wearing the away jersey in the photos of the opposed training session today, usually what the players in the reserve grade side wear so I wouldn’t be expecting it.

How is the field at Suncorp supposed to hold up all weekend with this rain? Going to be some injuries one would think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DM13 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum too

Gonna need the snorkels. Looks like it'll be raining all weekend. Shame it'll mess up Magic Round. We are game 4 of 8.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Posted moments ago on Suncorp Stadiums facebook page.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Should be shared with CBus
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Credit to the Dolphins for trolling the Broncos at a pub near Lang Park. They'd be smart to lean into Brisbane city because the Broncos will try to minimalise them as some type of provincial team.

'There's no better time for us': Wallace backing form reversal in Queensland
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...in-queensland/

There's no better way to get the Titans' season back on track than with a string of wins in Queensland.

With the Gold Coast's next five games to be front and centre north of the Tweed, Gold Coast hard man Jarrod Wallace feels it's a perfect opportunity to string some much-needed wins together over the next month in the Sunshine State.

"There's no better time for us to tell you the truth. We are in Queensland for the next five rounds," Wallace said.

"We've got Brisbane this week, then we're back home, then we're back to Brissy, and then we've got back-to-back games at home.

"This is our time if we want to be playing finals footy.

"Obviously our early games have been disappointing, but we know we can be better, so we'll go out with plenty of energy this week.

"We need to make sure that we change the little things that haven't been working and hopefully we'll get the win."

Returning to first grade this week after a strong performance for Burleigh in the Hostplus Cup, the former Origin forward feels he doesn't need to change anything with the way he plays upon his return to the blue and gold.

"Nothing changes for me. Whether I'm playing for Titans or if I'm playing for Burleigh, I just need to do my job. You're not going to see me do anything different," Wallace said.

"What I always do on the field is come out and try to be the leader of our pack and try and calm down the boys, like Tino and that, and try to get them back to playing their best footy.

"If we could just get back to the football and the confidence that we were playing with last year, that's where I think we're pushing to be I think.

"Having JC (Jayden Campbell) back with AJ (Brimson) and Toby (Sexton) is going to be fantastic and they've got the confidence together.

"After having a full pre-season together, that was so important, but then getting broken up after JC got injured... that's always hard.

"I think we'll find that out our spine will be completely different having all three back together."

Hoping to kick-start proceedings this weekend at Magic Round, the Titans will run-out to a sell-out crowd in Brisbane, with Wallace able to bring his experience to the young squad - many who may have never played in front of such a crowd before.

"There's no better place to play in the world than Suncorp with a full crowd," Wallace said.

"Especially Magic Round... the hype of Brisbane and Queensland and they always gets around us.

"We played Penrith last year and I think there was even a game that we played against Melbourne. Now everyone loves Melbourne, but we always seem to be supported so well from the from the Brissy crowd so it'd be awesome to get that again.

"For me, I just need to make sure that I stay calm and I look calm so that I can have that effect on the rest of the group. Make sure that I go out and do my job, get our forwards going early and make sure I'm leading our pack and doing all the little things right."

Titans v Dragons: Round 10
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/12/...gons-round-10/
    Anthony Seibold and Renee Gartner preview the Round 10 match between the Gold Coast Titans and St George Illawarra Dragons

Titans v Dragons: Campbell returns; Same 17 for Red V
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/10/...-17-for-red-v/

Both sides are licking their wounds after thumping losses in round nine and will be looking to turn things around on a big stage at Suncorp Stadium.

The Dragons traditionally have strong support in Brisbane and they'll be hoping a large Red V contingent can help them return to the form that carried them to three wins on the trot before Sunday's loss to the Storm.

The Titans were in the hunt early in the second half when they trailed 24-16 but four tries in 15 minutes to the James Tedesco-inspired Roosters consigned them to a fifth loss on the trot.

In 2021 it was the Titans who proved far too strong for the Dragons in a 32-10 win in round 19 with halfback Toby Sexton making a fine debut in the NRL and David Fifita running for 160 metres and busting 13 tackles.

The Rundown

Team news

Titans: Jayden Campbell has been named to return at fullback for his first NRL game since round three. AJ Brimson shifts to five-eighth and Will Smith is out. Phil Sami returns from a knee injury on one wing and Jamayne Isaako is the other winger with Corey Thompson and Greg Marzhew dropping out. Esan Marsters returns in the centres and Patrick Herbert drops out.

Kevin Proctor has been dropped to the reserves list, Isaac Liu goes from prop to second row and Jarrod Wallace is the new face in the front row. Jaimin Jolliffe has been listed among the reserves as he works his way back from a calf injury.

Dragons: Anthony Griffin has stuck with the same 17 that took the game up to the Storm in the first half before being overpowered late. George Burgess is 18th man while Cody Ramsey and Tyrell Sloan are listed among the reserves.

Match: Titans v Dragons
    ROUND 10 - SATURDAY 14TH MAY

Match Officials
    Referee: Todd Smith
    Touch Judge: Nick Morel
    Senior Review Official: Alan Shortall

Key match-up
    AJ Brimson v Moses Mbye: With 10 tackle breaks and 300 running metres in the past three weeks, Brimson has been a spark for the Titans and his footwork and speed make him a real handful. If Brimson is given any room to move he'll make the Dragons pay. Anthony Griffin's decision to put Mbye at fullback drew plenty of criticism but the veteran has been solid under the high ball and strong on kick return during the past month. His goal-line defence denied the Storm a couple of times on Sunday and he'll need to be on high alert again this weekend.

Stat attack
    The Titans' goalkicking woes have been laid bare during their five-game losing streak. Justin Holbrook's men have managed 13 tries across those five games, inlcuding four against the Eels and four against Manly, but only five of the 13 were converted. Halfback Toby Sexton's success rate this season is just 55 per cent, well short of where the Titans need it to be if they are to mount a serious challenge for the top eight.

Titans v Dragons leagueunlimited preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/373...agons-preview/