Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    QLD Cup

I thought Sexton was great last night. His defence was outstanding and his game management in the first half was terrific. There were a few plays in the second half and extra time which he could have done better to close out the game but that will come with experience.

Mo had his best game in a very long time. Wallace was all round impressive and our attack was moving again with ball playing from McIntyre and Wallace in the middle third.

It’s so good seeing JC in open space. We are still young but there were a lot of positives from last nights game.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I thought Sexton was great last night. His defence was outstanding and his game management in the first half was terrific. There were a few plays in the second half and extra time which he could have done better to close out the game but that will come with experience.

Mo had his best game in a very long time. Wallace was all round impressive and our attack was moving again with ball playing from McIntyre and Wallace in the middle third.

It’s so good seeing JC in open space. We are still young but there were a lot of positives from last nights game.
    Sexton’s short kicking game was superb. There is obvious talent there that the club has identified and wants to nurture. He has some of the intangibles that can’t be taught, only polished. I think he’s still a couple years away from putting it all together, though Foran’s mentoring will be invaluable.

Toby was good. A large reason we won is because of that relentless first half pressure, even if we couldn’t score. It took away their time in possession and emptied their tank a bit. We’ve spoken a lot about him needing to control pressure and field position and he did that last night. Came up with kicks for points too. Hope he takes confidence out of that game.

JC superb. So happy to see him playing with confidence. Mo great. Fermor good. Jwal good. Tino is incredible but jeez those errors almost killed us.

I’m gonna get smoked for this but I’d be happy leaving Sami at left centre. BK is terribly out of form and a stint in Qcup is probably warranted.

We’ll need to be a lot better next week but happy to snag a W in a game that hopefully gives guys like JC & Sexton some confidence going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Toby was good. A large reason we won is because of that relentless first half pressure, even if we couldn’t score. It took away their time in possession and emptied their tank a bit. We’ve spoken a lot about him needing to control pressure and field position and he did that last night. Came up with kicks for points too. Hope he takes confidence out of that game.

JC superb. So happy to see him playing with confidence. Mo great. Fermor good. Jwal good. Tino is incredible but jeez those errors almost killed us.

I’m gonna get smoked for this but I’d be happy leaving Sami at left centre. BK is terribly out of form and a stint in Qcup is probably warranted.

We’ll need to be a lot better next week but happy to snag a W in a game that hopefully gives guys like JC & Sexton some confidence going forward
    Not from me mate, I agree. BK hasn't done anything to retain that left centre spot and whilst Sami is out performing him there, he should definitely stay there IMO.

Also agree with Sami staying at centre, loved his effort in the first half and his left foot step is dangerous. Wish we could have Marzhew and Thompson wings with Sami centre, but at the same time it was relieving to not Sexton having to kick goals with Isaako in the side. We can't have Isaako in the 17 in the long run though, that is just pointless when he is leaving next year.

Rep Player

Marsters does absolutely nothing for me. Has no idea where/how to run when he gets the ball. Hope Herbert is right for next week.

Doesn’t deserve getting smoked HS because in my opinion you’re half right: the problem is Kelly but the solution could be Jojo at center and Sami on that wing. I don’t think Sami feeds his wingman and while we are focusing on blooding youth then I’d get Jojo into the team. Sorry for Thompson who was one of our best yesterday.

There was a lot to like about yesterday especially JC, Tino’s energy (surely we forgive and forget his errors) and the lack of Proctor.

Sexton was a mixed bag of what we already know. Long kicking game off, short kicking game good but on the back of poor last play options, tackling good but too slow in the line and looked like moving in slow motion in general play.

Clarke was ordinary again until Boyd came on. Boyd wasn’t great either. I just don’t understand why they don’t recognize that for every step you run sideways is a step closer for the defense.

Very happy to see the difference an injury and reality check seemed to get JC playing some good footy rather than cute. Great return.

Question: would we have won playing Marzhew instead of Isaako?
    Last edited by Titanic; 15-05-22 at 02:10 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

I’d rather have Isaako for defense + goalkicking

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm with you on that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans v St George Illawarra Dragons | Match Highlights | Round 10, 2022 | NRL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EtwyIEb2-H4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It was great to see JC back in form. With the lack of threat we have from 7 and 9 we really need AJ and JC to be our driving force for creativity in the spine. If they aren't on we are no hope of winning.

This was Toby's best game in a while. I thought we were great in the first 20 minutes but then generally went back to our old bad habits for most of the rest of the game. Our field goal planning and game management is laughably bad.

Jeez would it kill Clark or Boyd to just quickly pass the ball off the ground in one motion and not double pump all the time? They clog our offense repeatedly.

Hopefully Booth will be eligible to play soon as the developmental player as I'm willing to give anyone a try at 9. I was hoping Boyd might have improved but he's still as bad as he's always been since he debuted.

Banned

I think we should sign Segeyaro

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    I think we should sign Segeyaro
    Given up on Rein so soon?

Surprised to win a golden point match.
    We haven't kicked a field goal since 2018.
    It was AJ's second game!