Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 10: TITANS vs DRAGONS (2022)

TITANS vs DRAGONS

MATCH CENTRE: CLICK HERE
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We need changes after that performance that was terrible. I’m hoping for this lineup with the season pretty much gone we need to think long term and I hope we don’t sign Foran he isn’t the answer we need someone younger we can build around.
    1. Campbell
    2. Sami
    3. Marzhew
    4. Fifita
    5. Isaako
    6. Brimson
    7. Sexton
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10 Tino
    11. Fermor
    12. McIntyre
    13. Liu
    14. Clark
    15. Lisone
    16. Ese Ese
    17. Joliffe

I am heading to magic round and have bought a 3 day pass might just stand at the bar this game

Switch Marzeh and Sami. Clark 13 Smith to 14 bye bye Liu

Sexton needs to be dropped somehow. Smith 7 AJ 6 JC 1, sorry guys but Sexton aint it and sadly I don’t know if he ever will
    be.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Sexton needs to be dropped somehow. Smith 7 AJ 6 JC 1, sorry guys but Sexton aint it and sadly I don’t know if he ever will
    be.
    Agreed. Back up half at best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    be.
    I agree lacking the speed for NRL sexton to slow and getting caught out

1. Campbell
    2. Sami
    3. J. Fifita
    4. Marsters
    5. Marzhew
    6. Smith
    7. Turner
    8. Tino
    9. Boyd
    10. Mo
    11. McIntyre
    12. Fermor
    13. Herbert

14. Brimson
    15. Ese’ese
    16. Lisone
    17. Jolliffe
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I’d have brimson at centre before having him on the bench

I’m hoping Clarke is removed from hooker duties, his passing is horrible.. Kelly is dropped, not sure what to do with sexton as I’m not sure we have a back up 7.. would like to see marzhews in the centres with jojo.. I doubt anything will change this week and holbrook will make 2 change only.. but hoping for more

First Grader

The season is over for this year and I would be looking at developing players for next year now. Players like Jojo, Affick and Isaac (not sure whether he is eligible).

The most important position in the team is the 7 and there is no player in the club that one could realistically see steering this team around the park with any sort of success. Unfortunately, there is no star off contract 7 coming onto the market in 2023 but there is in 2024. This means we need to do with what we have currently got that is likely to result in better outcomes for the club. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see much upside in Sexton as he is far too slow which will always put him in a position of not troubling defences and being caught out in defence against speed. Also most times he just catches and passes without trying to run good lines for himself or to set up support players.

Where does that leave us? Turner may be an option but lacks leadership and I am not sure whether he has played much as a 7. Appears to have more experience as a 6 and there is Smith who has never nailed down a starting position with the 3 previous clubs and best position would be as a 14.

There is a left field option which might work if given time and that is Brimson. He is a leader and a communicator who has speed and a good kicking game and can set up support players. What he lacks is steering teams around the paddock and game management but has played a lot of his football as a 6. As I said a left field option but one that could potentially have more upside than what we currently have in the club and with the rest of the year to learn the craft of the 7, a partnership of Foran and Brimson next year may give us the experience in the 6 and 7 that we desperately need without incurring any extra costs.

As I said, we can try this year and see how it turns out as this season is already over
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 08-05-22 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The season is over for this year and I would be looking at developing players for next year now. Players like Jojo, Affick and Isaac (not sure whether he is eligible).

The most important position in the team is the 7 and there is no player in the club that one could realistically see steering this team around the park with any sort of success. Unfortunately, there is no star off contract 7 coming onto the market in 2023 but there is in 2024. This means we need to do with what we have currently got that is likely to result in better outcomes for the club. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see much upside in Sexton as he is far too slow which will always put him in a position of not troubling defences and being caught out in defence against speed. Also most times he just catches and passes without trying to run good lines for himself or to set up support players.

Where does that leave us? Turner may be an option but lacks leadership and I am not sure whether he has played much as a 7. Appears to have more experience as a 6 and there is Smith who has never nailed down a starting position with the 3 previous clubs and best position would be as a 14.

There is a left field option which might work if given time and that is Brimson. He is a leader and a communicator who has speed and a good kicking game and can set up support players. What he lacks is steering teams around the paddock and game management but has played a lot of his football as a 6. As I said a left field option but one that could potentially have more upside than what we currently have in the club and with the rest of the year to learn the craft of the 7, a partnership of Foran and Brimson next year may give us the experience in the 6 and 7 that we desperately need without incurring any extra costs.

As I said, we can try this year and see how it turns out as this season is already over
    Might be better to develop players in the Qcup instead of having their confidence shattered by getting smashed each weak.

The best thing about this game is that we are not playing the Storm.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post

Brimson played a lot of his juniors and Titans under 20’s with the 7 on his back so worth a shot

Jojo fifita needs a run. His defence can't be any worse than what's being dished up in the centres currently.