Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 9: ROOSTERS vs TITANS (2022)

ROOSTERS vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If anyone watched how did Tweed and the Titans boys go today? Saw they lost but it was a highscoring game and JC scored

Well this puts some pressure on us now. Dogs just rolled them, can we?

Maybe Mal meninga needs to come and spray some of the boys at a video session and take over like Gould then we will win

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Maybe Mal meninga needs to come and spray some of the boys at a video session and take over like Gould then we will win
    Never heard of him. Does he work for the Titans?

Well Fifita is out for 4 weeks and Herbert will be out too with a fractured cheek bone.. I’m going to guess Sami will return to centre..

Hmmmmmm I wonder who will play in Fifita spot. This is a hard one to work out.

Rep Player

Fermor/Proctor starting, Sam Mac on the bench, Marsters in for Herbert. If Sami is fit, would like to see Kelly dropped to Cup for a bit as that penalty was unforgivable and gave the momentum back to Penrith. Ese'ese and Lisone played well enough to keep their spots on the bench.

2 premierships coming up … how ridiculous that sounds right now
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    2 premierships coming up … how ridiculous that sounds right now
    Can’t wait for that to be used to roast us for the next 10 years

Just looking at the Tweed stats and it looked like the Titans boys all had great games. JC 219 metres, 2 linebreaks, 11 tackle breaks and a try.

McIntyre 165 metres, 23 tackles and 0 missed. Interestingly it says he had 31 touches and passed it 19 times, seems like he was playing a ball playing lock roll even though he was named at prop? Would be good if he could develop into that for us so we can move Tino to prop.

Paul Turner 122 metres, a linebreak, 3 linebreak assists and 2 try assists playing at centre. Wonder if they'll consider bringing him in with Herbert out.

First Grader

Well we are at the crossroads already this early in the competition. Dogs and Cows have shown what having a real dig all game in defence is all about and only a win this week is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Just looking at the Tweed stats and it looked like the Titans boys all had great games. JC 219 metres, 2 linebreaks, 11 tackle breaks and a try.

McIntyre 165 metres, 23 tackles and 0 missed. Interestingly it says he had 31 touches and passed it 19 times, seems like he was playing a ball playing lock roll even though he was named at prop? Would be good if he could develop into that for us so we can move Tino to prop.

Paul Turner 122 metres, a linebreak, 3 linebreak assists and 2 try assists playing at centre. Wonder if they'll consider bringing him in with Herbert out.
    I have been a huge fan of Paul Turner ever since I watched him play in the school boy Test matches for New Zealand against Sexton and Sam Walker. But I have watched all his games for Tweed this year and while he has played out of position at fullback and centre, he gives me The impression that he is a tad lazy he waits for the game to come to him. I was surprised by his stats from Yesterdays game but then he did make one good line break which would account for some of his metres. But, as an example of my concern, I can recall in one game when Campbell got tackled a couple of metres out from his own line and Turner was one of the few players back there. The dummy half passed the ball to Turner but he looked for someone to pass to rather than taking a hard hit up. It’s like he will do his basic job, no more or no less. As for Sam McIntyre, he played as a prop forward yesterday and he continually bent the line and got the ball away after contact. He has such a big motor and there were times when he would have two or three hit ups in a set. Cannot fathom why he is not in the side.

McIntyre will only be better when he is given a real chance to play.
    When the restrictive team orders relax!
    Hopefully soon

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Well this puts some pressure on us now. Dogs just rolled them, can we?
    It also means they might wise up and be ready for us. I'm happy for the Dogs though. Been tough on the club.

Here are some highlights from their match.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_cT6M7tCmoY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER