Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Can't say I watched too many Roosters games before Lui came on board.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Last word: It’s not about revenge, it’s about our season
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ut-our-season/

There's plenty of motivation to get the win today against the Sydney Roosters, given the tri-colours ended the Titans' playoff hopes in a nail-biting elimination final last year.

But for coach Justin Holbrook, getting the two points in Mackay isn't about revenge, but rather where the team is placed on the ladder, desperately needing a win to keep their season intact.

"It would be great to win. It’s not about revenge, but about where we’re sitting, that’s why it’s so important to us," Holbrook said.

Leading 4-0 at half-time before the the table-topping Penrith Panthers flexed their muscle in the second 40 last Friday night, the Gold Coast mentor feels his side just needs to keep to the game plan that has got them oh, so close in weeks one by.

"I just think we need to stick at it. We haven’t been far off it," Holbrook said.

"I think we’ve played eight games and the Cowboys one was the only one we weren’t in the game. We were close again last week. I thought we did a really good job to lead against Penrith last week, but weren’t good enough to go on and win the game.

"We’ve just have to stick at it… the Dragons have shown they can win three in a row, the Broncos have just won three in a row.

"We’re not a million miles off. We can turn those narrow games into wins and get on a roll."

Despite the tight losses, morale is still high amongst the group with the squad sticking together feeling a result is imminent.

"We've had some narrow ones now, they sort of naturally knock us around for a few days, and then later in the week, they're given a clear plan and they're confident and ready to go," Holbrook said.

"There's no easy formula to it... when you're just winning or just losing, there's not much in it, but you got to still prepare the best you can and train as hard.

"As you can see, they're all sticking to it and we're not having any issues. They're all sticking together and probably the only week we didn't was that against the Cowboys week.

"We were really frustrated with that Manly loss, so we sort of upped the ante on everything and it sort of backfired.

"The only way forward is sticking together and keep working hard."

With Holbrook forced to make one change with Sam McIntyre coming in for the injured David Fifita, the side is pleased to have Patrick Herbert given the green light despite fracturing his left cheekbone in last weekend's clash.

The Titans will also keep the same spine as Round 8, with Jayden Campbell still at least another Hostplus Cup game away before coming back into contention.

"Unfortunately the way it works, he doesn't get to play this weekend, but it would have been terrific because he just needs another game or so and then he'll definitely come back into the mix. But I was happy really happy with the way AJ played at fullback, and Will Smith [at No. 6].

"We were pretty close last week, so I didn't need to make any changes."

Buoyed by the opportunity to play in tropical North Queensland, Holbrook feels it's a great thing to have the NRL played in regional venues.

"I think it's great for the game that sides move away from their home ground and take it to the regional areas," Holbrook said.

"I think it'll give a real buzz for Mackay and we're happy to play there."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I’m like everyone, worried about our ability to score +20 points. We concede at least 18. That’s why in the run on side need AJ and JC as I don’t know where the points are coming from unless lucky kicks.

Where would JC play Wing? Or do you mean to move AJ back to 6? I'm looking forward to him getting another opportunity soon.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    I’m like everyone, worried about our ability to score +20 points. We concede at least 18. That’s why in the run on side need AJ and JC as I don’t know where the points are coming from unless lucky kicks.
    On that note when was the last time we scored from an actual
    backline movement, set play being executed? Last I can think of from the top of my head is against the Raiders 6 weeks ago lol. My two goals for todays game are not get smashed, and score some tries that aren’t from kicks or individual plays.

Well why s everyone worried about how AJ will play he at his spot But better as a super sub
    he going to carve it up today
    Smith on the other hand will be our down fall hw=e had his good game all ready now it time for SH.. play from him he only has1 in every 4 good games
    better to let Boyde play 5/8 in my eyes
    JOJO should also be in the side out side Kelly so Kelly can wake up and play good footy again CT should not be there as e has done nothing for what 4 games now any way hope they prove me wrong had to keep it up from here but go Titans
    1 other thing WTF is Proctor got over him ????/

First Grader

There is only 1 goal today and that is 2 points. There have been a number of upsets this season which shows it can be done if they show grit and determination for 80 minutes and anything less than a win will be a failure. A hard nose approach is the only way to achieve success in this competition

Difficult but the team hasn’t really had both in the side. Have to be AJ back to 6 and JC at 1. Maybe if we were more dangerous out wide and made the defence hesitant than AJ would adapt better. AJ struggled when there was absolutely nothing happening outside him, no second guesses from the defence, no second guessing from markers as no threat out of dummy half, the 5/8 relies on uncertainty inside and outside to cause damage.

Random jersey spot of a blurry Dolphins NRL jersey in the background.

Would have absolutely loved to have gone to this game and had a road trip.

Fermor baby! Lots of urgency from the boys there!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Fermor baby! Lots of urgency from the boys there!
    Sploosh

First Grader

Sexton needs to be hooked from kicking right now. Last thing he needs is the pressure of kicking, give it to Herbert

Well that was a short lived celebration

Rep Player

Kelly has to be out of the team. Misreads the play and causes the break then just slowly jogs back as he watches them score. Cost us the game last week too.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Sexton needs to be hooked from kicking right now. Last thing he needs is the pressure of kicking, give it to Herbert
    56% rate up to Round 8 in 2022. A real issue.