Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I've lost all optimism TBH.
    Maybe the Titans have just worn me down over time as my enthusiasm has never been this low and that is saying something after all the lows we've been through.
    It's a worry because I feel like I don't give a sh!T

First Grader

So assuming (and hoping) McIntyre comes onto the edge at some stage to replace Proctor who Holbrook likes to have slide into the middle , our bench middles will only be Proctor, Ese Ese, and Lisone, with those 2 only able to play 25 minutes each at most. Poor Tino is going to have to do a lot of work again

Don’t like it, won’t watch it and have no empathy with whatever they think they’re doing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Holbrook has learnt nothing from last week. What an atrocious spine he's picked. And lol at Proctor. There's no points or creativity in this team unless AJ has a blinder.

i find it interesting that our extended bench is full of backs

First Grader

Holbrook continues to reward poor performance. Proctors 1 run for 4 metres last week ( and he has been performing poorly all year and last year as well) is testament that Holbrook will fast drive players out of this club with his inexcusable selections. Proctor is not the only one who continues to perform poorly and continues to get selected and our current 12th position is teflective of this.

Holbrook does not demand accountability by players and if players like Proctor continues to get selected after continued poor performances, then why should others bust a gut.

Rep Player

This game is literally being played a few hours away from me (being located in CQ) and I’m not even bothering. Going to the archer race day instead where I’m sure a 100-1 shot has a better chance than we do

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Holbrook continues to reward poor performance. Proctors 1 run for 4 metres last week ( and he has been performing poorly all year and last year as well) is testament that Holbrook will fast drive players out of this club with his inexcusable selections. Proctor is not the only one who continues to perform poorly and continues to get selected and our current 12th position is teflective of this.

Holbrook does not demand accountability by players and if players like Proctor continues to get selected after continued poor performances, then why should others bust a gut.
    Especially when the poor performance is from a senior player we supposedly kept to guide the younger team.

Roosters looking to turn things around in Mackay against the Titans
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Two consecutive one-point losses to the Roosters will be fresh on the minds of Titans players as they hit the turf at BB Print Stadium on Saturday. The Mackay crowd will be hoping the sequel is as good as the original.

NRL will make its return to Mackay on Saturday night with the Sydney Roosters taking on the Gold Coast Titans at BB Print Stadium, in the first competitive match played since the stadium hosted two semi-finals in September last year.

The Roosters v Titans is the prequel to two nail-biting finishes in their most recent encounters with the Roosters coming out on top by one point on both occasions including a controversial field goal in the Elimination Final courtesy of Sam Walker.

Sydney Rooster and Queensland Origin prop Lindsay Collins could not point to what was causing the tight finishes between the two sides.

“I think it’s just everyone competing every week. It’s just another round and yeah the last couple have been close so we are not, not expecting a tough game this time around,” Collins said.

Despite missing the recent games at BB Print Stadium through injury, Collins said he loved the atmosphere in Mackay.

“I played a couple of junior games in Mackay and I think I even played my first ever Roosters game in Mackay in a trial match against the Cowboys going back to 2017,” Collins said.

“We get a lot of support from the local community and Mackay’s a big rugby league town so it will be good to get out there and put on a performance for them.

“It may not be tens of thousands in the crowd but it almost seems like it, the way they cheer and support.”

It’s been a mixed start to the year for the Roosters who sit in seventh position on the ladder with four wins and four losses, and coming off a disappointing loss to the Bulldogs. Collins said it was important the Roosters “stick to their guns” in response.

“We have faith in our system and we’re close. We know that, we’ve just got to keep working hard and the rewards will come off the back of that,” he said.

There are still plenty of tickets for the match still available. They can be purchased via the MECC Box Office website.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Plenty to play for up against the Roosters
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-the-roosters/

There are plenty of motivators to get the Titans up for Saturday's clash against the Roosters in Mackay.

The Round 9 encounter will be the first time both teams have met since the dramatic elimination final in Townsville, where the Chooks progressed by a mere point in a crazy finish in the Gold Coast's first finals appearance since 2016.

It'll also be the first time the Titans have hit the road to regional Queensland since their emphatic 32-20 win against Manly in Gladstone four years ago.

If that's not enough, the blue and gold will be hoping to snap a four-game drought to get back on track with their finals hopes, and there's no better way to get back in the winner's circle than defeating the might and power of Sydney, according to Moeaki Fotuaika.

"Both sides are trying to get their seasons back on track with a win, so it'll be a good match on Saturday. Hopefully we can we can come away with the win," Fotuaika said on 4BC's Wide World of Sports.

Knowing the side have been close to the two points on several occasions this season, the squad is still up and about knowing they need to just keep working hard and sticking to their structures.

"This week, all the boys have been pretty enthusiastic at training and that because we know that we've been in most of the games this year. We just haven't been good enough to close out the game," Fotuaika said.

"I think we do know that a win is within our reach, so we've just got to keep working hard and sticking together because we will get a win if we just stick at it."

Up against high-quality and experienced forwards such as Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Angus Crichton and Victor Radley, the Origin prop is looking forward to the test in the middle third this weekend.

"I think coming up against a good forward pack like the Roosters, you always want to test yourself. They've been one of the top teams for the majority of the last couple of year," Fotuaika said.

"It'll be good as a forward pack and as a team to test ourselves against the great players that they have in that Roosters side."

Getting the chance to play in front of fans who don't usually experience week-in, week-out NRL action, Fotuaika is looking forward to plenty of support in the grandstands.

"It'll be a good match to play out in the country in Mackay and I'm sure all the locals up there love their footy and it'll just be a great game.

"It'll be good to get up there and play in front of the locals that don't really get that much footy up there."

The trek north begins a six-week Titans bonanza in Queensland, with the side not leaving the state with games in Mackay, Brisbane and at Cbus Super Stadium up until Round 15.

"It will definitely be a good thing for us, playing at home in front of our family, friends and fans that get behind us," Fotuaika said.

"Travelling does take a toll on your body but we get to play here over the next couple of weeks and hopefully we can play some good footy and get some back-to-back wins."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    i find it interesting that our extended bench is full of backs
    Yes. I thought the same thing. It gives a lot of possibilities.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Yes. I thought the same thing. It gives a lot of possibilities.
    I had a feeling that Herbert would be ruled out and Sami would replace him but they just posted some photos of training and Sami was in the away jersey which usually means he won’t be in the 17. Marsters was also in the away jersey but no photos of JC or Herbet so who knows if there will be any changes.

QLD Cup

Is Wallace injured? Surprised to see him miss the extended squad.

I'd have Wallace at starting prop. I love Tino and don't think we have a better lock in the squad but we have really missed the ball playing in the middle this year with him there. Niether Tino, Mo or Liu have the ability to play out the back which makes our attack very one dimensional. It put a lot of pressure on our halves as they always receive the ball with a defensive line that knows what is coming. Pushing Lui to the bench would also shore up our middle third when momentum swings. Don't get me wrong, I know that Wallace has a couple of errors in him and he'll more than likely give away a set restart or two, but I feel that he could get our attack moving again.

First Grader

Lui can play a ball playing 13 as he did that quite well at the Roosters when used when Radley was out. For the life of me I don’t understand why Holbrook has not used this option

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Lui can play a ball playing 13 as he did that quite well at the Roosters when used when Radley was out. For the life of me I don’t understand why Holbrook has not used this option
    I think it is because he is trying to get big minutes out of Tino in the middle.