Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 8: TITANS vs PANTHERS (2022)

TITANS vs PANTHERS
    Friday 6pm 29 April 2022
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Oh boy this is going to be fun

Everyone expects us to lose. I don’t think we’ll be disappointed.

First Grader

Can we throw in the towel now

Hey no expectation so lets have a go at bringing this team into the NRL 2022 game
    Don't worry Hurricane just copy and paste mate

1. Issako/Cambell
    2.Thompson
    3. Kelly
    4. Herbet
    5. Marz
    6. Turner
    7. Smith
    8. Tino
    9. Booth
    10. Mo
    11.Fifita
    12.Fermour
    13. Clark

14. Brimson
    15. Lui
    16. Ese
    17. McIntyre

Rep Player

Have hope. Lose hope. Think about next year. The ongoing titans fan cycle

Campbell at FB, keep the same halves with Toby and AJ. It’s a long term investment, give them time

Whilst I don't know if it changes much for the result of this game, Holbrook absolutely HAS to make changes for this one or he seriously has to be under fire. We cannot keep making the same decisions selection wise but expect a different result.

Completely agree with you jacksonm, IMO we have to play the long term game with Sexton/AJ/Campbell and let them get games under their belts. As Benji and Cronk said - spine players can take 40-50+ games until they truly understand the game and start making better decisions. Think it would be a brain dead move to drop Sexton and kill his confidence, or to move AJ back to 1 after he has spent a whole pre-season as 5/8 and has shown good glimpses. I think all have shown promising signs so they aren't terrible players, it's just our systems are totally rubbish for some reason atm.

One change that desperately needs to be made is Tanah Boyd to 9 and Clark either to the bench for a lockforward/middle rotation guy (similar to Brandon Smith at the Storm) or out of the team. He's not a bad player (I love his effort and defence), he's just not a hooker at all and lacks creativity there. Fifita also has to go back to the edge with Proctor & Wallace booted to the sun. Campbell to be brought back as well.

I'm hoping to see this but am betting we don't because Holbrook rarely makes changes:
    1. Campell
    2. Sami/Isaako if Sami is out
    3. Kelly
    4. Herbert
    5. Marzhew
    6. AJ
    7. Sexton
    8. Joliffe
    9. Boyd
    10. Liu
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Tino

14. Smith/Turner
    15. MoFo
    16. Lisone/Ese'Ese
    17. Clark/McIntyre

I l8e this team. I would like to see a few of the younger players in the top 35 start getting the number 17 jersey each week

BT after watching the presser I doubt we'ill see any changes as Hurricane's attitude seamed to be as per usual with "we just got it wrong and we'll have to be better next week". I think Joliffe will be out injured that's why I left out of my blow up side.

Initially I was excited to see Sexton coming thru but reality has now set in for me as I've formed the opinion he is just way to slow and not highly skilled TBH (in fact he could be the slowest bloke in the side )...not sure what other NRL club would be investing in a young 7 with these attributes in the modern game.

Aj is looking more and more not a straight out 6 but could become one of the best 14's in the comp IMO (love ya AJ).

I'f Clarks is not our 9 then why the hell wouldn't Booth be given a chance (why did we sign him?).

Anyway, if Hurricane thinks sticking with the current status quo has a future then we'll all continue to be disappointed and only disaster will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Whilst I don't know if it changes much for the result of this game, Holbrook absolutely HAS to make changes for this one or he seriously has to be under fire. We cannot keep making the same decisions selection wise but expect a different result.

Completely agree with you jacksonm, IMO we have to play the long term game with Sexton/AJ/Campbell and let them get games under their belts. As Benji and Cronk said - spine players can take 40-50+ games until they truly understand the game and start making better decisions. Think it would be a brain dead move to drop Sexton and kill his confidence, or to move AJ back to 1 after he has spent a whole pre-season as 5/8 and has shown good glimpses. I think all have shown promising signs so they aren't terrible players, it's just our systems are totally rubbish for some reason atm.

One change that desperately needs to be made is Tanah Boyd to 9 and Clark either to the bench for a lockforward/middle rotation guy (similar to Brandon Smith at the Storm) or out of the team. He's not a bad player (I love his effort and defence), he's just not a hooker at all and lacks creativity there. Fifita also has to go back to the edge with Proctor & Wallace booted to the sun. Campbell to be brought back as well.

I'm hoping to see this but am betting we don't because Holbrook rarely makes changes:
    1. Campell
    2. Sami/Isaako if Sami is out
    3. Kelly
    4. Herbert
    5. Marzhew
    6. AJ
    7. Sexton
    8. Joliffe
    9. Boyd
    10. Liu
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Tino

14. Smith/Turner
    15. MoFo
    16. Lisone/Ese'Ese
    17. Clark/McIntyre

First Grader

You just marvel at the Panthers defence. Raiders had only 2 tackles in the 2nd half in the Penrith half and they only achieved this by getting 2 penalties. They dominate field position by having a great kicking and chasing game followed by the most dominant suffocating defence in the league. The pressure they put on the attacking. team with their defence is just relentless all game and teams just crumble under the sustained pressure.

Apparently this is mostly Cameron Ciraldo’s doing and would do anything to prise him out of the Panthers if we really want to get serious in this competition and not just make up the numbers as our defensive structures have been diabolical for years.

Friday night won’t be pretty on present form

Luai said it’s because they practice it … if that’s the case our mob must be pretty good at 500.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

[

"Initially I was excited to see Sexton coming thru but reality has now set in for me as I've formed the opinion he is just way to slow and not highly skilled TBH (in fact he could be the slowest bloke in the side )...not sure what other NRL club would be investing in a young 7 with these attributes in the modern game."

I know its a different game now but I recall watching Greg Oliphant play at Wests Panthers. It was always a joke about what he does when he got in the clear. He wasn't the fastest half back. Nevertheless he went on and had quite a career.

Comparing Oli and Sexton is a stretch but I hope you’re right. The former never shirked taking it into the line. They were different times with 7’s built on toughness and guile.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Did anyone watch Burleigh play today? Just looked and saw Aaron Booth played off the bench, I believe that's his first game back? And also where is Ese Ese? I thought he'd be pushing for selection this week with Joliffe out but he didn't play any Qcup this weekend. Hopefully Holbrook has enough common sense to drop Proctor again and bring McIntyre in.

HS Esan Marsters played today so he is back from whatever was keeping him out.