Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    AJ is a fullback

And my grandmother is faster than sexton deadset it’s like he plays in gumboots, you can be the school boy star but geez when it’s men v men he is terrible and I hate rubbishing youngsters
    Another one I was sceptical of at the start of the year. But no no, have faith in our youngsters.

Can't be happy with a loss but I think we had a better balanced side tonight. Don't really rate Tanah but I'd give him longer game time.
    As others said, I don't know where our points will come from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Another one I was sceptical of at the start of the year. But no no, have faith in our youngsters.
    I got sick of hearing that.

Toby Sexton. Total run metres for last two games = 46. Tackles for last two games = 43. Missed tackles for last two games = 10.
    How can we survive with a half and hooker who cannot run? It narrows the potential points of attack and makes it so much easier to defend against us. Sexton needs to go back to Hostplus before the remainder of his confidence is shot. Put Smith at half and put Turner in to his preferred position of 6.
    Bet that the coach is appy about our performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Couldn’t agree more.

Is Mitch Moses still off contract for next year? Can't do any worse. Munster is never coming here.

Tanah really needs to learn to pass from the ground and without standing and then winding up to pass.

I actually didn't mind the effort tonight, the ref def spoiled us losing gracefully. I was happy with Will Smith at 5/8 I think he offers more than any of our other options. Our bench is woeful, Erin Clarke average, Proctor needs to go, need to take goal kicking duties away from Toby, AJ needs to stay at fullback until JC can grow and develop.

I think Tino, AJ, Will Smith, CT, Fermor and Patty Herbert can hold their heads up high. Again another game of two halves, I am losing faith by the week.

Generally a decent performance defensively but my lord we have no creativity or spine bar AJ.

Clark and Sexton MUST go.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Tanah really needs to learn to pass from the ground and without standing and then winding up to pass.
    Tanah’s service was wayy better than Clark’s , at least he doesn’t run out sideways 5metres before passing to the defence is already on them as soon as they catch it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    But to win games we need JC. I didn’t see anything from AJ that JC couldn’t do
    IMO AJ has turned into kick n chase player only , compared to other FB he does no set up play outside him at all.

He looked far more dangerous sniffing around the ruck than he did at 6. Safe as houses under the high ball,doensn’t get dragged back every run like JC, and is strong defensively. Wouldn’t surprise me if part of us being a lot better defensively today was due to Brimmo’s communication at the back. Also correct me if I’m wrong cause it may have been Smith but I think it was AJ that gave a great short ball to Fermor in the first half that put him through but they managed to stop him from scoring.

First Grader

Kevin Proctor made 1 run for 4 metres. WTF

- - - Updated - - -

When you have a half who cannot run and 2nd rower who doesn’t want to run, our right side attack has nothing to trouble the defence leaving only one side with any chance of scoring. No wonder we have trouble scoring points

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Kevin Proctor made 1 run for 4 metres. WTF

- - - Updated - - -

When you a half who cannot run and 2nd rower who doesn’t want to run, our right side attack has nothing to trouble the defence leaving only one side with any chance of scoring. No wonder we have trouble scoring points
    Wow mate that is absolutely shocking, how can Holbrook possibly keep justifying this??

Mr. Drew..I know he is on the injured list but all things being equal, how far do you believe Vaka Sikahele is away from first grade? One year, two maybe? From the vision I have seen of him and what has been said of him from within the club, he may be our longer term hooker option. Very interested in your view.

Better than we all thought. Sexton wasn't impressive, neither was the pitch invader, when are people going to nude up again?

I think I had a few too many drinks because I think I saw Fermor make a mistake. Interchange usage was confusing to say the least.

Defensively we looked better but fell back into old ways when they got a roll on.

Can't complain for what our expectations were. Oh and Fifta played injured or did he just not want to play tonight?

Brilliant analysis

- - - Updated - - -

Either is Moses

I feel sorry for Sexton because everytime the ball goes from Left to Right from hooker the defence is already in the face of him. Im not saying he deserves to be in the NRL but its hard to know his true potential when everytime Clark goes from Left to Right he takes 5 steps and then throws a messy lob pass. Fogarty had this same problem last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Better than we all thought. Sexton wasn't impressive, neither was the pitch invader, when are people going to nude up again?

I think I had a few too many drinks because I think I saw Fermor make a mistake. Interchange usage was confusing to say the least.

Defensively we looked better but fell back into old ways when they got a roll on.

Can't complain for what our expectations were. Oh and Fifta played injured or did he just not want to play tonight?
    Fifita - knee, medial.