Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Did anyone watch Burleigh play today? Just looked and saw Aaron Booth played off the bench, I believe that's his first game back? And also where is Ese Ese? I thought he'd be pushing for selection this week with Joliffe out but he didn't play any Qcup this weekend. Hopefully Holbrook has enough common sense to drop Proctor again and bring McIntyre in.

HS Esan Marsters played today so he is back from whatever was keeping him out.
    Yeah mate I watched. Booth didn’t get huge minutes but was solid when he was on. Tanah is a way ahead of him at the moment IMO.

Not sure about Herman and I’m not thrilled at him being promoted - he’s been the worst of our middles at cup level this year I reckon. Yet I’d still rather he gets a gig just to get Proctor and Jwal off the team sheet.

Marsters had a decent game. Just has some moments of laziness/no urgency that blows my mind considering he’s an ex international. Tony Francis was very good and Lofi had probably his best game of the season.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah mate I watched. Booth didn’t get huge minutes but was solid when he was on. Tanah is a way ahead of him at the moment IMO.

Not sure about Herman and I’m not thrilled at him being promoted - he’s been the worst of our middles at cup level this year I reckon. Yet I’d still rather he gets a gig just to get Proctor and Jwal off the team sheet.

Marsters had a decent game. Just has some moments of laziness/no urgency that blows my mind considering he’s an ex international. Tony Francis was very good and Lofi had probably his best game of the season.
    Thanks for the update mate, if Herman's off the pace then I'm glad he didn't play this week as surely it means he can't get picked for us. Hopefully Booth can work his way into the team in a few weeks, but it sounds like Tanah played well on the weekend so I'd rather he gets put in as anything is better than Clark right now.

This is the team I'd like to see this week, even though it won't mean **** against the Panthers
    1. Campbell
    2. Thompson
    3. Kelly
    4. Sami (Herbert just isn't doing it for me)
    5. Marzhew
    6. AJ
    7. Sexton
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10. Liu
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Tino

14. Smith
    15. McIntyre
    16. Lisone (Would not be there if Joliffe was fit)
    17. Clark

First Grader

How is Tristan Powell going. Seems to be getting very good wraps

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    How is Tristan Powell going. Seems to be getting very good wraps
    He’s fantastic mate. Had a really underwhelming 2021 season playing A grade but this year he’s come out firing and fulfilling the promise he showed as a standout junior. A bit undersized for a middle but he makes up for it. Hard working, honest prop who plays tough. Hope the guys in front office swallow their pride and bring him back in or else he’s the type who will end up at Melbourne.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/04/...th-kokoda-cup/
    34 - 0
    "The Bears also have the weekend off before playing Souths Logan Magpies."

Bears are doing nothing next week. Can we run them out instead?

Banned

Remember when Cameron Smith was feedingTino tries every week

Can we have a play like that instead of just handing fifita the ball and hoping for the best

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Remember when Cameron Smith was feedingTino tries every week

Can we have a play like that instead of just handing fifita the ball and hoping for the best
    Should try Fifita at hooker so the media are happy that he touched the ball more often. Not sure if he can pass right to left though so that may be a flaw in my plan.

- - - Updated - - -

AJ Brimson will return to fullback, with Titans Coach Justin Holbrook tweaking his spine ahead of a clash with reigning premiers Penrith on Friday night.

With Jayden Campbell continuing to make his way back from a rib cartilage injury, Brimson moves to the custodian position, with Will Smith to slot alongside Toby Sexton in the halves.

Herman Ese'ese will play his first game of the season, with the experienced forward named on the interchange bench.

Tanah Boyd also returns to the side for the first time since round one and will take the #14 jersey.

Phillip Sami has been named on the wing and will be hopeful of a return after being a late withdrawal last round through injury.

- - - Updated - - -

For those hoping Herman replaced KP, think again

- - - Updated - - -

First Grader

How can he possibly justify picking Proctor again?? I'm glad he made some changes but **** me. And Herman's first game of last year was against the Panthers as well, how'd that go for him..

And what does this say about the entire pre-season spent making AJ into a 5/8? They say Campbell is still making his way back from injury but he has been fine for at least 2 weeks and played on the weekend, I think they've clearly just lost confidence in him.
    Last edited by Titslover; 26-04-22 at 04:10 PM.

Actually keen to see Herman, got to think he’s entered Last Chance Saloon for now, hope he can make the most of it.

Really don’t know if moving Brimson from 6 is the move, still hoping for Paul Turner to get a go at the Fullback spot soon.

Hopefully Herman kills it. Happy to see JC learn his craft in cup instead of getting his confidence killed with an inexperienced spine. Will Smith is our most mature and seasoned spine player on the roster and maturity in our decision making is one of the most needed thing our team rights now and Will Smith might not be perfect but he is our only candidate, hopefully he kills it too against one of his former clubs.

Sam Mac must be playing very poorly if he can't jump over Proctor to make this side especially after last weeks performance.
    Let's hope its a bit of smoke and mirrors and change comes late.
    I don't mind these changes it sure is better than the status quo but would obviously be better with Joliffe. (Good on ya Hurricane just don't forget Proctor must not be in the 17 come whistle time though or we are extra royally f@cked).
    Hoping we get to see Tanah come in early and push Clark to lock and Tino into prop rotation. Clark just might be that link-man we desperately need

I'm not sure about our thinking, Herman has no contract for next, nor does KP. McIntyre we decided was worth an extension, but we continue to play the players that aren't worthy of contract extensions and play the blokes that wouldn't get 5 mins NRL in any other team. Anyway, feel sorry for CT as well.

Sam Mac got some nasty cuts to his head on the weekend but I'm still surprised to see him not named. He's going great week after week.

Hope the changes bring some newfound energy and enthusiasm at the very least.

Some takeaways from the team list.
    JC- looks from the outside that Holbrook has taken the injury as an opportunity to send him back down to cup to work on things as he "recovers" from injury. Can see the merit in this move.
    AJ- Holbrook has realised what Brisbane knew, Isaako isn't a very good FB. Hopefully only a short term move before JC comes back.
    Tanah- really happy to see him on the bench, hopefully it isn't long before he get a chance to start.

I know this might ruffle feathers but Kelly is doing nothing for me. He is average these days. Too many errors and defensive lapses.
    If Holbrook wants to move Fifita, put him into lock. I love Tino but not sure he is a 13.

Hopefully the changes bring a different attitude this week but not expecting any miracles.

JC hadn’t been picked for Tweed this weekend. Doesn’t mean he won’t play but he is not in the selected team.