Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 7: COWBOYS vs TITANS (2022)

COWBOYS vs TITANS
    Saturday, 23 April 2022

Tickets: https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/25005C3A3392676C
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

I'm going to support the tigers from now on

Obviously coach forgot today was Tuesday and just decided to send out last weeks team by mistake.

First Grader

I wonder when Holbrook actually intends to bring JC back? According to the injury report he was fit to play last week and there were photos of him training. If the plan is still to have him as our first choice FB they should bring him back this week, not next against the Panthers.

Player for player Cows have got us on current form when this should be a very winnable game ... Titans x 2 only because I can't bring myself to back against them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Goes ahead and names the same squad. Zzz.

What changes can we even make to fix our biggest issues? Mcintyre in for someone seems obvious to me but is he even healthy? Is Boyd back available? Does any of this even fix us leaking 18-20 points in a single half

I'd back Turner to come in for Will Smith as a bit X factor but the guy has never played dummy half in his life. Never thought I'd be out here simping for a healthy Tanah Boyd to grab the 9 jumper but here I am

Interested to hear the feedback on who people would swap out and why

CT in for Isaako
    McIntyre in for JWal
    Both dropped players will be playing for the Dolphins next year so no need to keep them fit.

One of the things that peed me off last week was it was obvious Isaako was told to pass the ball rather than he and JC both trying to be heros. That equated to Isaako shufling the ball through the line (well before the D line) for the centre and winger to run out of room and still have no overlap. Waste of time leaving him there. he's not kicking goals for us either so boot him

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    CT in for Isaako
    McIntyre in for JWal
    Both dropped players will be playing for the Dolphins next year so no need to keep them fit.

One of the things that peed me off last week was it was obvious Isaako was told to pass the ball rather than he and JC both trying to be heros. That equated to Isaako shufling the ball through the line (well before the D line) for the centre and winger to run out of room and still have no overlap. Waste of time leaving him there. he's not kicking goals for us either so boot him
    Agree except Campbell for Isaako. I know he had a dusty start to the year and looks a bit too small, but we moved our Origin standard fullback into 6 to accommodate him, we can’t just throw that out the window after 3 games. At this stage finals isn’t looking likely for this side, we need to stick string to our plan and give the young spine as much time as possible to gel together.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    CT in for Isaako
    McIntyre in for JWal

Yep spot on with Isaako. He plays a team out of shape and looks like he's just constantly playing his own game outside of whatever everyone else is trying to do

Can agree with both of those JB. I dunno if it would make us that much more competitive but I'd be all for it for the reason you say

I'm surprised Paul Turner hasn't been spoken about as a fullback option. He's doing a good job there at cup level. Give JC some genuine competition that isn't a fill-in.

You lads have nailed it. Obvious that isaako has been thrust into a team where he doesn't know the plays. I'd take CT over isaako any day. I'm reading that Campbell is almost ready. We need him in the team, regardless of experience. Let him learn.

I agree with HS' original point that none of the aesthetic fixes mentioned really solve the points leakage or perhaps more accurately the yardage leakage. If we don't give away 65m every set defensive then surely we don't leak so many points.

Thompson would help that from the back to some extent but (1) watching our men, big and small, being carried downfield every tackle smacks of technique, and (2) watching our defensive line standing flat-footed with no perceptible line-speed smacks of poor what? ... I'll bet they don't train like that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I get the feeling that Turner might get a late call up. He must be close.

I’m guessing turner is close.. being 18th man.. haven’t seen much of him apart from that one trial that he didn’t look that impressive but was his 1st game in awhile so can’t judge that.. I was hoping for some change this week.. especially Herbert.. his side gets targeted every week and he makes the same mistakes every week.. am I the only one seeing this?

Rep Player

Minor changes but I want Tino and Liu to swap and Wallace starting with Mo off the bench. Liu has ball playing ability and can play bigger minutes, so he should be at lock. He can swap out with Lisone for 20-30 mins.