Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

For the slim chance of restoring some faith in Gold Coast rugby league, Tweed are playing at 2pm today on Kayo & 9.

JC playing means Paul Turner gets bumped from his best position, Jojo Fifita starting right wing, Tanah should be back but I dunno if they’re gonna run him at 7 or 9 (yes it should be 9). Sam Mac should be playing also.

Far out what an absolute ****show that game was last night. I honestly thought those sorts of games were well behind us and we were moving in the right direction but seriously this year it seems like we have jumped back 10 places. Some comments:

-Our forwards and team in general have absolutely no mongrel and don't seem to care about rolling up their sleeves to do the tough stuff and get into an arm wrestle. We seem to want to wait for the other team to slip up rather than fighting for the momentum through strong defence, forcing an error etc

-Nothing seems to have changed in regards to effort and heart. All year I feel like we have been playing in cruise control and last night it seemed the players wanted to be anywhere but playing. Lazy errors, dumb penalties and tackling + carting the ball up with 50% intensity

-I am not sure what happened to our slick attack from the first 3 rounds. I remember we were all commenting how lead runners were timed perfectly on backline movements, passes were going to hands and everyone knew what they were doing. Fast forward and the last month or so we have looked clueless. Just doing 4 hitups and then a bomb, or doing a few hitups and then passes go to ground if we start throwing it around.

-Sexton showed a lot of promise with a great kicking game in those first few rounds but I have no idea what has happened. Yes I know a young half and he will take 30+ games to understand the NRL but it looks like his confidence is absolutely shattered and he doesn't know what to do in attack. Same with AJ who was killing it the first few weeks and the 5/8 move looked like a masterstroke but ever since he has been non-existent. I don't think dropping them is the answer as we've invested too much in Sexton so sadly I think we might just have to put up with the growing pains...

-Proctor and Wallace must be nowhere near this team ever again and please for the love of god move Fifita back to the second row.

It is quite scary to see how far we have fallen and with the Tigers winning last night and being on the same points, we are a realistic chance of dropping into the bottom 2 or winning the spoon if we can't turn it around. Another scary thing is I'm not sure how we fix it. Sorry fellas but a few team list changes here or there isn't going to cut it, we have so many areas that we are lacking in and it isn't going to be a quick fix. Panthers and Roosters certainly don't help the cause the next 2 weeks...

Junior

Just watching the press conference and if we had 17 Tinos out on the field we would be in with a shot every week. The guy looked absolutely devastated and had taken that loss very personal. Hopefully they knuckle down at training and can all find the passion that that guy shows

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Just watching the press conference and if we had 17 Tinos out on the field we would be in with a shot every week. The guy looked absolutely devastated and had taken that loss very personal. Hopefully they knuckle down at training and can all find the passion that that guy shows
    That’s the guy that keeps sending the same or a worse team out. That’s the guy that rolls out the same defensive plan. That’s the guy that seemingly listened to the media bashing about trying to get Fifita more ball by moving him into a position he has no place being in.

I hope he’s devastated. It’s another nail in another coaches coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That’s the guy that keeps sending the same or a worse team out. That’s the guy that rolls out the same defensive plan. That’s the guy that seemingly listened to the media bashing about trying to get Fifita more ball by moving him into a position he has no place being in.

I hope he’s devastated. It’s another nail in another coaches coffin.
    They changed things defensively at training recently JB but it’s too little too late I feel. Just adds more confusion to an already desperate group

Not even sure how we send out a better team. Small tweaks here and there to make us on LOT feel better but not sure we even have the cattle to actually improve much

Pretty dire all round tbh

Getting rid of Wallace, Proctor and Clark would be a good start. Sexton and Smith as half’s, AJ looks anything but a 5/8.

Telling 2 rookies that they had the 1 and 7 positions was a huge mistake.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    For the slim chance of restoring some faith in Gold Coast rugby league, Tweed are playing at 2pm today on Kayo & 9.

JC playing means Paul Turner gets bumped from his best position, Jojo Fifita starting right wing, Tanah should be back but I dunno if they’re gonna run him at 7 or 9 (yes it should be 9). Sam Mac should be playing also.
    Turner named to play at right centre inside Jojo Fifita

Holbrook is a lucky man, the Knights and most likely the Raiders getting flogged next will put media scrutiny on their coaches and he won't get talked about at all.

They changed things defensively at training recently JB but it’s too little too late I feel. Just adds more confusion to an already desperate group

Not even sure how we send out a better team. Small tweaks here and there to make us on LOT feel better but not sure we even have the cattle to actually improve much

Pretty dire all round tbh
    Well that is dire coming from you. Guess I better start planning for NFL season.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    How'd the Titans boys go for Tweed HS?
    Wet sloppy conditions so wasn’t much of a game for outside backs. Sam Mac prob the best, Tanah also looked sharp around the ruck with the ball.

Turner no idea how to defend at centre after being tossed there. Jojo got a lesson in defending grubbers. I don’t think he’s a winger. JC so-so, had some good moments but some average ones as well.

AJ’s brother Will made roughly 100 errors. Tweed were shocking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Well that is dire coming from you. Guess I better start planning for NFL season.
    I’m sorry man

Wet sloppy conditions so wasn’t much of a game for outside backs. Sam Mac prob the best, Tanah also looked sharp around the ruck with the ball.

Turner no idea how to defend at centre after being tossed there. Jojo got a lesson in defending grubbers. I don’t think he’s a winger. JC so-so, had some good moments but some average ones as well.

AJ’s brother Will made roughly 100 errors. Tweed were shocking

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sorry man
    Yeah I realised it was still going and chucked it on for the last 10, looked like Tweed had a chance to make it a game but then Brimmo 2.0 drops it off the scrum haha. Didn't really get to see too much from our guys after that, Jojo made a clutch intercept on the line there but I'll trust your judgment on him not being a winger. We're stacked with wingers anyway so I'd rather see him develop at centre so Herbert can piss off.

Was disappointed when you said Turner was playing centre, I'd like him to get a bit of time at 6 so it gives us that option to move AJ back to 1 and Turner 6.

I think we'd improve our team massively if we can find a semi-competent hooker. Our recruitment and retention committee has let the team down badly if Erin Clark is our best hooker. Deary me he is absolutely terrible offensively. Poor service and he absolutely asks no questions of the markers or A and B defenders

QLD Cup

Simple question. Where is the center depth we seem to have had at the start of the season and that includes Fermor who has some centre experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Simple question. Where is the center depth we seem to have had at the start of the season and that includes Fermor who has some centre experience?
    Esan Marsters, Treymain Spry (unfortunate as we know) and then you’ve got a bunch of kids who aren’t ready yet in Tony Francis and Jojo Fifita.

No idea what’s happened to Esan but he’s done something that is keeping him from being in the picture. Francis & Fifita will get there but they’re 19 year olds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    I think we'd improve our team massively if we can find a semi-competent hooker. Our recruitment and retention committee has let the team down badly if Erin Clark is our best hooker. Deary me he is absolutely terrible offensively. Poor service and he absolutely asks no questions of the markers or A and B defenders
    100% it would make a huge difference. We took that big swing at Brandon Smith but missed and it’s such a scarce position for quality on the market. I like Erin for his effort but he’s a bench 9/lock.

Very disappointed to receive an email offering injuries as our reason for such a performance. Of course they won’t blame anyone however even Stevie Wonder would know that ineptitude on and off the field were the culprits.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.