Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Agree about AJ staying at 6 HS, in my opinion he is already a top 3 defensive 5/8 in the league and he is currently 2nd in the comp for try assists. He isn’t taking on the line quite as much as I expected though, I thought he would be a Jack Wighton/ Munster type 6 that can dummy and go near the line. Encouraging signs from him though so early into a positional change.

All valid points imo.
    We are definitely not travelling as well as expected and this poses a massive problem.
    I have had high hopes since we signed Hurricane but it was obvious to me last year that he sticks thick with his original plans and doesn’t like to make changes even when it looks obvious to us punters.
    I thought Hurricane was going to be a mover shaker type and hold blokes accountable yet he is looking very conservative in his team selections and only shakes things up when it’s all to late
    We have improved personnel but things are starting to smell like last year except we can score more points.

Also I doubt Sexton would line up again next week if he played for any other NRL club after that performance and we most certainly look a better team when Smith is on the park.

Bloody over the Titans TBH

Rav I don’t think we can even score more points than last year and that’s one of the most concerning things for me. Last year we had multiple games where we scored 30,40+ and even as early as round 3 we put on 44. This year we have entire half’s where we look clueless in attack, and then when we do score its off things like dropped kicks, scoots from dummy half or individual brilliance from Fifita. The first half of the Raiders game our attack looked really slick, especially the first try of the game, but since then its completely dropped off the hill and I have no idea why. At least last year we played exciting, well structured footy but couldn’t defend, the last few weeks we can’t do either.

Banned

Sack Holbrook

Bring back Garth Brennan

QLD Cup

I might be in the minority but I disagree with most comments regarding Sexton. He’s getting some average ball from not just his hooker but also his middles playing out the back and centres/wingers from dummy half. He made some out of character drops last game but his shirt kicking game was good I thought.

We are a young team and I think that is showing at crucial times but the positives is we aren’t getting blown off the park like we were in previous years. AJ needs to be left at 6 we can’t keep juggling him around. He played 6 in his junior career and when he is running looks deadly. I back Cambell to come back and play well also.

Get Paul turner off the bench give him a chance will smith plays too selfish line peachey stifles our attack

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I might be in the minority but I disagree with most comments regarding Sexton. He’s getting some average ball from not just his hooker but also his middles playing out the back and centres/wingers from dummy half. He made some out of character drops last game but his shirt kicking game was good I thought.

We are a young team and I think that is showing at crucial times but the positives is we aren’t getting blown off the park like we were in previous years. AJ needs to be left at 6 we can’t keep juggling him around. He played 6 in his junior career and when he is running looks deadly. I back Cambell to come back and play well also.
    I definitely think sexton has a future for us. It just needs time. Interestingly I saw an interview with Trent Robinson talking about the changes to his spine. He said he would give about ten weeks to let it gel. That's why I think AJ needs some time in there with an experienced half and then he can work with sexton. Look at the donkeys, only reason they were in that game on Friday night is because of Reynolds and his game management and kicking. We are one experienced half or hooker away.

First Grader

I just feel like we have lost all direction in attack. Watch the eels game from round 1 again and the first half of the raiders and its so glaringly obvious we have gone backwards.

Also 3 seasons now and our defence is still well bow average. At what point to we begin to make moves into fixing that area with new coaching staff? Not necessarily getting rid of anyone bur perhaps bringing in someone with some new ideas to help add to what we have already been working on?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I just feel like we have lost all direction in attack. Watch the eels game from round 1 again and the first half of the raiders and its so glaringly obvious we have gone backwards.

Also 3 seasons now and our defence is still well bow average. At what point to we begin to make moves into fixing that area with new coaching staff? Not necessarily getting rid of anyone bur perhaps bringing in someone with some new ideas to help add to what we have already been working on?
    Yeah for sure, those 2 games you mentioned we were moving the ball so quickly through the backline, had players in motion and easily created overlaps. I even said to my mate we are a top 6 attacking team in the comp. Since the 2nd half of the Raiders game I haven’t seen any of that, and I have no idea why.

I don’t think our attack is anything to be hugely concerned about. We’re still scoring points despite an out of form 7, some inconsistency with AJ finding his feet at 6, and a fill in fullback who’s been there for a few weeks

Because of this it’s not looking pretty and silky but we’re finding a way. It’ll come back. Stopping points is the thing we should be concerned about haha

I think we should be including a plodding 9 into this conversation ... one step and pass, how somebody hasn't kicked his shins for this beyond me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don’t think our attack is anything to be hugely concerned about. We’re still scoring points despite an out of form 7, some inconsistency with AJ finding his feet at 6, and a fill in fullback who’s been there for a few weeks

Because of this it’s not looking pretty and silky but we’re finding a way. It’ll come back. Stopping points is the thing we should be concerned about haha
    Have to agree with most of this, we have scored 18+ points in all but one of our games (against tigers)
    Usually would be enough to win more games than you lose, but we've conceded 18+ points in all except one game (also tigers)

We need to persist as much as possible with our core spine, no way we were winning a comp this year we need to build for future. We do need to find a new hooker, I think Clark better suited to the lock position, his leg speed looks quite good to me could be our version of B.Smith.
    Just my two cents