Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thompson pumped for return against old colours
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...t-old-colours/

It's been a tough few weeks on the sidelines for Corey Thompson, but the flyer is jumping out of his skin to be back against his former club.

Returning from a fractured hand sustained just before Round 1, the experienced winger has been given the green light by Titans medicos and will line-up against the Wests Tigers - a side he played 44 games for. The showdown will actually be the first time he's faced off against his old colours after missing last year's clash due to injury.

"I love it on the Coast and I love being part of this team, but it's always good to win against your old club," Thompson said.

"It'll be good to see my old friends too that I've met there and haven't spoken to for a long time.

"I haven't really spoken to the boys that are there. The boys I speak to a lot, they've moved on from the Tigers as well, so I don't think there'll be any text messages there.

"I spoke to [David Nofoaluma] a couple days ago... he was the only one that reached out, but it'll be good to see them all again.

"This is my first time playing them because I did my ankle before the Tigers game last year, so missed out then ... so this will be the first time I've played against them."

The 109-game try-scoring machine feels in tip-top shape and has no concerns for his hand after the contact injury with fellow teammate David Fifita.

"It honestly feels really good. There's a little bit of strapping on it, but I trained well today and and trained well yesterday," Thompson said.

"There was no pain at all. I can catch no problem and tackle no problem.

"Obviously, this is my first game of the year, so I'm really excited to get out there and play. I'm so grateful for Justin to put me back in and now I really want to repay his faith in me and and play well and hopefully get a win, especially with no trials too.

"I really miss playing footy and miss being part of the boys. It's a lonely place the rehab group and to watch the boys play and train and not be a part of it, it was hard.

"But now, I can put my foot down and and play well and get ready for a big year."

The regular right edge outside back is also keen to re-join his regular combination with Patrick Herbert, Toby Sexton and David Fifita, although has enjoyed seeing Greg Marzhew fill the empty right wing void the past three weeks.

"I spent the whole pre-season with Patty, Dave and Toby and we've got a really good combination, but it was great to see Greg play so well on that right edge. He is such a strong runner," Thompson said.

"I'm very grateful to come back onto the right edge and to get that combination going again."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Last word: All focus on Titans ahead of Tigers bout
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...f-tigers-bout/

Justin Holbrook has had to deal with floods, injury and COVID withdrawals, but nothing can dampen the Titans coach ahead of tonight's clash against the Wests Tigers.

A few team changes have seen some experienced heads jettison into the side, including the inclusions of Jamayne Isaako and Jarrod Wallace, which will help the young side play for the full 80 minutes.

"The Raiders came out really hard in the second half and we just didn't match them which was the disappointing thing. It would've been great to just hang on and win that one, that's for sure, and it’s disappointing that we didn't," Holbrook said.

"We’d like to handle those situations a bit better and that obviously comes through a little bit of lack of experience, which we're going to get during the year, but in the end, we should have done enough to hang on and win the game.

"We need to learn from that and get better and bounce back this week."

All the focus for the Gold Coast mentor has been on his side, not worrying about the winless Tigers who will be hungry for their first win of the year.

"We can't waste too much time worrying about [the opposition]. I think we just got to make sure we get ourselves ready and put 80 minutes together," Holbrook said.

"The first two games we didn't concede a try in the second half and then on the weekend, we conceded four and weren't in control of it at all at any stage.

"We are getting ready to put 80 minutes together and we'll just make sure we get our game right rather than worrying about the West Tigers.

The Titans coach is hoping to see a bumper crowd fill the stands at Cbus for tonight's clash, in the side's first Thursday night clash of the year.

"Hopefully we can get a big crowd and it's school holidays the day after, so hopefully everyone can bring their kids out for Thursday night footy at home.

"We need a big crowd. It was a good win for us at the last home game and we need all the support we can get."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Isaako can haunt Tigers
    TRAVIS MEYN & PETER BADEL
    htttp://www.gcbulletin.com.au

JAMAYNE Isaako will make his Gold Coast Titans debut against Wests Tigers, who wanted him in their colours.

Isaako has been catapulted into the Gold Coast’s No.1 jersey for Thursday night’s clash against the Tigers at Cbus Super Stadium to replace injured Titans fullback Jayden Campbell (ribs).

But he could have easily been standing on the other side of the field.

While contracted to the Broncos last year, Isaako met with Tigers coach Michael Maguire in Brisbane as his New Zealand Test mentor looked to lure the goalkicking ace to Concord.

The not-so-secret meeting created shockwaves at Red Hill as the Broncos denied giving Isaako permission to negotiate with rival clubs. That changed this year when Isaako was released after just one round to join the Titans.

A week later, he finds himself doing exactly what he was recruited to do – cover for the young Campbell for the remainder of the season before Isaako joins expansion club the Dolphins next year.

Isaako, 25, said he had a good relationship with Maguire, but wanted to remain in Queensland.

“I certainly get along with Madge. I respect him as my international coach,” the six- Test Kiwi said.

“The opportunity to go to the Tigers probably wasn’t in the best interests of my family and myself.

“I definitely considered all of my options. Going to Sydney was a tough one with a young family and everything I had going for me here. I didn’t really want to move.

“Luckily enough, the opportunity came to come to the Gold Coast. I took that with both hands.

“I’m grateful to Justin (Holbrook, Titans coach) and everyone at the club for allowing me to be here and giving me an opportunity.”

Maguire said while he rated Isaako, a move to the Tigers wasn’t going to work out and he was focused on helping Wests clinch their first win of the year.

“I had a chat to Jamayne last year,” he said.

“We caught up, but at the time Jamayne was contracted to the Broncos and he wanted to stay there. He’s now moved on to the Titans.

“I’ve coached him in the New Zealand team and he’s a good player.

“We all know what Jamayne is capable of, but I can’t worry about him. My focus is on my own players this week.”

Isaako has only had a handful of training sessions with his new teammates since signing with the Titans last week.

He said he could be targeted on Thursday night but is up for the challenge and determined to keep his place in the team when Campbell is cleared to return.

“I’m always up for a challenge,” he said.

Titans v Wests Tigers
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/31/...-wests-tigers/
    Zac Bailey previews the Round 4 clash between the Gold Coast Titans and Wests Tigers

LeagueUnlimited Preview: Titans v Tigers
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/370...igers-preview/

I'll take the $7 on Jwal try + win.

First Grader

Supposedly Steve Mitchell just said on the news another player is out with covid but couldn't say who. We'll know who it is in 10 minutes but I'm pretty nervous about who it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Supposedly Steve Mitchell just said on the news another player is out with covid but couldn't say who. We'll know who it is in 10 minutes but I'm pretty nervous about who it might be.
    It's Fermor :/

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy1 View Post
    Are you sure?
    Another change is coming!
    JB jinxed his boy Fermor hard, he's out. Sammy Mac comes onto the bench with Proctor starting backrow. So relieved McIntyre has been brought onto the bench, if Proctor had to play 80 on the edge I'd just accept the loss right now.
    Last edited by Titslover; 31-03-22 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    It's Fermor :/
    Ah. Gut-punch. Get better Fermor.

LATE MAIL: Proctor to start, Wallace to bench, Fermor withdraws
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...l-nrl-round-4/

Gold Coast Titans veteran back rower Kevin Proctor will start in his 100th appearance for the club after the club was forced into a late change with Beau Fermor withdrawing.

Fermor was forced to withdraw due to testing positive with COVID-19 and joins teammates Isaac Liu, Jayden Campbell and Phil Sami as changes from last weeks game against the Canberra Raiders.

With Fermor out and Proctor starting, Sam McIntyre will come onto the bench and make his first Titans appearance for season 2022.

Jaimin Jolliffe will start in the front row with Moeaki Fotuaika after Liu’s withdrawal and Jarrod Wallace also receives his first game of the year after joining the reserves.

Rep Player

If our replacements are Marzhew, Wallace and McIntyre, we have bloody good depth

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

These changes are making me rethink my tips. Very nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    These changes are making me rethink my tips. Very nervous.
    I just changed mine. Hope i regret it

KP to start