Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Another reason why the defensive line of wait and hold is a bad strategy is that the attacking team on the 6th are in a position of an attacking play such as an attacking kick, running on the 6th. This gives the attacking team more opportunities and more sets to score tries rather than having a defensive system which has good line speed and limiting the yardage on a set of 6 resulting in the opposition having to rely on a clearing kick rather than an attacking kick or play. Minimising the opposition yardage in a set of 6 limits the opportunities to score tries

Great discussion all. We've really got some good footy brains on this forum, super lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we've lost another one to Covid

Name starts with L and ends with iu

First Grader

Fark me, is that Jwall’s music? Surely start Joliffe and Mo together then

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Fark me, is that Jwall’s music? Surely start Joliffe and Mo together then
    yep Jwal in

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    yep Jwal in
    At least Covid can't keep Fermor down.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Rumor has it that he’s been down on everything except the Titanic … thank heavens

And it means that with the exception of Smith/Peachey we are fielding the same team as last year.
    Last edited by Titanic; 30-03-22 at 04:40 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...nberra-finish/

This article and Clark say that JC has broken ribs, but the original article about him being out said scans confirmed cartilage damage and he is a chance to be back for the Eels game due to the long turnaround. I'm guessing broken ribs would be at least a few weeks out. Anyone know which one it is?

First Grader

Confirmation from Corey that he will be coming straight back onto the right edge, hopefully helps the defence and communication out there.

"I spent the whole pre-season with Patty, Dave and Toby and we've got a really good combination, but it was great to see Greg play so well on that right edge. He is such a strong runner," Thompson said.

"I'm very grateful to come back onto the right edge and to get that combination going again."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...t-old-colours/

Great to hear ^

GL & BK defending together tho :/

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Great to hear ^

GL & BK defending together tho :/
    Yeah bit scary but hopefully Tigers have been training all week focusing on attacking our right edge.

QLD Cup

I think that our line speed is noticeably worse when our subs come on. Both Joliffe and Lisone adopt a real catching technique in their tackles and wait for support to bring the player down. Problem is they spend a lot of time on their heels waiting for the player to come to them so they can catch them.

JB's point about not being able to stop the player from offloading, despite having three players in the tackle is the most frustrating thing. If we stopped that offload before half time last week, chances are we go on to win that game.

When you look at our bench we have two catchers, Proctor who typically comes in around the legs, and a small forward. None of these players can create defensive pressure on the opposition or come up with a play on defence that swings the momentum back in our favour. We are constantly on the back foot (but we can attack well if we ever get the ball). I don't think the balance is quite right in our squad to be competitive against those teams that know how to attack a ruck, and unfortunately, I suspect that last weekend won't be the last time we get exposed through the middle this season.

Looking at our squad perhaps we should be looking to Ese Ese to bring some defensive mongrel. Lui's wrestling in the middle of the game would also be beneficial.

One of the boys has covid or is isolating so there will be a reshuffle!

Banned

I prefer to be on the fullback and Isaako go to wing

Our updated bench makes me nervous for this one.
    I don't like it and Hurricane will have to be a magician with the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Are you sure?
    Another change is coming!