Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Weak ****. Can’t go giving them a sniff on the half time bell

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Frustrating to let that in with something like 30 seconds to go. A bit of a Titans trope. Hopefully it slaps us in the face to improve our defence.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Earlier in that half I was thinking Kelly looked super suspect in defence...

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Annoying. I actually thought that offload went into a titans player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Earlier in that half I was thinking Kelly looked super suspect in defence...
    So did I

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Credit to Holbrook I can't remember the last time we looked so fluent in attack and running shape Inside the opposition 20
    Never. That's when. Never.

Need to improve first contact and wrapping up the offload. Their completions will improve in the second half and our boys need to be prepared to grind it out

Rep Player

Yeah looked like it was off us and then a forward pass but either way that’s the ball game. We had been so dominant and just reverted back to the titans of old. Im still not sold on JC at this stage I have no doubt he is out lifetime #1 moving forward but even then he just doesn’t seem to have his cover defence sorted at this stage bit early days for him

Even with a great score like this our defense looks very pedestrian … line speed slow, off loads at will and post tackle meters outrageous. Like Fifita’s greater involvement and running on to the ball. I don’t want to criticize JC and I hope he’s not injured but looks like the odd one out. Solid under the high ball but that’s about it.

Fingers crossed out defensive resolve ramps up in the second half.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I was ambivalent about moving AJ to 5/8. Not any more. He's a superstar. Brilliant in defence and his attack is even better.
    Now to fix up the defence hole he left at fullback.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I was ambivalent about moving AJ to 5/8. Not any more. He's a superstar. Brilliant in defence and his attack is even better.
    Now to fix up the defence hole he left at fullback.
    If it was me I would move Thompson back to FB and give JC some time in QCup to work on his cover and some time in the gym

Have I missed JC not covering something tonight? Genuinely asking - I know he had some issues last week but haven’t seen him even tested defensively tonight (thankfully)

His lack of involvement looks like a player low on confidence. Hopefully he tests them around the middle a bit in the second half

Rep Player

I think this is our first big test coming up. So many times last year we would be wading at half time and just capitulate. Let’s just start hard. Complete sets. No dumb penalties and let’s be the first to score.

Let’s go boys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Have I missed JC not covering something tonight? Genuinely asking - I know he had some issues last week but haven’t seen him even tested defensively tonight (thankfully)

His lack of involvement looks like a player low on confidence. Hopefully he tests them around the middle a bit in the second half
    It’s not pitchforks out for JC but the last 3 weeks his defence at the back in cover has been a bit below par and in attack few times running when he had players steaming up outside. Again he hasn’t even played 10 first grade games I just wonder if they continue to press forward when it’s so early in the season and he might need a bit of work

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else tonight think it’s Fifita making big runs out wide and then it’s Fermour hahaha what a beast

Bit of urgency would be nice JC