Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

I rated Liu as our best on the park last night maybe except for Tino its just that we miss alot of something when they all come off the field together our starters.

AJ should of used the captains challenge.

Fifita is too weak in defence for him to be playing 80 minutes on an edge. Compare him to other high quality backrowers that shoot up off the line every set and put pressure on the opposing enemy every play.

Bench needs an overhaul starling and co dominated out middles once our starters finally got a rest, joliffe and lisone to big and slow especially in defence and will smith is not a hooker but there's not many better options with tana injured

Also I think we are really missing a ballplaying 13 like Radley and Yeo, would help our halves enormously

First Grader

Stolen from reddit but:
    Seventh time in 2021-22 the Titans have scored more than 20 points and lost.

Fifth time they have scored 20 or more first half points and lost.

9th time since 2020 Titans have been held to nil in the second half.

Absolutely embarrassing statistics, and we're quickly going to get the reputation as the chokers/ faders of the comp. Honestly if the Warriors weren't so average themselves it would've happened last week too. Not sure if it's a coaching problem or a culture problem or what but something needs to change ASAP. The attack is clearly well coached but **** me how is our defence still so awful. In my opinion Dymock can't be here next year.

All I know is the losers mentality is still well and truly stenching up the building at our club. We need an attitude adjustment in the worst way.

Our defense has NO mongrel at all … I feel we need McIntyre and Wallace to bring a bit.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

When we were attacking their line in the second half, every time the ball went to Proctor I'd cringe. He is so friggin slow and predictable. Like I get he's an ok defender but I just feel he adds nothing else to this team anymore. Bring back Sammy Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    AJ should of used the captains challenge.
    Good point.

Even if we did sneak a win, we'd still be having a lot of the same conversations about the team.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Cowboys currently showing how to win a game with enthusiastic, aggressive and hard working defence.

Seeing PBC immortal Tom Dearden get his revenge game against Brisbane and their 800k halfback saviour is rather satisfying too

I wish we could string 80 minutes of good football together like the Cowboys just did.

Could be worse. Imagine being a Brisbane fan.

Yep the Badel ‘Ponies brought down to earth with a thud.

QLD Cup

Hopefully with the short turn around we see a couple of changes. Our biggest problem is when momentum swings we have no experience on the field to slow it. If Liu drops to the interchange we really don’t lose much if Wallace starts. Then Liu can use his experience when we need it most.

Herbert had an absolute bludger of a game. He hasn’t had a great start to the season it’s like he is trying too hard. I think Marzhew has been better than Herbert so far this season so sort of think that we should be changing out Herbert first before Marzhew, although I won’t be aggrieved to see Thompson get a run.

I don’t mind Proctor so much. Every team needs a toiler.
    I think that the bigger issue is when he is getting used. The nbench rotation is just a bit off at the moment.

These games will be invaluable experience for Campbell. Isaako has struggled in the past to set a defensive line. I’m not sure we would gain much changing them out this early in season

What a funny old game the Raiders game was…I'd just finished saying towards the end of the first half that we were too strong, too fast and too fit for the raiders so maybe I’m to blame for the turn around.

We had Lisone, Jolliffe on from 32min and then Proctor 47min as our middles until Mo comes back on for Lisone and Smith on for Clark @ 52min and then Lui on for Jolliffe @ 62min and the score is now 18-22 at this point. What a rotation cluster F@ck and some serious questions should be asked here.

IMO the timings are dreadful especially considering we’d played the 2 games prior in very hot conditions and also that bench is just not good enough to provide any real uplift and certainly should never ever be on the field at the same time. (This team is meant to have a lot of depth so surely we can compile a stronger bench rotation)

I know Holbrook doesn’t normally make a lot of changes but he should be using this 5 day turn around as an excuse to make some changes like bringing in Ese, Mac and Corey and yes JC needs a rest.
    We are 1-2 so I hope Holbrook isn’t as stubborn as he was at the start of last year to make changes or this season will be done once again.

First Grader

We've got the 4th highest points scored in the comp (70), but the most points conceded (74). Sami is the highest tryscorer in the comp, BK is tied 2nd, and AJ is tied 2nd for LB assists. It's obvious we can score points, I hope the coaches just make them defend all week at training. And if we keep having issues they need to look at changing what they're doing, clearly Dymock's systems just aren't working.

The conundrum is multi-tiered: (1) game management; (2) forward rotation; (3) outside backs selection, so I offer:

1. We are probably the only team with such inexperienced backs, so I think the ship-steadier could be Thompson;
    2. Lisone and Proctor swapped for Wallace and McIntyre.
    3. Campbell’s confidence is shot and is offering nothing right now so Thompson to 1, Sami stays on the wing.

The previous 2 games we defended well the 2nd 40 so I’m not going to blame the system just yet. Herbert, Smith and Fifita starting get another week. Just my thoughts. The Cows weren’t pretty but they were awesome today.