9. Raiders
    10. Knights
    11. Brisbane
    12. Sharks
    13. Dogs
    14. Tigers
    15. Warriors
    16. Cowboys
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

GOLD COAST TITANS

14th (3 wins, 9 losses)

The Titans went into the season brimming with confidence following a drought-breaking finals appearance in 2021.

They went within a whisker of progressing to week two of the play-offs – losing by one point to the Roosters – which would have been a super successful season in coach Justin Holbrook’s second year in charge.

The Titans were so confident about the club’s rise that just weeks after their finals exit they made public declarations about wanting to win two NRL premierships by 2030.

But it has all come crashing down.

At the halfway point of the season, the Titans are sitting 14th with only three wins from 12 games.

The finals look like a pipe dream, with the Titans needing to win about nine of their remaining 12 games to have any chance of qualifying.

THE GOOD

Captain Tino Fa’asuamaleaui is carrying a big load and trying his heart out but he is headed for burnout this season. Jayden Campbell has showed some spark at fullback. Luckily for the Titans they have the most favourable draw in the NRL and could come home with a wet sail, but it won’t be easy.

THE BAD

Rookie halfback Toby Sexton is feeling the pressure of the NRL without an experienced playmaker in the Gold Coast’s spine to help him. Five-eighth AJ Brimson is playing injured and hasn’t found any consistency. The backline has been disjointed all season and makes too many errors.

THE UGLY

The Titans’ defence is in urgent need of an overhaul after conceding 300 points at an average of 25 a game. They have little experience or leadership in key positions to guide them to victory when in commanding positions. Holbrook has made some fatal recruitment errors with the balance of his squad and is paying the price despite his denials. “I’m blaming our whole side,” Holbrook said after squandering a 20-point lead against the Broncos. “I’m the coach and we’re meant to win games. I’m not here to defend myself and say it’s not my fault, but if we were getting beaten 40-nil and they tried that reckless stuff then I’d take a lot more blame.”

Predicted finish: 12th (8 wins, 16 losses)

The rest of the article can be found here that also talks on the Cowboys and Broncos.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...eb399303abc2b1
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I didn't post my predictions but I'll own that I expected 7-8. A finals berth.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

For the record here is the 2022 draw

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It’s not over until the Bull sisters sing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.