Liu a big believer in Titans' premiership potential
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...hip-potential/

Isaac Liu is no stranger to success.

Winning two premierships with the Sydney Roosters during his time south of the Tweed, the experienced forward has now returned home to the Gold Coast, hoping to bring a taste of the tri-colours' winning culture to the Titans, who are in the midst of building on last year's finals success.

He also believes the club has what it takes to go all the way and become a premiership powerhouse in the next 10 years, much like the Roosters outfit he was part of during the last decade.

"Yeah, definitely. I’ve already seen it in a few sessions we’ve already completed and I’m excited," Liu said.

Originally born in New Zealand, the 202-game enforcer has called Australia home ever since being a teenager, attending school at Keebra Park before being recruited to the National Youth Competition in 2011, ahead of his first grade debut in 2013.

Ready to continue his streak of success with the Titans after nine seasons at Bondi, Liu has relished the slight change of scenery with the fresh faces and systems refreshing the 30-year-old.

"It’s a bit different. Obviously, there are new faces and a new system, but it’s been really good," Liu said.

"I’m really enjoying it. It’s not too different from the Roosters [pre-season], but I’m definitely enjoying it.

"It’s good to get some work in with these boys and hopefully I kick off the season."

Despite the new faces and system the New Zealand and Samoan International has to learn and adjust to, one person is no stranger to Liu... his new boss, who was an assistant to Trent Robinson during his time at the Chooks.

But the middle forward said Justin Holbrook's way of coaching is very different to how his old headmaster took charge.

"There are not too many similarities [to the Roosters]. Justin has a whole different play book and how he wants to play compared to Trent," Liu said.

"I’m all for it and the new system and I look forward to it."

With the ability to play in the front row or at lock, Liu is unfazed on where he is utilised, happy to play in the position best suited for the team. He is also hoping to impart as much knowledge and experience as he can on the relatively young Titans roster.

"I’ll put my hand up for whatever role Justin plays me," Liu said.

"I also really want to make sure I share some of my experience with the young boys and some of the guys that are already there, given what I’ve played in.

"I just want to lead the way in any way I can, performance wise and share any experience I can."

Speaking to Gold Coast media for the first time since joining the Titans, the experienced forward also spoke about his excitement for young halves AJ Brimson and Toby Sexton, and knows how to get the best out of them, given his work with young Roosters playmaker Sam Walker in recent years.

"[The situation] is sort of the same as Sam Walker. Having AJ and Toby there, they’re good, young boys and love to play. They have a lot of skill there," Liu said.

"Obviously with the young guys, you’ve just got to calm them down a bit there and sort of keep it clear on what we’re doing and keep it simple, but also, let them play."