Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

NRL confirms sellout for blockbuster Semi Finals
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/16/...r-semi-finals/

The National Rugby League (NRL) has confirmed that both blockbuster Sydney semi finals this weekend have sold out.

Tickets were exhausted this morning for Saturday’s match between Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and South Sydney Rabbitohs at Allianz Stadium. Friday’s clash between Parramatta Eels and Canberra Raiders at CommBank Stadium sold out last night.

“We will have another exciting finals weekend to look forward to and I would like to thank rugby league fans for their loyal support. It is a great result for the clubs and players to be playing in front of full houses at state-of-the-art stadiums that will produce an electric atmosphere. We also have the NRLW triple header at the Central Coast on Sunday to look forward to. We are fortunate to have passionate and loyal fans,” NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

Supporters are reminded to leave additional travel time for both venues and arrive early.

All public transport will be free (via integrated ticketing) for the match at Allianz Stadium.

Precinct activations will commence from 5.30pm in the Allianz Stadium precinct, while gates will open at 6pm. Fans are encouraged to plan ahead, arrive early and enjoy local venues, pubs, restaurants and local parklands to avoid cross over with the large volume of spectators in the precinct.

Gates will open at CommBank Stadium at 6.15pm. Fans are encouraged to use public transport or book parking in the Parramatta CBD.

North Queensland Cowboys will host a Preliminary Final at Queensland Country Bank Stadium on Friday, September 23 against the winner of the Eels-Raiders match, while minor premiers Penrith Panthers will play their Grand Final qualifier at Accor Stadium on Saturday, September 24 against the winner of the Sharks-Rabbitohs clash.

Tickets for Preliminary Finals will be on sale from next Monday (September 19) from nrl.com/tickets.

All matches in Weeks Two and Three of the NRL Telstra Premiership 2022 Finals Series will be broadcast live on the Nine Network, Fox League, Kayo Sports, 9NOW and Sky NZ.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A finals series of sell-outs (without the 'Ponies JB) ... one can only wish that it includes CBus.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Raiders totally outclassed by Parra. Backing Souths over the Sharks tonight too.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Cowboys were the better team but Parra have come through into the grand final. Definitely off a pretty major forward pass.

Tonight Panthers v Souths.

Souths have lost Alex Johnson and are underdogs.

Will it be a Western Sydney Grand Final?

Sad to see the Cows bow out but what a season they had. Hope it's a Western Sydney GF, anyone but Souths.

So much for my hoped match up of Cowboys v Souths. But Parramatta vs Panthers is a more worthy Final.

Panthers going three years in a row into the Grand Final is insane. Insane in the modern/NRL era. And they don't look like slowing down either.

I guess I'd prefer Parra to win.

I thought the Cows looked underwhelming on the left edge in attack and although they had their moments they were unlikely to threaten Penriff if they progressed. They will be better next year. Souths were even more underwhelming and were exposed as having a pop-gun front row and Mitchell being the flat-track bully we all know he is.

The battle of the West seems the most worthy as you say DH and I can see how Parra could win. In fact I think they should win with their power play but the Panthers have built a large amount of steely resilience into their game, so I'm tipping them to continue their dynasty. Pity it's not us :-(

The game has changed so much but I grew up watching the St. George dynasty and comparing the current Panthers with that great team's make-up makes for an interesting exercise.
    Last edited by Titanic; 27-09-22 at 07:04 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Parra have one of the games biggest latent fanbases. They always score highly in those surveys. A Premiership, even the Grand Final, along with the fantastic new stadium will really help them grow their fanbase.

I look at the Sydney derbies and I'm jealous. But the Dolphins should spice things up and hopefully the Titans can get on top of our Queensland rivals.