Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

What team are our young JTS players lining up for this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    What is this all about? A trio of the spine in doubt. Obviously AJ has been in doubt but who else?

The Roosters have a contingency plan in place if Victor Radley and Billy Smith are ruled out with concussion, while a trio of Titans spine players are in doubt.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...d6c15130df378b
    I tend to avoid most of Fox Sports content because they get their info by just reading what other journos have said and regurgetating it to get clickies

All 3 trained today as Titslover said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    What team are our young JTS players lining up for this weekend?
    HDC (U21's) hasn't started yet so most are still a few weeks away from their season starting. All the young boys named for Qcup this weekend are either NRL Development or Top 30. I've listed them all and where they're playing this weekend in a recent post in the Squad, Signings & Rumours thread. A few Qcup debutants in Tony Francis (Burleigh) and Jojo Fifita (Tweed).

MM Cup is well underway featuring a lot of the JTS boys but they're all U18 and still at school. Expect a fair few to be doing the next NRL pre-season though.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 17-03-22 at 05:22 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    All 3 trained today so I’m not concerned at all.

Sauce: https://twitter.com/dloudon9/status/...214971393?s=21
    Mindgames then, good stuff

That’s good about JC. I was legit concerned.

Thompson reported by Jim Lenihan to be back in about two weeks.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

'I am playing': Brimson news all Titans fans want to hear
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-want-to-hear/

The best four words from AJ Brimson today is... 'yes, I am playing'.

Coming straight from the horse's mouth, the Gold Coast five-eighth is a confirmed starter for the Round 2 clash against the Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium and can't wait to run out in his return game.

"I’m looking forward to it. I had a really good session with the boys today," Brimson said.

"It’s a good opportunity to come home for my return game and I’m really excited."

Battling a niggling injury sustained in the pre-season, the No. 6 battled the odds to try and play last week, doing everything he could right up until game day; but club medical staff erred on the side of caution by withdrawing the newly-converted playmaker from the season opener in readiness for week two at home.

"I was a bit 50-50 throughout the week with some lower ab pain connected to the groin," Brimson said.

"I got a bit of training done last week, but I just wasn’t right and didn’t want to go out there and let anyone down. I made the call and Will (Smith) did a great job jumping in there.

"It's frustrating because I had the best pre-season of my career to be honest, and then just a couple of weeks before Round , I had a little bit of a niggle.

"To miss Round 1 was pretty sad, but I didn’t want to go out there after having a really good pre-season and not be where I want to be."

Although disappointed at not being on the field at Parramatta, the 23-year-old feels there is some good with missing the opening match through injury.

"I think it’s important to find the positives with these things," Brimson said.

"Like I am missing footy, but the positive is my legs aren’t as sore as the boys who played last week.

"I should be fresher and there is definitely some wins with those injuries.

Set to run out with a different number jersey on his back - playing the position he debuted in - the new playmaker has adjusted to the change with ease.

"I’m pretty excited. It doesn’t really cross my mind to be honest (that I've changed positions)," Brimson said.

"I’m pretty comfortable as a five-eighth now and it’s something I haven’t even thought of to be honest.

"I guess it’s pretty new to everyone else who hasn’t seen me training for the last five months in the halves, but I’ve been there all pre-season and that’s my focus.

"I’m a half now."

Set to face off against the Titans' former No. 6, Ash Taylor, who will line-up in the halves for the Warriors, Brimson wants him to flourish at his new club, but hopes his best footy will begin in Round 3.

"I’m really happy for Ash. He’s a good mate of mine and I’m happy for him to be out there playing," Brimson said.

"I hope he plays well individually, but not as a team. I’m happy for him to get his crack there and we need to be on our game because we know how dangerous he can be.

"I think we’ll see his best footy, but I hope he leaves that till next week."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

League Unlimited: Titans v Warriors preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/369...riors-preview/

'Last year... that's on me': Devastating Dave back to his best for Warriors bout
    https://www.titans.com.au/

A very candid David Fifita has opened up about being pushed to the bench at the end of last season, feeling he could've performed better, as the powerhouse forward works towards getting back to his devastating best this season.

It's an incredible revelation from the 22-year-old; given he was the club's leading try-scorer with 17 four-pointers - smashing the previous club record - as well as the NRL's leading tackle buster and in the top seven players with offloads and line-breaks for 2021.

Those accolades alone are an incredible achievement... but his admission proves he always strives to continually be better, an admirable trait to have, and his commitment to finessing his footy has been noticed by general pundits around the NRL competition.

Titans fans saw just a small glimpse of the havoc the Origin star can wreak in the All Stars clash last month, before doing much the same in a formidable 80-minute performance on the edge in the season opener against Parramatta on Sunday.

And as he prepares to return to Cbus Super Stadium for the first time... a venue he loves to score points at with two hat-tricks and a double, the barnstorming back-rower wants to keep being that full-game player this entire season.

"I want to be a full 80-minute player. Last year, I started that but in the back end, [what happened]… that’s on me," Fifita revealed.

"My discipline for myself fell away off the field, but I’m in the right direction at the moment and will take it week-by-week.

"The coaching staff have trained me hard throughout the whole pre-season and all the boys here have come in good knick, so for myself, it’s just about getting the match fitness back.

"It was good to be out there against Parra. We didn’t get the result we were after, but this Saturday against the Warriors, it’ll be a different game with tough opposition… we’re looking forward to it."

The enforcer ran for 122 metres and broke four tackles - including the incredible 60-metre line-break that resulted in a try in the following play. He also was quite handy in defence, making 24 tackles in his first start of 2022.

The Titans marquee puts his off-season shredding down to Gold Coast high performance staff, who have helped him ensure he continues to be a lean, mean, powerhouse machine.

"The high performance staff… Klint (Hoare) and Hoops (Steve Hooper). They do a good job with getting our fitness right," Fifita said.

"We’ve also got a new dietician (Ben Desbrow) on board who is really smart with what he talks about and what he says in front of the group.

"It’s evident with all the boys… we’re all in good knick and I’m looking forward to the season ahead."

The 67-gamer was a big fan of the direction the Titans are heading, with new halfback Toby Sexton impressing on the weekend, and is also relishing the return of his partner-in-crime, AJ Brimson.

"Toby Sexton is a good young player who is really good at organising the boys around the park. For myself, he just keeps it simple and if I want the ball, he gives it to me," Fifita said.

"Obviously I didn’t get much ball on the weekend, but for myself, I need to keep building the combination with him. He’s only a year younger than me and we’re still learning and still getting to know each other with our edge.

"His halves partner AJ is a great player and brings a lot to this team. But in saying that, Will Smith stepped up and did a really good job and played outstanding on the weekend.

"If we do have Brimmo back on the weekend, it will be a bonus... but Will is just as good there."

With plenty of fireworks the last time the Titans faced off against the Warriors, especially with Matt Lodge - who is expected to return to Cbus this weekend - Fifita is looking forward to the battle, hoping to get the side's first two points of the year in front of a big home crowd.

"I think [Matt Lodge] back this week. He’s a good mate of mine and I’m looking forward to the challenge. They have a good fan base here on the Goldy, so there will be a good split (in the crowd).

"We had a good win over them last year, but that was last year.

"This year is a new focus for us and I can't wait to get back to Cbus Super Stadium in front of all of our Titans fans."

Be there at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday, March 19 for the Gold Coast Titans' first home game of the year. A double header with the NRL and NRLW Titans in action. $20 from every ticket goes directly to the club's flood recovery initiative.

I'm quite excited to see Will Smith in the utility role as he competes on every play. I think if he comes in off the bench into hooker, gives good service and has some darting runs it will really open up our attack in the back half of games. Good cover for the spine either way.

Ready for the roar: Tino excited for first Cbus clash as captain
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...sh-as-captain/

This Saturday will be the first time Titans captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui leads his side out onto Cbus Super Stadium and the new skipper can't wait to hear the roar from his home fans.

"It means a lot. I can’t wait to run out as the captain and lead the boys out onto this ground in front of our home fans," Fa'asuamaleaui said.

"I’m excited everyone will get down here to support us and support the [flood relief] cause. It’s really exciting."

In the 22-year-old's first game as skipper last Sunday - which also happened to be only his 50th NRL appearance - the Gold Coast enforcer was proud of the defensive resolve shown in the second half, and even though they didn't finish with the two competition points, hopes his side can be inspired by continually denying the Eels of scoring tries in the final 40 minutes.

"We’ll take a lot from that. Last year, there were a few games like that game that we needed to hold teams out like that, but we didn’t. They’d score straight away," Fa'asuamaleaui said.

"That’s something we’ll take away from that game and hope to play like that every game this year.

"It was a great positive and a good sign for Round 1 and for the rest of the year."

The one improvement that has been a focus this week is starting better, with the Titans having to chase points early in the first game of the year, but hopefully with the cobwebs now blown out of side after missing the final trial, the team will be firing from the opening whistle.

"Obviously just starting better [has been a focus]. We let a few tries in at the start and that’s something we need to do better to stop the tries," Fa'asuamaleaui said.

"We know we can attack, so we need to make sure we stop those tries so we can put more points on and get the win.

"I just think communication could’ve stopped a few of those tries, but that’s obviously a learning curve that we’ve taken on board and we need to make sure that doesn’t happen again."

The Gold Coast are looking forward to running out full strength this weekend ready to avenge last week's loss. The side also has no injury concerns, with AJ Brimson confirmed to return and Jayden Campbell and Erin Clark also both right to go after receiving a few bumps and bruises in the season opener.

"Everyone is ready to go," Fa'asuamaleaui said.

"We weren’t happy with the loss on the weekend, so we want to play well this weekend to get our first win of the year, especially at home.

"We can't wait to get out there."

A live band, a helicopter, access the field, oh and two games of footy
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ames-of-footy/

Cbus Super Stadium is ready to rock!

Footy is back on the Gold Coast and it is coming in with a bang when the Titans host a HUGE double header that sees the NRLW side take on rivals the Brisbane Broncos, before the men tackle the New Zealand Warriors.

If you were at Cbus Super Stadium the last time the Titans played, you'd remember the ground shaking as the Titans piled on record points on their way to a 10-try victory and a spot in the NRL finals as they defeated the Warriors.

It wasn't just on the field that had the stadium shaking either.

Iconic scenes of Titans 'super fan' Daniel 'DJ' Gosling wildly waving his jersey in support of his Titans took the nation by storm.

Gosling has set the tone for the energy in the crowd this year and time will tell whether he will be joined by more of the Titans faithful.

Titans ready to rock!

Gosling won't be a one man band though, as the Titans unveil their new in-house band.

The winners of our 40-band competition with 1029 Hot Tomato, these guys will bring the energy.

Situated in the south east corner, Perry Street Park will be in charge of keeping the vibe high all afternoon long.

Post-game field access returns

Covid has stopped many things, but come Saturday afternoon it won't keep Titans fans off the hallowed turf of Cbus Super Stadium any longer.

After a two-year hiatus, the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Post Game Access returns and fans can walk the field of their heroes.

After the completion of the Titans NRL match fans will be invited to come on field.

You can even bring a footy along and have a kick!

Lifesaving Chopper to visit Cbus

The effort from all in the community, charity groups, SES and more to assist those in needs with the recent flooding can not be understated.

As a small show of appreciation, the Titans will welcome the LifeFlight Helicopter into Cbus Super Stadium at half time of the NRL match.

It will give a chance for all in attendance to acknowledge the great work done by so many.

Plus, in conjunction with Village Roadshow Theme Parks, $20 from every ticket sold goes towards flood relief programs.

Titans v Warriors: Brimson to partner Sexton; Walsh, Lodge good to go
    https://www.nrl.com

Three weeks after their pre-season trial game was abandoned due to the storms in Queensland, the Titans and Warriors do it for real in a clash that seems certain to produce plenty of tries.

The Titans were electric in the opening 45 minutes against Parramatta and came within an ace of a huge upset, while the Warriors rode the back of some astute Shaun Johnson kicking to push the Dragons all the way at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

The loss of Johnson to a pectoral injury is offset by the return of whiz kid Reece Walsh and hardman Matt Lodge from suspension while the Titans also get a boost with AJ Brimson (groin) back on deck after being a late withdrawal in round one.

The Rundown

Titans: AJ Brimson (groin) is good to go after missing the season opener, slotting in at five-eighth with Will Smith sliding to the bench. Tanah Boyd is the man to drop out of the 17.

No changes to the squad in the 24-hour update on Friday.

Warriors: Some big ins for the Warriors as they welcome star fullback Reece Walsh and prop Matt Lodge back from suspension. Walsh's return sees Chanel Harris-Tavita move to five-eighth and Kodi Nikorima drops to the reserves list.

Injuries to centre Viliami Vailea (knee), winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (thumb) and halfback Shaun Johnson (pectoral) have forced more backline changes with Jesse Arthars coming in at centre, Adam Pompey on the wing and Ash Taylor at halfback.

Bunty Afoa shifts to the bench to accommodate Lodge's return in the front row. Ben Murdoch-Masila has gone to the reserves list.

Nikorima remained in the 19-man squad when cuts were made on Friday so he could still be a late addition to the side.

Key match-up
    Moeaki Fotuaika v Matt Lodge: After launching his season in style with 124 metres from 13 runs, including 44 post-contact metres, Fotuaika is ready to welcome the powerful Warriors pack to his home turf. The 22-year-old has come of age in the past two years, playing four Origins for Queensland and carrying the Titans into the finals in 2021. Lodge averaged 126 metres in his six games for the Warriors after his mid-season move from Brisbane last year and will look to establish himself as a forward leader for Nathan Brown in 2022.

Stat attack
    With David Fifita (17 tries) and Brian Kelly (11) leading the way the Titans ran in 104 tries during the regular season last year. The Warriors could muster only 80 tries, with none of their players posting double figures in that category.

League Unlimited online program for round 2
    https://leagueunlimited.com/assets/U...f?d=1647406737

First Grader

Game day boys game day! Ripper of a day for some footy, feel like we should see some really exciting footy from the team today. Fifita minimum 2 tries

Another year, Another clash between my favorite teams.
    As a wozzas fan I'm predicting your mob will thump ours.
    I think you will enjoy a fair officiating display for a change, perhaps even favorable against Another ugly step sister club on your home turf.
    One day I'm gonna travel to Australia and catch one of these games on the GC. But today I will be in my shakey Isles man cave watching as per usual.
    Good luck today.