Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

AJ played far too good at 5/8 to move him anywhere else at this stage. If anything, he stays at 6 and figure out whether it’s JC or Will Smith at the back as the year goes on

Amidst the pain of watching that 80 minutes, one thing I did really notice yesterday is the improvement in defensive detail and effort areas. A guy like Isaac Liu does so much important work defensively that goes unnoticed and doesn't show up on the stat sheet because it's an effort/detail thing but when compounded over the course of a game, it adds so much to the team. Tino has always been good at that too. Fifita was particularly poor in these areas last year but judging by the last two games has improved a lot (if only we could give him some good ball..).

This is the kind of thing that Melbourne and the Roosters are built on. When you get this right, and you get it from all of your players, everything else improves off the back of it. I'm not saying we are there yet, or even close - but there are signs there we're improving.

Also, I really don't buy the "Warriors were a better team" thing either. We were bad, but when we needed to our key guys came up with big skill plays to score points. AJ to Fermor, Fifta to Marzhew, JC to Marzhew, AJ to Sami. And we should've scored another 2-3 in the first half with how we were attacking if not for some impatience and poor execution.

On the contrary, the Warriors scored - 1 dummy half barge over, 1 bunker try that wasn't even grounded when Sami couldn't clean up, and then one try from actual attacking shape where they made Marzhew make a decision and he made the wrong one.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 20-03-22 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Just watched the presser, apparently Fifita was cramping badly so couldn’t go back on.
    Even on the sideline he was trying to stretch them out.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Banned

What about Corey Thompson to fullback
    I really miss the impact of Mitch Rein on dummy half
    We should of paid him more than Will Smith

Mitch Rein can play in the halves as well

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    What about Corey Thompson to fullback
    I really miss the impact of Mitch Rein on dummy half
    We should of paid him more than Will Smith

Mitch Rein can play in the halves as well