Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    That tweet has been deleted mate. What did it say?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That tweet has been deleted mate. What did it say?
    Originally Dom said Corey was good to go but then deleted 10 minutes later and now saying he’s most likely out. Must have got confused or names mixed up

AJ hopefully good to go by the sounds of it

The Titans have been dealt a blow in the lead-up to Sunday’s round 1 clash against Parramatta with winger Corey Thompson out and five-eighth AJ Brimson in grave danger.

Thompson suffered a hand injury at training and is expected to be a late withdrawal, opening the door for metre-eating Greg Marzhew to come into the starting side.

Brimson has been carrying a groin injury and despite training on Friday morning, the Queensland Origin star is still in doubt for the clash at CommBank Stadium.

If Brimson is ruled out, former Eel Will Smith will come into the starting side and Tanah Boyd will move onto the bench.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...26dce87bf573d4

First Grader

Couldn’t see Brimmo anywhere in the Titans instagram stories of captains run, don’t think he’s playing sadly

Couldn’t see Brimmo anywhere in the Titans instagram stories of captains run, don’t think he’s playing sadly
    Wouldn't jump the gun just yet mate, they'll sometimes give players until game time before making a decision

Not saying he's in or out - but I'm not even sure they're sure yet. Phil Sami said on the news yesterday AJ is in, I'm also hearing he was looking likely toward the end of the week. Travis Meyn is just running the same line from the start of the week. No confirmation from the club and missing captains run isn't a great sign, though.

Hope he's in. Could be out. But I think we'll just have to see what gets announced an hour before kickoff tomorrow.

-edited bc grammar
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 12-03-22 at 01:05 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Wouldn't jump the gun just yet mate, they'll sometimes give players until game time before making a decision

Not saying he's in or out - but I'm not even sure they're sure yet. Phil Sami said on the news yesterday AJ is in, I'm also hearing he was looking likely toward the end of the week. Travis Meyn is just running the same line from the start of the week. No confirmation from the club and missing captains run isn't a great sign, though.

Hope he's in. Could be out. But I think we'll just have to see what gets announced an hour before kickoff tomorrow.

-edited bc grammar
    Yeah fair call mate, guess I’m just being a bit pessimistic. As much as I want him to play, it’s not worth risking him in round 1 if he isn’t good to go.

He was in the captains run photos they just posted on Facebook. Corey wasn’t in it so he’s definitely out but fingers crossed AJ is alright.

As HS said I reckon it will be a last minute decision in the late mail

Video preview Eels v Titans
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/10/eels-v-titans/
    Zac Bailey previews the Round 1 NRL Telstra Premiership game between the Parramatta Eels and Gold Coast Titans
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

High-flying fan favourite given opportunity with late change
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...h-late-change/

The Gold Coast Titans have made one change to the line-up to face the Parramatta Eels in Round 1 on Sunday afternoon.

Fan favourite Greg Marzhew will come into the side, replacing Corey Thompson, who has been ruled out through injury.

The experienced winger hurt his hand this week and was ruled out at Saturday’s Captain's run, opening the door for metre-eating Marzhew to take Thompson’s place, wearing jersey No. 24.

The final 17 to face Parramatta will be confirmed at 2.05pm AEST on Sunday ahead of kick-off at 3.05pm.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

First Grader

An ACL and then achillies injury just then in the Storm game at Bankwest, both injuries happening without any contact on Jennings or Welch. The ground looks really dodgy and we have to play there tomorrow, I really hope the NRL thinks about moving it cause I can definitely see more injuries happening with the turf like that. Don’t risk AJ on that ground if he isn’t 100%
    Last edited by Titslover; 12-03-22 at 09:49 PM.

David Fifita heading on same path as Sonny Bill Williams, says Gorden Tallis
    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

Travis Meyn

Titans powerhouse David Fifita has trimmed down and is ready to impose himself on the NRL in a similar vein to Sonny Bill Williams, according to a Maroons great.

Maroons legend Gorden Tallis believes David Fifita is on the same career trajectory as international superstar Sonny Bill Williams as the Titans get set to unveil their new-look strike weapon against the Eels.

The NRL will see a fitter, faster and stronger Fifita when the Gold Coast kick off their quest for back-to-back finals appearances against Parramatta at CommBank Stadium on Sunday.

It will be an intriguing season launch for the Titans, given most of their top-line players did not feature in a trial after their final hitout against the Warriors was abandoned due to Queensland’s flood crisis.

But one player ready to start the year on fire is Fifita, who looks worth every bit of his $3.5 million price tag.

After finishing last year out-of-shape and with a painful rib injury, Fifita has stripped down and is ready to build on his incredible 17-try debut season with the Titans.

And he is heading on the same path to superstardom as former Bulldogs, Roosters and All Blacks ace Williams, according to Broncos back-row great Tallis.

“There’s not too many backrowers who were ahead of him at 22,” said Tallis, a Titans ambassador.

“You’re talking about Sonny Bill Williams and those guys that have had a big impact on the game. Sonny Bill came into a side (Bulldogs) full of superstars playing in a grand final.

“At 22, he is definitely ahead of where I was as a player.

“There’s parts of the game Dave has to work on, like staying in the game and working hard on both sides of the football. That comes with experience.

“But he is an explosive player.”

Fifita made a highly-publicised move from the Brisbane Broncos to Titans last year after being lured by a club record $1.2 million salary for the 2021 season.

He came out of the blocks firing, scoring nine tries in the first seven rounds with brute force to become the most destructive forward in the game.

But Fifita’s form became patchy as the year went on, and he finished the season coming off the bench with a painful rib injury as the Titans made their first finals appearance since 2016.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook admitted Fifita’s fitness was not where it needed to be last year, but he had overhauled his body during his first injury-free pre-season.

“He does (look different), and it’s full credit to himself,” he said.

“He was really disappointed with how he finished the year. One, through injury and, two, he wasn’t happy with where his fitness was at.

“He’s got his weight down and is fitter, faster and stronger. He’s worked as hard as anyone else and I’m really looking forward to seeing him this year.

“The last two years he’s been in rehab for the pre-season. He’s had a great one this year and we’re looking forward to him and our team benefiting.”

Fifita showed glimpses of what he is capable off in a brief stint for the Indigenous All Stars, breaking three tackles in a run before being felled by a Jordan Rapana shoulder charge.

With his weight under control and a focus on increasing his involvements, Holbrook said the sky was the limit for the Gold Coast’s try-scoring weapon heading into his fifth NRL season.

“Last year he was a 21-year-old and the leading forward tryscorer, leading tackle busts – there were so many good things – but we want to focus on what he’s got to improve on,” he said.

“He’s just turned 22, so the upside in his game is in front of him, which is great for us.”

With a year under his belt at the Gold Coast, Tallis said Fifita would be more comfortable with his surroundings and now had to work on his combinations with new halves Toby Sexton and AJ Brimson, who could miss the Eels game with a groin injury.

“It took me a while to get combinations when I moved to a new team,” Tallis said.

“It took 18 months for me to get familiar with Kevvie (Kevin Walters at the Broncos). It’s a trust thing, that doesn’t tend to happen overnight.

“For the first part of the season last year, he was unbelievable and they probably don’t play finals footy without him. He scored a couple of hat-tricks. He was absolutely brilliant.

“Now he’s got new halves again. He should be settled at the club now and working on getting a combination with the new six and seven.”

In a blow for the Titans, winger Corey Thompson (hand) is expected to miss the Eels game and will be replaced by Greg Marzhew.

Game day finally. Been a long wait but glad it is here.
    Psmitty

Any news if AJ is in or out?

Wow it is quiet in here.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Just confirmed AJ’s out.