Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Sami has nudes of someone in the coaching staff. Otherwise I'm not sure how marzhew doesn't get a run. Wallace being dropped is a surprise. F troop is exciting.

Strong squad. That back-row is just filthy.

I don't understand all of the vitriol directed towards Sami, is it perhaps a hangover from a decade of consistent scapegoats & underperforming regular messes in the Team List Tuesdays that we are conditioned to find a weak link to hone in on?.

I'm not necessarily a massive Sami fan, he's had some particularly poor moments but overall he's a fine starting wing for us at the least, doesn't have the same 99th percentile ball-carrying ability that Marzhew has, but I think he does a very reasonable job in most areas for this team. Im not convinced he is deserving to receive such treatment from the fans as a post-2013 Will Zillman lol. But judging by the reaction to his selection i'd guess I may be watching a different ball game to the rest of you all

Disappointed, not surprised but not really alarmed with Sami being selected. Hopefully one day Greg get's his go.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    We also didn't get to play 1 trail with our first team squad, im expecting not only coheseive issues but fitness issues aswell.
    I'm worried about this too. Not ideal coming up against a red hot Parra at their home ground.

It's great to see out depth improve and it's great to see actually movement in the squad. For so many years (ago) this just didn't happen and team selection was like clockwork every Tuesday. Hopefully this year we will find it a bit more stimulating.

I am hoping Mo has a big year. Excited to see Liu. I think he is an excellent signing. And as a huge Thompson fan, happy to see him back.

AJ's move to #6 is something I've been waiting for. He needs to develop his kicking game, but I love how JC isn't shy to come in with some short kicks.

The footy is back. The Titans are back. I'm so excited. I don't really follow other sport, so I'm literally starving for this.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

On NRL Tonight not one mention of the Titans selection or potential. Spud, Mannah and the normally non-partisan Russell were shamelessly talking-up Parra. I hope we beat them by a field goal.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

AJ in some genuine doubt for sunday's game

Oh no

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    AJ in some genuine doubt for sunday's game

Oh no
    Oh man, who would take his place?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    A Will Smith/Tanah Boyd re-shuffle perhaps?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If AJ is out I'd say will smith to 6 Tanah on the bench, smith would be fired up facing the eels and and keeps us with an nrl experienced partner for Toby.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Smith in at 6 and Tanah on the bench

Rep Player

keeping AJ healthy seems to get harder each year

Furiously searching for Will Smith highlights to talk myself into him at the 11th hour rn.

We need to to take the conservative road with AJ. It will suck but it's better than busting him now.
    Really excited for the season to start but nervous about the Eels first up.
    We need 3 more teams in the SuperCoach league also so sign up if you haven't already.
    Last edited by ozynorts; 10-03-22 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    We need to to take the conservative road with AJ. It will sick but it's better than busting him now.
    Really excited for the season to start but nervous about the Eels first up.
    We need 3 more teams in the SuperCoach league also so sign up if you haven't already.
    Yep I'll sign up, what's the comp code

FRONTROW: THE PREVIEW
    with Adam Huxtable
    Titans look to build off a promising last season, Eels look to build off a promising last 5
    seasons
    Yes, I know the Eels got the wooden spoon in 2018 and that headline isn’t technically
    correct. That doesn’t change the fact that in the other four seasons since 2017, they’ve made
    the top four twice and hosted two Week 1 elimination finals. Every single one of these finals
    appearances has ended in the same way: a second-round exit. It’s a hugely alarming trend
    that Parramatta and Brad Arthur simply have to buck this year.

They start out their campaign against Justin Holbrook and the Titans who, despite making
    their first finals appearance since 2016 last season, will want to improve on their respective
    totals of 10 wins and 14 losses. They were also unable to defeat any team that finished 6th
    or higher on the table.

That being said, Rugby League’s newest club (for 1 more season at least) have made
    enormous strides in recent years, emerging from the depths of a wooden spoon in 2019 to
    being a Patrick Herbert pass away from the second week of the finals.
    This week’s matchup between the two sides is set to be an intriguing one; the Eels have only
    two members of last year’s starting backline returning, while for the Titans, no 2021 spine
    player is returning to play in the same position in 2022.
    To go into specifics, Sean Russell will be making his 3rd career NRL start while Bailey
    Simonsson is in line to make his Eels debut, both on either wing. Interestingly, neither were
    the clubs first choice wingers heading into this season, but long-term injuries to Sivo and
    Dunster have them both looking to lock down the positions as their own.
    Brad Arthur has thrown an early selection curveball, naming his son Jakob on the bench
    ahead of more experienced campaigners such as Bryce Cartwright and Mitch Rein, the latter
    of whom has been denied a first up revenge game against his former club.
    Despite breaking their finals drought last year, the Titans have shaken their spine up. 2021
    halves Ash Taylor and Jamal Fogarty have moved on. They are replaced by AJ Brimson and
    Toby Sexton, the former shifting from fullback to accommodate young star Jayden Campbell.
    Erin Clark is in at hooker to cover the loss of the aforementioned Rein. Isaac Liu will start
    in the front row on his Titans debut, while Will Smith will have a revenge game but off the
    bench.

Historically, the Titans have actually given the Eels a bit of trouble, the 1986 premiers being
    one of only three clubs the Gold Coast have an all-time winning record against. The Eels will
    tie it up at 11 apiece should they get the job done on Sunday however.
    WHO TO WATCH: With Nathan Brown and Marata Niukore set to make their return in Round
    2, you have to think that this is Shaun Lane’s time to show that he is deserving of a place in
    the Eels strongest 17. Lane enjoyed a breakout season in his first year with the Eels in 2019,
    however since then has been a beacon of inconsistency, with his strong runs often being
    overshadowed by his unforced errors or ill-advised offloads. There’s no doubt that Lane has
    the ability to be an elite second rower in this league, however potential will only get you so
    far, especially when you’re going into your fifth full season of first grade and have talented
    youngsters breathing down your neck.

The Titans have placed a sizeable figurative bet on Toby Sexton being their long-term
    solution at halfback. He’s the reason they allowed their skipper Jamal Fogarty to walk
    during the offseason, a move which, in my eyes, shows refreshing commitment to constantly
    improving; there are too many clubs who would remain satisfied with an 8th placed finish
    after spending years in the wilderness. As a prospect, Sexton is raw, having only four games
    worth of first grade experience at 21 years of age. He has looked promising during his
    limited opportunities however, and Titans’ decision makers will be hoping he continues to
    develop throughout the 2022 season. A strong showing against a top contender in Round 1
    would do plenty to induce confidence within the organisation.
    FAVOURITE: The Eels are 6.5-point favourites over the Titans in this one.

MY TIP: I like the Titans chances of returning to the finals this season, but there are simply
    too many unknowns to say with any confidence they’ll beat an Eels side which traditionally
    comes bursting out of the gates to start the year. Eels by 14.
    https://leagueunlimited.com/assets/U...f?d=1646814619

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"