Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

It’s not his weight or his courage but his tackling.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    100%

Sexton looked so comfortable and in control. His game management was excellent.
    Sami was incredible
    I hoped both Fifita and Fermor might have broken the game open more.
    Campbell did not look as impactful but he’s only a young rookie.
    It is expected that players have quiet games. Even at the panthers you have players in and out of form. Our team is pretty stacked attacking wise it doesn’t matter.
    We need to learn how to defend better. Hopefully it was more the eels being good then us defending poorly. This is what we struggled with last year. Score amazing tries but letting in 4-5 tries a game is not on.

First Grader

Considering who we played and how we played and that it was their first game of the season for most of the team, I would think we would have won against any other team bar the Panthers and maybe the Storm at a pinch.

All is good from my perspective and we need to get the job done at home against the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I agree but that isn't what people say when they talk about him. He needs to watch those knees though..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Considering who we played and how we played and that it was their first game of the season for most of the team, I would think we would have won against any other team bar the Panthers and maybe the Storm at a pinch.

All is good from my perspective and we need to get the job done at home against the Warriors
    Yep agree, overall we played really well considering our "first team" didn't get any trial time.

‘Four weeks, I’ve already looked’: Gutho planning revenge after getting mocked by Titan
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/

Eels skipper Clint Gutherson has already checked when he’ll next face the Titans after his try celebration was mocked by rival winger Phillip Sami.

The answer? Four weeks.

Parramatta were ahead 26-22 before Sami scored his second try of the game to put the Gold Coast in front.

The winger chased down a long bomb from halfback Will Smith, leapt into the air and plucked the ball from Bailey Simonsson’s grasp, before diving over in the corner.

Gutherson was the last line of defence but there was little he could do as Sami moved past him for a four-pointer.

Sami then got to his feet and gave Gutherson a taste of his own medicine by standing over him and unleashing the Eels captain’s trademark “Gutherino” shimmy with his arms raised.

Sami’s cheeky try celebration aimed at Gutherson wasn’t lost on Fox League commentator Andrew Voss.

“Did you see that? He’s done the Gutherino over the top of Clint Gutherson,” Voss said.

“Not lost in the moment. Bit of gamesmanship. Well that is rubbing it in.”

The Eels ended up winning the high-scoring affair 32-28.

Gutherson agreed it was “part of the theatre” of the game but admits he’s marked down in his diary their next clash on April 9.

“Four weeks, I’ve already looked and we’re already back into it,” Gutherson said on Big Sports Breakfast.

“At the time I didn’t even notice, I was just a bit annoyed that he’d scored and was sort of huddled up and looked up at the big screen and I was standing next to Mitch (Moses) and I watched the try to work out how do we solve this and saw he looked back down on me as he scored and I thought ‘oh no he’s disrespected me there’.

“We both just started laughing but look we got the last laugh with the win and I reposted after the game.

Gutherson revealed the pair are actually mates when not squaring off in the NRL.

“I’m actually friends with him so it’s a bit of a laugh and he said he just got caught up in the moment but it’s good for footy, it’s good for the crowd, the crowd gave him a lot after that and look if you’re going to do a little dance you’re going to cop it.”

“I’m all for that type of stuff, it adds to the theatre of the game and look it’s all in good fun, nobody is out there to disrespect anyone like that, it’s just a bit of fun and I love it.

“I like dealing with it and getting on board with it as well.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Stat attack: Top Titans in Round 1
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ns-in-round-1/

There were plenty of standout performances for the Gold Coast Titans in Round 1 against Parramatta.

Tough to pick a player of the match from the season opener, the honour could've gone to either one of the centre-wing pairing of Brian Kelly and Phillip Sami on the left for their four-try haul and defensive masterclass.

Toby Sexton was also one to watch in only his fifth NRL appearance, and new captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui never let his side down in the middle third against the Eels.

Here are the Titans' top performers for Round 1 in some key stats categories:

Most tackles
    # Player Tackles
    1 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 35
    2 Erin Clark 31
    3 Beau Fermor 30
    4 Isaac Liu 25
    5 Moeaki Fotuaika 24

Metres gained
    # Player Metres
    1 Moeaki Fotuaika 124
    2 David Fifita 122
    3 Greg Marzhew 120
    4 Phillip Sami 117
    5 Brian Kelly 114

Post-contact metres
    # Player Metres
    1 Greg Marzhew 55
    2 Phillip Sami 44
    3 Moeaki Fotuaika 44
    4 Brian Kelly 38
    5 Tino Fa'ausuamaleaui 35

Tackle breaks
    # Player Breaks
    1 Jayden Campbell 7
    2 Phillip Sami 7
    3 Erin Clark 4
    4 David Fifita 4
    5 Greg Marzhew 3

Fantasy points
    # Player Points
    1 David Fifita 51
    2 Phillip Sami 48
    3 Toby Sexton 45
    4 Erin Clark 45
    5 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 45
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

That David Riccio is an absolute idiot. How they can draw parallels to Browns tackle on Hutchinson is beyond me. They are completely different. Good story to divert the attention from the fact that the touch judge called the pass forward and didn't watch the play because he expected the play to stop, which it didn't.