Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 1: PARRAMATTA vs TITANS (2022)

PARRAMATTA EELS vs GOLD COAST TITANS
    3:05pm, Sunday, 13 March 2022. CommBank Stadium, Parramatta

Match details: https://www.titans.com.au/draw/nrl-p...eels-v-titans/

Head to head:
    SINCE 1998
    PLAYED 21
    Parramatta 10 WON
    Gold Coast 11 WON
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Round 1 Titans team as chosen by the fans
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...n-by-the-fans/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bit challenge since Parramatta finished so strongly last year against Penrith that they should be considered one of the absolute favourites of the comp. Also they are well known early flyers so this game will be an absolute challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Bit challenge since Parramatta finished so strongly last year against Penrith that they should be considered one of the absolute favourites of the comp. Also they are well known early flyers so this game will be an absolute challenge.
    Yep, huge challenge. Looked very sharp in their trial v Penrith too.

The biggest markers for me are our defensive principles, and how Toby can control field position/pressure. I've got no doubt we can create points against anyone.

Eels were the form trial side, looked the goods. Interesting first hit out need to shut down their offloads and second phase plays as Gutho feeds of these.

First Grader

Going to be a tough game. Parra looked sharp against panthers.

We also didn't get to play 1 trail with our first team squad, im expecting not only coheseive issues but fitness issues aswell.

This could get ugly.

TLT here we come.

First Grader

Proctor 17th man. Whyyy

Rep Player

Sami starting over Marzhew....Well new year, full off season so im happy to give everyone in round 1 the benefit of the doubt FFS I better see the new, improved better than ever Sami because my word ive seen enough so far. At least the Ferminator gets his crack at starting

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Proctor 17th man. Whyyy
    I really thought he wouldn't make the 17. Assume it was between him or Sam Mac as they can both play middle/edge

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I really thought he wouldn't make the 17. Assume it was between him or Sam Mac as they can both play middle/edge
    Any idea what the go is with Wallace mate? Last year was one of his best seasons and his ball playing really added another dimension to us, especially the plays off the kick off to AJ. Surely he must be a bit undone at training to miss out on the 17

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Any idea what the go is with Wallace mate? Last year was one of his best seasons and his ball playing really added another dimension to us, especially the plays off the kick off to AJ. Surely he must be a bit undone at training to miss out on the 17
    I think Joliffe is just a more valuable middle and is still evolving, and Lisone is the ultimate bench middle who can change the pace, put a shot on, find an offload, ballplay etc. Then they've opted for the other bench spots to be a utility and player who can cover edge/middle.

Jwal's short passing game is great but he's prone to some errors and overplays his hand at times. He's got some flaws defensively that are highlighted with the new speed around the ruck as well. Honestly though, a fair argument could be made for his inclusion and he's still a good footballer that will be putting a heap of pressure on our middles for selection every week.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I think Joliffe is just a more valuable middle and is still evolving, and Lisone is the ultimate bench middle who can change the pace, put a shot on, find an offload, ballplay etc. Then they've opted for the other bench spots to be a utility and player who can cover edge/middle.

Jwal's short passing game is great but he's prone to some errors and overplays his hand at times. He's got some flaws defensively that are highlighted with the new speed around the ruck as well. Honestly though, a fair argument could be made for his inclusion and he's still a good footballer that will be putting a heap of pressure on our middles for selection every week.
    That's fair enough if they want to have balance on the bench with a player that can cover edge, but god I hope they plan on playing Fermor and Fifita 80. Any attacking set we have in the opposition 20 without Fifita on the field is an absolute waste, and Fermor's the fittest bloke in the club so no reason to be taking him off.

Really wish McIntyre was the option as he can cover edge/middle way better than Proctor. But oh well it could be worse, we could be the Broncos with Tyrone Roberts in the 17 jersey

- - - Updated - - -

Will Smith over Tannah was a surprise for all the talk
    Sami over anyone is a shame
    KP over McIntyre is diabolical

Guess it's in coach we trust again.

As 11 of the team were predictable I am stoked that Lisone and Jolliffe have both been chosen and have no problem with Clark and Smith either for Round 1 ... I can't say the same for Sami who hasn't even played a game, although it could be argued nor has Liu.

As far as Proctor is concerned, even though as everybody on here knows he is a long way down my list, I am way more comfortable with him coming off the bench and stiffening up our defence than I am with him starting and choking our attack.

JWal wrote his own epitaph being mentioned in the same sentence as Bennett but will be good depth. Sammy Mac will force his way in and then never be removed. Boyd will be waiting for either Clark or Smith to slip-up and then will get his chance too. I feel for Marzhew (must have run over several black cats) and Masters who is great depth too while Spry needs to show he's in it for the long run after his disappearing act last season.

In all: GO TITANS ... can't wait for Sunday and in Holbrook we trust.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.