Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just watched it too, very happy with how he handled himself to get a point across that soo many can see.
    He has a rare knack for speaking the language of the people. So thankful for not having a Ricky Stuart or Geoff Toovey style coach.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The 7 - 1 to eels penalty count is not surprising.

First Grader

Agree with all those comments, I'm proud to have Holbrook as a coach and think we need to trust his selections like Sami etc. I am a bit confused over some of the uses of the interchange though. For example Proctor and Tanah being on the field at the end of the moment in the decisive moments. If the starting players are who you think are best suited for the team, shouldn't the plan be to have them on the field when it matters most? You'd think guys like Proctor and Tanah should be brought on around the 50th minute and then Clark should be back on around the 65-70th for the most important moments of the game (I'm not sure who was off for Proctor at the end, think maybe Marzhew went off with an injury.) I also feel like Tino/ Mo are kept out there a little too long to start the game, I think Tino might've played about 50 straight before getting a rest. Once again trust in Justin but I just felt nervous having Tanah and Proctor on when the game was on the line

Kelly is a winger. His tackle busting days as a centre are over.
    Wallace needs to play. He's still in out top 8 forwards.
    Glimpses of Smith were good, but getting caught on the last?
    As exciting as JC is, could he cost more points than he brings at FB?
    Overall, vs 13 + the bunker, the boys did well.

Rep Player

Ditto to what everyone said. I’m bloody proud of the boys today. I like how we look in attack. We never looked just completely lost looking for a freak play to spark us. Reffing was poor but again we blew a few chances. Loved what I saw of section. Fifita looked engaged and did the hard yards. Clark was great!

Abd yes I was 110% wrong about Sami! Loved what I saw. No more sideways running.

Only poor player to me was Herbert he had some shocking reads but it may of been not trusting marzhew. JC was ineffective in cover today he needs some more kgs on his frame.

All in all i game we could of won however it’s round 1. We looked good and now we just need to come out and put some points on the warriors.

It’s good to have footy back on

Justin was spot on. Nothing toxic about calling out the refs. Last round last year we thrashed the warriors and I was still appalled at the referees. I've been a paying spectator of this league for over 30 years, and the reffing has never been adequate. I feel like it's worse than it has ever been in recent years though, I see so many glaring errors. And while I'm passionate about my team, I do my best to be a clear eyed spectator. It's at a point where it's notable to finish a game and feel like poor refereeing didn't have an outsized and imbalanced effect on the result and the quality of play, in games where I'm neutral or not.

It hurts because we were so close in a game I don't think many of us expected to win.
    It also didn't help that the second half felt like watching a Union game...

Hopefully we can use it as motivation for next week.

QLD Cup

Holbrook summarised exactly what I was feeling perfectly. I firmly believe that the NRL is fixed. There is too many bad decisions made for it to be a coincidence.

I don’t know why Marzhew is copping all the heat on here. The first try down that edge was a 4 on 2, the second was a missed tackle from Herbert and the other he followed Herbert in who flew out of the line and committed to the wrong player. Herbert had an absolute shocker tonight.

Will Smith was great tonight. I really like the Peach but Smith is such a competitor. Sami was superb tonight also.

Banned

Tanah Boyd just not have the same effect as Mitch Rein

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Holbrook summarised exactly what I was feeling perfectly. I firmly believe that the NRL is fixed. There is too many bad decisions made for it to be a coincidence.

I don’t know why Marzhew is copping all the heat on here. The first try down that edge was a 4 on 2, the second was a missed tackle from Herbert and the other he followed Herbert in who flew out of the line and committed to the wrong player. Herbert had an absolute shocker tonight.

Will Smith was great tonight. I really like the Peach but Smith is such a competitor. Sami was superb tonight also.
    On Marzhew - the first was a 4 on 2 because the winger (I.e. himself) didn’t pull short side numbers. That’s defence 101 for an NRL winger. There were a bunch of examples during the game where Marzhew was in no man’s land and we were short of numbers again, or he wasn’t positioned properly. When this happens it makes it more obvious when a centre is constantly trying to fix a problem by shooting up a lot. Herbert had some shockers too, but that edge just looked a lot better organised and controlled on D when Thompson was there.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Tanah Boyd just not have the same effect as Mitch Rein
    You should get your name changed to mitchrein

First Grader

A lot of praise for Sexton around the internet and he also got 1 Dally M point. So excited about the potential of this guy, in his first game as the first choice halfback he stood up to one of the top 4 teams. There were also several moments where you could hear him through the broadcast taking control of the team in the huddle, and I'm pretty sure he claimed to be captain for our challenge when Tino was off. Great signs so early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    JC was ineffective in cover today he needs some more kgs on his frame.
    It’s good to have footy back on
    It's interesting this commentary on JC's weight. While I agree and over the off season he did work on it there seems to be a real focus by commentators and fans on how light he is.
    He played at 78kg apparently last year, coincidently so did Paps at Melbourne but there didn't seem to be this constant talk about his weight.
    This year Paps has put a around 3.5-4kg (now 82kg) from what I have read and JC has said in an article on the Titan's website that he was hoping to be at 83kg for the start of the season but it is still JC's weight that is talked about.
    It just seems to fit the theme of bash anything Titan's by the media.

And yes it is good to have the footy back.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    It's interesting this commentary on JC's weight. While I agree and over the off season he did work on it there seems to be a real focus by commentators and fans on how light he is.
    He played at 78kg apparently last year, coincidently so did Paps at Melbourne but there didn't seem to be this constant talk about his weight.
    This year Paps has put a around 3.5-4kg (now 82kg) from what I have read and JC has said in an article on the Titan's website that he was hoping to be at 83kg for the start of the season but it is still JC's weight that is talked about.
    It just seems to fit the theme of bash anything Titan's by the media.

And yes it is good to have the footy back.
    To be fair though it's not just about weight, JC looks very skinny, by far the skinniest player in the league. I can't remember Papenheyzun ever being that skinny. If he was to bulk up he might lose his speed and elusiveness, but as long as he's that skinny the comments are always going to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    To be fair though it's not just about weight, JC looks very skinny, by far the skinniest player in the league. I can't remember Papenheyzun ever being that skinny. If he was to bulk up he might lose his speed and elusiveness, but as long as he's that skinny the comments are always going to be made.
    Yep. But it's such a lazy take. He's put on 5kg in the off-season but simply has a lean frame with lean proportions, he can't really do much more. Anyone expecting him to go away and come back looking jacked with lean muscle is going to be continually disappointed becuase the human body just doesn't work like that.

He'll get marginally bigger with each pre-season to a certain point, and it'll help him defensively in the contact for sure. But at this point he's carrying the ball well, winning the contact with footwork, beating tacklers, and finding his front on his elbows. That wouldn't be happening if his weight was making him "inneffective" or whatever is being spun