Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Good news is sexton and Campbell look absolutely amazing and our teams scramble has improved out of sight. Also it's been since Scott Prince played for us that I've seen us attack with shape that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Difference between "didn't want" and "didn't think"
    I know there is a difference but I meant what I said. This forum constantly looks for scapegoats and whilst the refereeing was particularly **** today there are still some blatant correct calls that people whinged about. All this **** is just really toxic and whilst I love this forum we have to cut this **** out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Well that’s done me, a good effort and very proud of them … but appalling refereeing plus horrible mistakes from the same old troup … Mo dropped balls, Fifita not in it, Herbert brain snaps and right side defense.

Will Smith went well and tbh I would prefer AJ at fb.
    I think anyone would say AJ > JC at fullback at the moment but we’re yet to see what we gain having them both on the field at the same time. JC’s defence today on the line was simply not good enough for the most part, though.

They need to do more to get Fifita in it. He’s an edge back rower that goes from dominant to dormant depending on how he’s used. Up to Toby to unlock that.

Overall hard to be too unhappy with the effort - we were good enough to win and were a few dud reffing calls away from doing so. For perspective they also scored one off a lucky bounce from a goalpost, one from a forward pass and dodgy grounding another dodgy grounding out wide.

Errors need to improve and that right side D was a mess out wide. Liked our defence otherwise. Went better than expected overall and look forward to next week.

First Grader

Considering Parra are one of the favourites to win the comp and this was the first game for most of our players, I was pleased with our performance. The difference being the Eels scored a try that we would not see in the next 100 years and there was again some diabolical decisions by the bunker.

No more of Marzhew as he was found wanting in defence most times and if Thompson is out injured move Herbert to wing and bring in Marsters

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The difference being the Eels scored a try that we would not see in the next 100 years
    Can’t remember ever seeing a try like that. Wish it would happen to us though.

I’ll try and put the reffing aside and focus on the many positives. We did blast a nice hole in the side of one of the competition favourites and with one trial under our belt. Some of the issues we suffered can be fixed. And hopefully we see AJ return. Not sure what the prognosis for Thompson is though.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Pissed off at some of those calls but at the same time so proud of the boys. Right side defence looked extremely dodgy in the first half, but to not conceded a try in the 2nd with all of their possession was massive. You could see the respect Eels had for us by taking the 2 towards the end there when we were on the ropes. One of our main issues last year was we weren’t up to the standard of the top sides, but if that’s a preview to come then we’re in for a good year.

Have to eat my words on Sami, he was amazing and if he can keep up that form then I think Holbrook’s made the right call with him and Thompson as our first choice pairing. Sexton was great in most parts, my only fault is he needs to get Fifita a bit more clean ball when we have opportunities in their red zone. Fifita didn’t get any clean ball with room to move near their line, it was just the same old **** as last year where we dump it off to him and hope him to do something. Other than that loved what I saw from Sexton.

Anyone concerned about Campbell? I saw no issue with it but there are people (mainly Eels fans) saying he lead with his knees.

Holbrook firing up at the presser, good ****.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Holbrook firing up at the presser, good ****.
    He was very passionate. Almost to the point of getting fined for it. Shows it really hurt. I think that is the most passionate I have seen him in a presser.
    Psmitty

Banned

Think the difference was Mitch Rein we missed his dummy half runs

Parramatta Eels v Gold Coast Titans | Match Highlights | Round 1, 2022 | NRL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q8bi-fIs9Oc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Think the difference was Mitch Rein we missed his dummy half runs
    After a rough game, this actually made me laugh. Cheers

NRL Press Conference: Eels v Titans - Round 1, 2022
    https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/te...-round-1-2022/

Skip ahead until Justin starts talking.

Proud of Justin's post match presser. He is very smart and persuasive in how he makes his points.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Proud of Justin's post match presser. He is very smart and persuasive in how he makes his points.
    Just watched it too, very happy with how he handled himself to get a point across that soo many can see.

We played a lot better than I thought we would.

Robbed though.