Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2022 Origin Series

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...ffae92c7d330ad

Earlier, The Daily Telegraph revealed the venues and 2022 dates for Origin, with the series to commence on New South Wales home turf at Stadium Australia on June 8.

The Blues and Maroons will then square off at Perth’s Optus Stadium for a second straight year, with Origin II 2022 to be held on June 26 — a Sunday night.

The third and final clash will be held at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on July 13.

All three 2021 Origin matches were held in three different Queensland locations — Townsville, Brisbane and Gold Coast — but that didn’t affect the Blues, who clinched the series after the second match thanks to dominant 50-6 and 26-0 victories. Queensland won Origin III 20-18 off the back of two tries from Ben Hunt.

Game 1 - Sydney. 8 June 2022
    Game 2 - Perth. 26 June 2022
    Game 3 - Brisbane. 13 July 2022
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Western Australia’s border wall may force NRL to shift game from Perth
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

The NRL is reluctant to play a waiting game for clarity over the WA government border-closure and have begun investigating back-up venues for this year’s second Origin away from Perth.

Western Australia’s border wall has forced the NRL to explore the possibility of shifting this year’s State of Origin from Perth.

In what could develop into a $15 million black-eye for the Western Australian government, the NRL aren’t willing to play Russian roulette with rugby league’s showpiece event and have begun investigating back-up venues.

Adelaide and Melbourne are the frontrunners to replace Perth should the NRL make the call to remove themselves from the increasing uncertainty over WA Premier Mark McGowan’s border stance.

Perth’s Optus Stadium is scheduled to host game two of the 2022 State of Origin series between NSW and Queensland on Sunday, June 26.

It is to be the first time since 2019 that an Origin match has been played at Perth’s 60,000-seat stadium.

However, WA premier Mark McGowan’s recent decision to keep the state border shut indefinitely has left the NRL little choice to explore alternative options.

It’s understood that in order to provide corporates and fans with clarity, the ARL Commission will want to make a call by the end of March on whether to forge ahead with rugby league’s star attraction in the west.

As the most watched sporting spectacle of the year, the Blues win over the Maroons in Perth in 2019 led to an anticipated $15 million boost to the WA economy.

Adelaide is due to host an Origin match in 2023 and if Perth in 2022 was abandoned, it’s understood the South Australian government would consider bringing their hosting rights agreement forward to this year.

Historically, the release of tickets for an upcoming State of Origin series have gone on-sale as early as six months prior to the opening game.

However, the NRL is yet to release any tickets for this year’s series.

Fans can instead register to be part of a waiting list for tickets.

Unlike last season, when a nimble NRL shifted all three Origin matches to Queensland, with games in Brisbane and Townsville, at the final hour, the NRL are eager to remove any similar uncertainty in 2022 for their corporates and fans.

The NRL want the attraction of State of Origin and rugby league’s green shoots to continue to grow in Western Australia, but are reluctant to play a waiting game for clarity over the WA government border-closure.

It’s believed that one option of flying both the NSW and Queensland teams into Perth on charter flights 24-hours before the match is of little appetite to the NRL, who believe the presence, promotion and arrival of both teams to Perth in the days prior to their Origin clash, is pivotal to fan engagement, exposure of the code and ticket sales.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Good to see the WA government running like a well oiled machine

Blues squad for Game One
    Players listed in alphabetical order.

Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels)
    Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
    Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
    Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
    Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
    Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
    Nicho Hynes (Cronulla Sharks)
    Api Koroisau (Penrith Panthers)
    Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
    Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
    Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels)
    Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
    Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
    Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
    Tariq Sims (St. George-Illawarra Dragons)
    Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)
    Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters)
    James Tedesco, capt. (Sydney Roosters)
    Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
    Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
    Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
    Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/29/...origin-opener/

Queensland Maroons Game I squad
    Kalyn Ponga - Newcastle Knights
    Selwyn Cobbo - Brisbane Broncos
    Valentine Holmes - North Queensland Cowboys
    Dane Gagai - Newcastle Knights
    Xavier Coates - Melbourne Storm
    Cameron Munster - Melbourne Storm
    Daly Cherry-Evans - Manly Sea Eagles
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui - Gold Coast Titans
    Ben Hunt - St George Illawarra Dragons
    Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
    Kurt Capewell - Brisbane Broncos
    Felise Kaufusi - Melbourne Storm
    Reuben Cotter - North Queensland Cowboys
    Harry Grant - Melbourne Storm
    Lindsay Collins - Sydney Roosters
    Patrick Carrigan - Brisbane Broncos
    Jeremiah Nanai - North Queensland Cowboys
    Tom Dearden - North Queensland Cowboys
    Jai Arrow - South Sydney Rabbitohs
    Thomas Flegler - Brisbane Broncos
    Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - North Queensland Cowboys
    Murray Taulagi - North Queensland Cowboys

Can't believe they haven't got Fermor in there. Our second row looks old and used

Fermy robbed

I'm pretty confident the Maroons can win if the spine stays fit. Ben Hunt (on the bench I assume) Will be a handy utility too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Fermy robbed

With the form of this club Tino can probably thank his lucky stars he was even picked

- - - Updated - - -

Capewell is going pretty good and Kaufusi picked on defence with Nanai to come off the bench sound alright to me

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Queensland Maroons Game I squad
    Kalyn Ponga - Newcastle Knights
    Selwyn Cobbo - Brisbane Broncos
    Valentine Holmes - North Queensland Cowboys
    Dane Gagai - Newcastle Knights
    Xavier Coates - Melbourne Storm
    Cameron Munster - Melbourne Storm
    Daly Cherry-Evans - Manly Sea Eagles
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui - Gold Coast Titans
    Ben Hunt - St George Illawarra Dragons
    Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
    Kurt Capewell - Brisbane Broncos
    Felise Kaufusi - Melbourne Storm
    Reuben Cotter - North Queensland Cowboys
    Harry Grant - Melbourne Storm
    Lindsay Collins - Sydney Roosters
    Patrick Carrigan - Brisbane Broncos
    Jeremiah Nanai - North Queensland Cowboys
    Tom Dearden - North Queensland Cowboys
    Jai Arrow - South Sydney Rabbitohs
    Thomas Flegler - Brisbane Broncos
    Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - North Queensland Cowboys
    Murray Taulagi - North Queensland Cowboys

Can't believe they haven't got Fermor in there. Our second row looks old and used

Nanai doesn't do it for me. Good talent but we need hard nosed forwards for Origin and I would have preferred Hess over him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Nanai doesn't do it for me. Good talent but we need hard nosed forwards for Origin and I would have preferred Hess over him.
    His best contributions are catching kicks to score tries. He's certainly a talented kid although IMO it's pretty clear he's the beneficiary of some highlight-hype and a team that is in form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    His best contributions are catching kicks to score tries. He's certainly a talented kid although IMO it's pretty clear he's the beneficiary of some highlight-hype and a team that is in form.
    Thats exactly why he is there. The way the game is right now for example, how the 8 interchanges work, and the 5 middles are fit enough to rotate the whole 80 and get enough quality minutes between them. Nanai is an absolute gamer breaker where he seems to produce something special every match and his defence is not lacking at all, so im sure slater was looking for someone who can change the momentum of the match. Also in defence they will be attacking our line with Nathan Cleary kicks that are aimed towards that 2nd row / Center Corridor and Nanai defends on the right and and crighton will be leaping from that position on the left so im sure thats something else they have considered since Nathan is the games best at it.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 31-05-22 at 03:27 PM.

Josh A-C the face of Blues promotions or should that be “demotions”.

I'll preempt what's coming next with this warning: this conversation is only for those with thick skins and a sense of humour ... if that's not you then don't read on, don't be offended and get a life.

- START -

The Titanic Origin Fishing Expedition

It's Origin I of 2022 tonight and the media have been cranking-up the "the hate has gone out of Origin". The NSWailers incredulously exposed Paul "Hungry" Gallen as the money grabbing numbnutz he is with his 20k "I hate Queenslanders" windfall. We all know the jealous bastard wants to live up here but no self-respecting Realtor will give him a place to buy or rent and of course he has no friends to stay with unless your name is Capone Staggs. He couldn't stay with the Haas mob because their neighbours all pack long barrelled persuaders.

I've never liked Paul Kent (we all know he's only tipped Queensland to keep his job) and find the new Bwaith sickening in his attempts at neutrality (although his indifferent form for NSW offers suggestions he's actually a cupboard Maroon). The others are all Murdoch sycophants along with the other Johns who just roll with the Fox script.

As one of those who suffered the annual humiliation of the 70's interstate series and as one of the original 39k+ who sat (with his bewildered ex) in the old Frank Burke Stand to cheer himself ho**** (sic horse ... lol@editing) as Artie was etched into Rugby League folklore, I feel impelled to ensure that the interstate distain maintains its traction.

Historically the Blosers have been a pretty ugly lot with big noses. Who could forget the original "Snoz" Mick O'Connor or "Loz the Snoz" Daley or the "This fish is as big as your nose" Menzies. Thanks for that one Gordie. Let's not forget how the aptly named "Beaver" got his moniker. Northern Beaches legend has it that his tacking efforts as a kid were so pathetic that he was often called out as that type of cat that lezzos eat, which was deemed inappropriate although slightly less than the one that rhymes with "front". I could go on.

Age will not weary the exploits of so many. I cite as examples, Leslie Boyd elbowing his way into notoriety, the Grasshopper achieving Sainthood and the cheating show pony Harrigan. Let the game flow and bring back the biffo, should be the Origin mantra.

The title of this piece is a fishing expedition and so it is: I challenge all of you bastards, north and south, to ramp up the rivalry and let's get some emotion back into the Forum. You can target me if you like but that would only please my creditors.

- BEGIN -
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-06-22 at 03:11 PM.

What a game … :-)

Good win for QLD... On to Perth...

Not a fan of the coach questions during play as I feel there should be a space for questions after... Oh that's right they do have press conferences after...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady