Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

OMG that was such a great game and the Blues could have taken it in the dying moments.

I really just enjoyed that so much. I was backing a Queensland win but based on experience. Munster was a manic but the debutants blew me away. I also rated Slater as a coach due to his horse racing back ground. I think with that he reads into things, watches things and is patient. Also having Smith and Thurston involved helps. They played together so they know their roles in an off-field setting.

I thought we might be in trouble with our early injuries. On to Perth. I wonder if Fittler will make changes.

I also really savored that win, because as a Titans fan, that feeling has been rare.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Not a fan of the coach questions during play as I feel there should be a space for questions after... Oh that's right they do have press conferences after...
    Absolutely commercial TV overstepping the mark. I also dislike sticking mics under people's mouths as they come off the field at half time. But I can understand the motivation.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    What a game … :-)
    Absolutely Titanic. The Origin story is defined by what happened before Origin. A point that is constantly reaffirmed when you talk to supporters and players of that era, especially at BRL.

I'll preempt what's coming next with this warning: this conversation is only for those with thick skins and a sense of humour ... if that's not you then don't read on, don't be offended and get a life.

- START -

The Titanic Origin Fishing Expedition

It's Origin I of 2022 tonight and the media have been cranking-up the "the hate has gone out of Origin". The NSWailers incredulously exposed Paul "Hungry" Gallen as the money grabbing numbnutz he is with his 20k "I hate Queenslanders" windfall. We all know the jealous bastard wants to live up here but no self-respecting Realtor will give him a place to buy or rent and of course he has no friends to stay with unless your name is Capone Staggs. He couldn't stay with the Haas mob because their neighbours all pack long barrelled persuaders.

I've never liked Paul Kent (we all know he's only tipped Queensland to keep his job) and find the new Bwaith sickening in his attempts at neutrality (although his indifferent form for NSW offers suggestions he's actually a cupboard Maroon). The others are all Murdoch sycophants along with the other Johns who just roll with the Fox script.

As one of those who suffered the annual humiliation of the 70's interstate series and as one of the original 39k+ who sat (with his bewildered ex) in the old Frank Burke Stand to cheer himself ho**** (sic horse ... lol@editing) as Artie was etched into Rugby League folklore, I feel impelled to ensure that the interstate distain maintains its traction.

Historically the Blosers have been a pretty ugly lot with big noses. Who could forget the original "Snoz" Mick O'Connor or "Loz the Snoz" Daley or the "This fish is as big as your nose" Menzies. Thanks for that one Gordie. Let's not forget how the aptly named "Beaver" got his moniker. Northern Beaches legend has it that his tacking efforts as a kid were so pathetic that he was often called out as that type of cat that lezzos eat, which was deemed inappropriate although slightly less than the one that rhymes with "front". I could go on.

Age will not weary the exploits of so many. I cite as examples, Leslie Boyd elbowing his way into notoriety, the Grasshopper achieving Sainthood and the cheating show pony Harrigan. Let the game flow and bring back the biffo, should be the Origin mantra.

The title of this piece is a fishing expedition and so it is: I challenge all of you bastards, north and south, to ramp up the rivalry and let's get some emotion back into the Forum. You can target me if you like but that would only please my creditors.

- BEGIN -
    Hahaha!! Too good, T. You've ruined it in one post! No blose supporter will come on here. Not until they jag a win. I wish there was another game in Sydney this year that we could win to clinch the series...just to wipe Kenty's snoot in it.

On a side note, that meal you mentioned is not only a lezzo's treat. I don't mind a feed of hairy clam every so often!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    OMG that was such a great game and the Blues could have taken it in the dying moments.
    Yet take it they did ... right in their collective puckered derrières.

Absolutely commercial TV overstepping the mark. I also dislike sticking mics under people's mouths as they come off the field at half time. But I can understand the motivation.
    The patience Freddy has shown previously was sorely tested last night and I completely agree, it's ridiculously invasive at a time when there should be some form of sanctity.

Absolutely Titanic. The Origin story is defined by what happened before Origin. A point that is constantly reaffirmed when you talk to supporters and players of that era, especially at BRL.
    The pity is that one day there won't be any survivors of that period and the painful reality of that era will become the stuff of legend and myth. I have enough trouble explaining the deep hurt to my son who listens but I'm sure he thinks "codger's tales".

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Hahaha!! Too good, T. You've ruined it in one post! No blose supporter will come on here. Not until they jag a win. I wish there was another game in Sydney this year that we could win to clinch the series...just to wipe Kenty's snoot in it.

On a side note, that meal you mentioned is not only a lezzo's treat. I don't mind a feed of hairy clam every so often!
    You'll go straight to hell for that one Meno ... see you there in Maroon.

And to the tune of Jingle Bells (from the 1980 dressing room):

Lock your doors and try to hide
    The Queensland boys are here.

We're here to steal your women
    And drink our Fourex beer.

So bring out all your women
    And we'll put them to the test.

Because we are mighty Queensland
    And we're the friggin' best!
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-06-22 at 02:39 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The pity is that one day there won't be any survivors of that period and the painful reality of that era will become the stuff of legend and myth. I have enough trouble explaining the deep hurt to my son who listens but I'm sure he thinks "codger's tales".
    Yea I'm on the cusp of that. I mean I didn't see any of the state games before Origin. But I did follow the BRL and I was around a lot of people who lived that. So I got that by osmosis.

The game should do much more to honour the players before 1980. Especially the heroes who went out in Maroon against all odds.

In fact. The Maroons polo I was wearing yesterday had the old Kangaroo and Q but had the year 1980. Not 1908. They need to swap those two last digits around. (Obvious the polo is designed as tribute to 1980 Origin.)

The people at the QRL have no idea or interest. I see it as an insult to generations of Queenslanders.

Yet take it they did ... right in their collective puckered derrières.

The patience Freddy has shown previously was sorely tested last night and I completely agree, it's ridiculously invasive at a time when there should be some form of sanctity.

You'll go straight to hell for that one Meno ... see you there in Maroon.

And to the tune of Jingle Bells (from the 1980 dressing room):

Lock your doors and try to hide
    The Queensland boys are here.

We're here to steal your women
    And drink our Fourex beer.

So bring out all your women
    And we'll put them to the test.

Because we are mighty Queensland
    And we're the friggin' best!
    Hahahaha!!!! It's a fine line between being drunk enough to throw the leg over a southern lass...and suffering the old fourex flop! A real fine line. Timing is everything. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Hahahaha!!!! It's a fine line between being drunk enough to throw the leg over a southern lass...and suffering the old fourex flop! A real fine line. Timing is everything. LOL!!
    Absolutely Meno, ours is a simple game ... look for a hole, get a feel for it and the angle right, usually around centre, time your run because it can get a bit hairy, then hit the gap hard and score.

I'm really excited for Origin 2. I hope the Maroons can take the series in Perth.

Match Centre: https://www.nrl.com/draw/state-of-or...ues-v-maroons/

Blues Ins

Angus Crichton
    Apisai Koroisau
    Jake Trbojevic
    Jordan McLean
    Matt Burton
    Siosifa Talakai

Maroons Ins

Murray Taulagi
    Thomas Flegler
    Tom Dearden

Blues Outs

Jack Wighton
    Kotoni Staggs
    Reagan Campbell-Gillard
    Ryan Matterson
    Tariq Sims

Maroons Outs

Reuben Cotter
    Xavier Coates

Haha Quiet in here when you guys loose LOL well got flogged actually. That was very unlike QLD they gave up
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Haha Quiet in here when you guys loose LOL well got flogged actually. That was very unlike QLD they gave up
    Yea... that really hurt. I'm not going to make any excuses. We have to do far better. At least the third game is in Brissie. Queensland were stuffed, no energy and Cleary had plenty of space and time to cause absolute mayhem.

We aren't flash at games played outside of Brisbane and Sydney.

Game 2 - 2022 - Perth. NSW 44-12
    Game 1 - 2021 - Townsville. NSW 50-6
    Game 3 - 2021 - Gold Coast. QLD 20-18
    Game 1 - 2020 - Adelaide. QLD 18-14

Game 2 - 2019 - Perth. NSW 38-6
    Game 1 - 2018 - Melbourne. NSW. 22-12
    Game 2 - 2015 - Melbourne. NSW 26-18

Game 1 - 2012 - Melbourne. QLD 18-10
    Game 1 - 2009 - Melbourne. QLD 28-18
    Game 3 - 2006 - Melbourne. QLD 16-14

Game 2 - 1997 - Melbourne. NSW 15-14
    Game 2 - 1995 - Melbourne. NSW 20–12
    Game 2 - 1994 - Melbourne. NSW 14-0
    Game 2 - 1990 - Melbourne. NSW 12-6

That said, I'm still happy to see games taken to new areas. Love to see a game in New Zealand one day.

Maroons v Blues: Dearden, Oates set to start; Saifiti named at prop
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/07/04/...ut-in-decider/

The stakes couldn't be higher at Suncorp Stadium as the 2022 Ampol State of Origin series comes down to a decider.

Following Queensland's narrow win in the series opener in Sydney it was the Blues hitting back in Perth to set up a mouth-watering contest at the spiritual home of Origin.

Both sides have been forced into changes with Blues prop Payne Haas nursing a shoulder injury and Maroons stalwart Felise Kaufusi on family leave in the USA.

North Queensland forward Tom Gilbert will join Billy Slater's bench, with young gun Jeremiah Nanai set for his first start at the Origin level.

History favours the Maroons with the last five deciders played at Suncorp all going the way of the home side... 20-14 in 2020, 22-6 in 2017, 52-6 in 2015, 21-20 in 2012 and 34-24 in 2011.

The last time NSW prevailed in a deciding game in Brisbane was 2005 with Immortal Andrew Johns inspiring a 32-10 win.

Team News
    Queensland
    The QRL announced on Saturday morning that PCR swabs have confirmed both Cameron Munster and Murray Taulagi have COVID-19 and will miss Wednesday's Origin decider. The pair had earlier returned positive Rapid Antigen Tests on Friday and been isolated from the rest of the squad.

As a result, Tom Dearden has been named start at five-eighth with Corey Oates on the wing — Ben Hunt will remain at hooker with Harry Grant on the bench.

Team doctor Matt Hislop said on Wednesday that Kalyn Ponga (concussion) had passed all return to play protocols and would take his place at fullback.

Cowboys teenager Jeremiah Nanai is set to make his start in Origin as he replaces Felise Kaufusi (personal) with club teammate Tom Gilbert coming on to the bench for his debut.

New South Wales
    With Jordan McLean sidelined with a hamstring injury, Knights prop Jacob Saifiti moves into the starting side for his Origin debut alongside Jake Trbojevic in the front row. Apisai Koroisau will once again start at hooker with Damien Cook on the bench, with Cameron Murray and Liam Martin named in the second row.

Coach Brad Fittler has stuck solid with Stephen Crichton and Matt Burton in the centres so Jack Wighton has been named 18th Man after playing Game One and then missing Game Two with COVID. Sharks skipper Dale Finucane was added to the extended squad on Friday and will feature as 19th Man.

Match Officials
    Referee: Ashley Klein
    Touch Judge: Phil Henderson
    Touch Judge: Drew Oultram
    Senior Review Official: Grant Atkins

Key match-up
    Daly Cherry-Evans v Nathan Cleary

With 18 and 12 Origins respectively, DCE and Cleary know exactly what is required on the big stage and the 2022 decider could well come down to which playmaker can hold his nerve, absorb the pressure and come up with the clutch plays. In Game One it was the Maroons No.7 producing a clever try from the srumbase to catch the Blues napping while Cleary had his fingerprints all over Game Two in a player-of-the-match display. The kicking game of both halfbacks will be crucial to building pressure and dominating field position, and a piece of magic in broken play could make the difference in a contest that is sure to be tight and tense with so much at stake. The chance to cement their Origin legacy awaits the victor of this intriguing battle of will and skill.

Stat Attack
    If the Maroons can grab the victory, Billy Slater will become the fifth Queensland coach to win the series in his first year as Origin mentor. Kevin Walters achieved the feat in 2016 as did Mal Meninga in 2006, Paul Vautin in 1995 and Kiwi Graham Lowe in 1991.

Just not sure where our points will come from … Queenslander!!!

How sad is it to have only one Titan in this entire Origin series?

Says a lot about where the club as a whole is at right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    You doing ok tonight mate?

Let’s go Qld.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady