Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default New Titans logo & sponsor discussion

As per this mornings announcement

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ion-of-titans/

Logo itself (taken from their twitter so not the best res):

My Pay Now also becoming major/front of jersey sponsor

Last edited by Hail Sezer; 20-10-21 at 08:31 AM.

I feel like I was the only one that loved the old logo?

This one is okay, more modern, less busy, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    I feel like I was the only one that loved the old logo?

This one is okay, more modern, less busy, not bad.
    Definitely not the only one mate. This one I guess is growing on me but definitely not as good as the old one.

Least it isn't as bad as the Tigers logo I guess

I loved the last logo, but not against this one.

New logo, new generation, I hope a few of the players feels this is also a bit of a fresh start and changing of the guards. Crazy to think AJ is one of the senior players in nrl games and he's still only 23.

We just need to stick with this jersey now and actually build an identity, the new logo and sponsorship fits the jersey better I think

I like the old but really like the new. It’s a strong simple design.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Also interesting no captain proctor there, wonder if Tino and AJ will be co captain's next year I think they're the next obvious choices

Rep Player

Bizarre colour choice. Where’s the contrast?

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    We just need to stick with this jersey now and actually build an identity, the new logo and sponsorship fits the jersey better I think
    I'm with you mate. It's the unfortunate reality that up until the new ownership takeover, the club has been an unstable mess on and off the field and the old logo's brand equity kind of became collateral to that.

The club is riding on the momentum of all that is new with the Titans as a whole and the logo is kind of the line in the sand.

I liked the old logo but to be honest, I like this one more and think the simplicity is a good thing..looks menacing.

Happy to be rid of the big orange NEDS off our jersey. Jersey looks better for it.

The larger faint logo on the front looks good and ties in with the new logo. Not 100% on it yet, as Willhelm said Where is the contrast?

Rep Player

I like it. If we really want to turn a corner and ring in a new era then I think a nice modern clean design is the way to go (I liked the old logo btw). It’s time to announce ourselves as a contender and not the same old rabble we have been. That said you can change all you want off the field we need to start delivering in the field

Happy with a change not sold on the logo but then I’m in the aging minority and content to bow to the new generation appeal.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I loved the old logo and hoped we would maintain it and not fall for the marketing trend of digital minimalising and devolution.

The Storm's "rebrand" a few years ago was a step backwards. They removed the storm cloud.

Last week, Wests Tigers got savaged by their fanbase for their "update". They also removed the claws.

Now we remove the double swords. We change the helmet to blue, which is just weird. And we minimalise gold again. The wordmark is inferior IMO.

I loved the old logo and I'm really disappointed. We have changed our club entity so often, I had hoped we could just maintain and not listen to the "social media gurus" who have been knocking on our door.

The comments on social media have been overwhelmingly negative. I also notice the club then restricted comments on their profile picture on facebook.

On the plus side, not having NEDS on the front of the jersey is a huge improvement. Lovely design, but the giant orange box was difficult to deal with.

But now I have little faith in the club that they won't go and do something stupid with the jersey now.

We need to settle down.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 20-10-21 at 12:00 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Can someone at least swap the colours of the helmet to gold?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Exactly. We’re the Gold Coast, not the Blue Coast.