Date: Saturday 29th January

Venue: Pizzey Park, Burleigh Seniors

Game Times

1pm U16s – Northern Rivers Titans v Tweed Seagulls
    2.15pm U18s – Northern Rivers Titans v Tweed Seagulls
    3.45pm U16s – Future Titans v Canterbury Bulldogs
    5.15pm – Future Titans U17s v Burleigh Bears U18s
    6.45pm – Future Titans U19s v Burleigh Bears U21s

Free entry and the chance to see some of our future talent in action.

So we have alot of players named in both the Maori and Indigenous teams so hopefully it servers as a good trial game and season preparation for alot of the boys

Tino has been announced as club captain according to the titans website.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I'm really happy with this choice. Plays with pride, is excellent at the 1%ers, and by all accounts leads by example off the field and will be a big influence in building the culture going forward, as well as attracting future talent.

I just hope we have an on-field consultation committee for captains challenges and other such decisions lol

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Great choice by the club - leads through his actions and toughness and showed a heap of faith to re-sign with us over the Dolphins.

Even better to not see KP named captain as I was worried about that happening!!

haha the video has now been removed from the Titans website. Maybe someone posted in prematurely. It is obviously happening as it was Tino saying he has been announced as captain and he looks forward to leading the team in 2022.
    Last edited by psmitty; 02-02-22 at 06:17 PM.
    Psmitty

Got my members pack today. Couple of Tino bobbleheads in there, must have known. CT and Jayden the other bobbleheads.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Got my members pack today. Couple of Tino bobbleheads in there, must have known. CT and Jayden the other bobbleheads.
    I got a Preston one in my pack

Fa'asuamaleaui to lead Titans: Tino named Captain for '22

Thu 3 Feb 2022, 09:06 AM

Tino is our captain!

The Gold Coast Titans are excited to announce that Tino Fa’asuamaleaui will captain our NRL side from 2022.

The 21-year-old Titan and Queensland Origin representative was selected by Coach Justin Holbrook to take on the role to lead an exciting squad that’s building off last season’s finals appearance.

“Tino is a natural leader and he has been that with us since he first arrived at the Club,” Holbrook said.

“He sets such high standards and I love that about Tino.

“He is someone who leads with his actions, he demands a lot of himself and others and they are great qualities in a captain.

“Tino is part of an exciting new wave of Titans that are invested in bringing success here to the Coast.

“He’s a player that has great respect from his peers, including our senior players like Kevin Proctor, Isaac Liu and Corey Thompson.”

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell says Fa’asuamaleaui embodies what it means to be a Titan.

“As a club we work to make our communities proud, to inspire them with energy and ultimately unite them through success.

“Tino is the embodiment of this and our value set, whether he is in a Titans jersey or out in our great community.

“He sets high standards around our core behaviours when it comes to our Club values and his work ethic is phenomenal.

“We’re confident that Tino will be a wonderful leader for our Club and we’re delighted for him and his family that he will get the opportunity this season.”

Fa’asuamaleaui has committed long term to the Coast, after re-signing with the Titans at the end of last year in a deal that sees him on the Coast until the end of the 2026 season.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...aptain-for-22/
    Psmitty

Tino's a great appointment, will lead from the front and the rest will follow

I'm assuming AJ will be voce captain and takeover when Tino's on the bench, Thompson would be a good option but he is out on the wing. Nice to see we are headed in the right direction, carty would've re signed proctor and kept him captain and forced fermour out like zilly
    Last edited by GCTTSD; 03-02-22 at 11:06 AM.

Watching Fifita’s interview I got the impression that he has had a bit of a reality check. I think we might see a different more focused player this year.

I’m fine with Tino as club captain and a starting back row of Fermor, Fifita and Tino.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-02-22 at 03:25 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Watching Fifita’s interview I got the impression that he has had a bit of a reality check. I think we might see a different more focused player this year.

I’m fine with Tino as club captain and a starting back row of Fermor, Fifita and Tino.
    Yeah he looks in great nick so I think this may be the year Fifita moves to Elite Dally M Medal level. 100% agree on that backrow. Im hoping this year the best players start so im praying Fermour and Marzhew start this year but am fully expecting Proctor and Sami

I'm not sold on Tino as captain. Still have bad memories of how Ryan James went backwards as captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I'm not sold on Tino as captain. Still have bad memories of how Ryan James went backwards as captain.
    I totally agree with you Boonies and James resonated loudly for me too but I think/hope that “club” captain has a different feel to “team” captain. I have faith that Holbrook won’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.