Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Pre-Season

Thanks HS and agree the game has changed and a lean body shape and speed has really come to the fore with the rules that have come in, it seems the squad is in good spirits and their seem to be a real bind between the players and coaching staff on that everyone should jump on the titans website and watch Jimmy who is mic’ed up really great insight and how everyone is buying in

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...-for-campbell/

JC with some comments on his weight gain

Realistically 0.5-1kg per month of “lean muscle” (really hate that term) is possible from a hypertrophy perspective for someone his size so he’s essentially going to have maximised that if he ends up at 83kg by the end of pre season like he aims to.

TLDR; weight gain is good

Do they drug test in the offseason?

Statement: Titans return to training

Author Titans.com.au
    Thu 6 Jan 2022, 04:56 PM

The Gold Coast Titans will return to pre-season training on Friday as they continue their preparations for season 2022.

Like many organisations across the country, the club has been impacted by the spread of COVID-19 and are operating under the NRL’s Apollo protocols to ensure a safe return to training for staff and players.

The club currently has nine players and staff isolating in line with Queensland Government requirements and will return to training in line with these measures.

Gold Coast Titans chief executive officer Steve Mitchell said the safety of players, staff and the community was paramount in the return to training.

“Like many organisations, we have been impacted by the current outbreak, but we are working with the NRL on a safe return to training,” Mitchell said.

“The health of our staff, players and community is a priority and we will be following the NRL’s Apollo protocols to allow our players to safely resume training.

“Once players are cleared they will return under the NRL's graduated return to play guidelines."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...n-to-training/
    Psmitty

Well that is a statement that isn't very specific at all.

I hope for the best for our players, staff and families. Well everyone in Australia right now.

Stay healthy everyone.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just hope the NRL have a genuine plan for when players test positive in-season because it is having a serious impact across American sports right now, with games being postponed and teams being decimated to the point where they're losing games that are completely changing the course of their season. And there is every chance it is going to happen here as well.

Yea gonna be interesting to see if they go ahead with isc so the young guys get playing time so they're prepared to be rushed in when covid hits, wonder if there's no cup footy they should extend squads and have b teams with a few cup players making up the rest of squad numbers that play warm up matches before games to keep fit

They need to do away with "close contact" rules all together and change it to symptomatic isolation. Then limit exposure to the players as best you can. At the end of the day we are all going to get it at some point. I think the NFL usually has a two negative tests within 48 hours so they are losing players for one game (if vaccinated).

If the players families aren't restricted and under current close contact rules then the game will fall apart. I have two (adult) kids in the house with covid at the moment and yet my other daughter my wife and I are fine (even though we are up to day 6 of iso).

Our mates up the highway have been hit hard in the off season. Probably not a bad way to deal with it. Have a covid party and get 6 months worth of natural protection (maybe).

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au%...s&mode=premium

I can't post the article sorry guys but looks like we've actually got most of the team out with it at the moment, 23 isolating and 14 at training. The main guys at training are Tino, AJ (who I'm pretty sure from his instagram stories has already had it and finished isolating), Liu, Sami, Marzhew, Fermor, Joliffe. I haven't done too much research on it but does that mean they won't be able to go into isolation again for a while? If so that's a great result, hopefully most of the team can get it out of the way now so it doesn't effect us too much during the season

Honestly this sounds in poor spirit but as a few of you have mentioned, getting it now is a great result if it means they won't get it during the season.

Covid party it is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au%...s&mode=premium

I can't post the article sorry guys but looks like we've actually got most of the team out with it at the moment, 23 isolating and 14 at training. The main guys at training are Tino, AJ (who I'm pretty sure from his instagram stories has already had it and finished isolating), Liu, Sami, Marzhew, Fermor, Joliffe. I haven't done too much research on it but does that mean they won't be able to go into isolation again for a while? If so that's a great result, hopefully most of the team can get it out of the way now so it doesn't effect us too much during the season

"MORE than 60 per cent of Gold Coast’s 2022 NRL squad is in isolation after coming into close contact with Covid-19, with some players contracting the Omicron variant itself.

Just 14 players of the Titans 37-man squad trained in the rain at Titans HQ on Friday with 23 others under orders to stay away from the Parkwood campus.

It is understood to be the highest number of players forced into isolation in the NRL to date.

Million-dollar backrower David Fifita and three of four members of the Titans spine are among the isolating group.

Just half of the club’s 18 high performance coaching staff attended training as club CEO Steve Mitchell revealed coaches and administration staff had also come into contact with the virus.

Head coach Justin Holbrook and assistant coaches Jim Dymock and Jim Lenihan supervised training.

More to come.
    "

Amazing article Darveniza, great insight as always big fella. Bringing that '21 form straight into '22 /s

Yeah like I said I don’t actually know what it really means in regards to getting it again, but if it means they’ll be fine then its a great result. I’m in my early 20’s and have it right now, first few days felt a bit like the flu but now I’m fine. I’m sure all the boys will be allgood

GOLD COAST TITANS COVID-19 STATUS (JAN 7 2022)

Training: 14

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, AJ Brimson, Phillip Sami, Isaac Liu, Tanah Boyd, Beau Fermor, Jojo Fifita, Sam Mclntyre, Aaron Booth, Jamin Jolliffe, Herman Ese’ese, Esan Marsters, Iszac Fa’asuamaleaui, Isaac Matalavea-Booth

In isolation: 23

David Fifita, Moeaki Fotuaika, Jayden Campbell, Toby Sexton, Corey Thompson, Brian Kelly, Kevin Proctor, Jarrod Wallace, Sam Lisone, Erin Clark, Tony Francis, Greg Marzhew, Joe Vuna, Patrick Herbert, Tom Weaver, Will Smith, Shallin Fuller, Alofiana Khan-Pereira, Paul Turner, Treymain Spry, Klese Haas, Jaylan de Groot, Ben Liyou

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...2e090e0e3e6c21
    Psmitty

Junior

My take away is I didn't realise that Jaylan, Ben and Isaac MB were continuing with club after the break. That's good to see.

Edit: Also Klese

Fermor doesn't get Covid, covid gets Fermor and dies

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I just hope the NRL have a genuine plan for when players test positive in-season because it is having a serious impact across American sports right now, with games being postponed and teams being decimated to the point where they're losing games that are completely changing the course of their season. And there is every chance it is going to happen here as well.
    I don't really follow American sports. So this is news to me. And very worrying.

The Indigenous v Maori game in Sydney is fast approaching. 12 February 2022. Also trials too of course.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER