Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Pre-Season

Hybrid View

Default 2022 Pre-Season

Hi All,

A consolidated thread for everything off-season & pre-season heading into 2022.

A few of my observations:

Teeth whitening seems to be the most high-demand service amongst our playing group this off-season. If we lose we'll go down sparkling.

A few of them are out doing their own training pretty regularly - Herbert, Marzhew & Erin Clark look to be doing drills and fitness work a few times a week together.

I believe the club's pre-season for 2022 begins on November 1.

Catch, draw and pass I hope.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Follow what the coach has been saying for the past two years. My observation is that the mentally tough sides can hang in there over the tough periods through game. I wonder if there is merit to a “ Mind Coach “ being employed?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Follow what the coach has been saying for the past two years. My observation is that the mentally tough sides can hang in there over the tough periods through game. I wonder if there is merit to a “ Mind Coach “ being employed?
    I'm actually all for this. In my previous corporate role we had an organisational psychologist come in who was flown down from qld to nsw each week on close to $800 per hour to work with our team for 2 months (once a week for 2hrs) as we had a lot of Senior Managers quitting their roles due to pressure.

Now summary is 90% is hokey pokey action words and silly reflection tasks, but 10% actually has stuck with me for life and reinforced how I actually operate myself (perseption v reality) and what's really driving me without the bull**** (in this case it was actually money, not saying I was just trying to be the best in my field and wanted the challenge like many others did).

I think a mental coach/a player whisperer could really help our Titans to help them identify their strengths and weakness, showing them it is okay if you are not a leader you still have an important role to play. Just really clarifying to them we are 1 team and only as strong as our weakest link, hopefully it instills some belief in themselves going forward and everyone knows their role.

Onfield leadership needs the mind coach to take the pressure off those who are not so well equipped to make decisions under pressure.

Junior

Lisone looked like his been doing fitness training a fair bit too. With some of the warriors players though.

I just putting it out there But I think AJ will be our super bench player our number 14 can play anywhere in the back line Can break the game wide open from anywhere at anytime speed off the mark as well could be damaging around the ruck also
    My spine for the 2022 season would be 9= Booth 7= Sexton 6= Turner 1=JC and 14= AJ

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    I just putting it out there But I think AJ will be our super bench player our number 14 can play anywhere in the back line Can break the game wide open from anywhere at anytime speed off the mark as well could be damaging around the ruck also
    My spine for the 2022 season would be 9= Booth 7= Sexton 6= Turner 1=JC and 14= AJ
    Once Future Immortal Weaver debuts too then Sexton/Weaver will be our halves. There’s a lot to be said for AJ becoming our #14.

Does somebody have our actual Pre-Season training roster, including train & trials and development players that we can refer to and up-date please? Or should we have an easy access thread of its own, without discussion, just for the NRL Squad so everybody can keep up with player movements?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Does somebody have our actual Pre-Season training roster, including train & trials and development players that we can refer to and up-date please? Or should we have an easy access thread of its own, without discussion, just for the NRL Squad so everybody can keep up with player movements?
    I keep the SS&R thread first post updated with the squad (Top 30 and Development) T so that might help keep up with the shape of the full time squad. Check it and let me know if I can improve it

I’ll get a list of the pre season boys added in to that as well, and I will also post that list in here given their involvement is exclusive to pre season. There’s a lot of them from our JTS system. The club hasn’t and probably won’t share anything so I’ll work with Mdrew to put it together
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 15-10-21 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks HS ... there always seems to be lots of questions around the make-up of the squad and their prospects.

Went back and had a look at the first page of the Signings thread and it's perfect ... I will become the champion of the re-direct whenever the questions are raised in future, thanks again HS.
    Last edited by Titanic; 15-10-21 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks to mdrew for the assistance here. The list of JTS players we understand at this stage to be involed with the NRL just for pre-season*:

Isaac Matalavea-Booth (Middle, U20, JTS)
    Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui (Middle/Brow, U20, JTS)
    Vaka Sikahele (Hooker, U20, JTS)
    Jaylan De Groot (Fullback, U19, JTS)
    Jack Cullen (Middle, U19, JTS)
    Ryan Foran (Brow, U19, JTS)
    Kaleb Ngamanu (Centre, U19, JTS)
    Xavier Stowers (Middle, U19, JTS)

*note this is pre-season and not as full-time NRL squad members and most will train with the NRL squad for that first block - i.e. until Christmas break. Train and trial seems appropriate although with squad numbers full, they're probably trialling for a 2023 onwards full-time gig. I believe Isaac MB & Jaylan have already signed full-time contracts for 2023 & 2024 respectively. A lot of moving parts I know but nonetheless, hopefully this helps.

Will update as we go with inevitable omissions from the above list.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-10-21 at 08:40 AM.

First Grader

HS - Tom Weaver not in this group or is he placed somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    HS - Tom Weaver not in this group or is he placed somewhere else?
    Hey mate, he's on a full-time NRL Development contract. The list above is the boys who are just doing the pre-season and are not full-time with NRL.

edit: to better explain, Full Time = full time with the squad for the entire year. i.e. Top 30 contract, or an NRL Development Contract (each club is limited to four of these per year). A player needs to be on either of these to be eligible to play NRL.

I've added the above to the first post of the SS&R thread as well which breaks down the Top 30, NRL Development, and Pre-season JTS boys. Hopefully that makes it all a bit clearer, super confusing I know
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-10-21 at 09:17 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Hey mate, he's on a full-time NRL Development contract. The list above is the boys who are just doing the pre-season and are not full-time with NRL.

edit: to better explain, Full Time = full time with the squad for the entire year. i.e. Top 30 contract, or an NRL Development Contract (each club is limited to four of these per year). A player needs to be on either of these to be eligible to play NRL.

I've added the above to the first post of the SS&R thread as well which breaks down the Top 30, NRL Development, and Pre-season JTS boys. Hopefully that makes it all a bit clearer, super confusing I know
    Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated