Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Pre-Season

Alternative headline for that DT snippet - Experienced players at titans being overtaken by less experienced players who are better

No concern. A positive if anything. I’d guess Proctor definitely who we already knew, and probably Jwal

Herbert playing very well tonight imo, good to see
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Herbert looked right on his game, Clark looked good for 3/4s while Smith hardly had any time and Proctor surprisingly passed exactly not once. Fifita looked interested but seems to have difficulty positioning himself for the heavy lifting.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Alternative headline for that DT snippet - Experienced players at titans being overtaken by less experienced players who are better

No concern. A positive if anything. I’d guess Proctor definitely who we already knew, and probably Jwal
    This is great news! For years I’ve been wanting the best player starting regardless of Status/History etc. Fermour starts over Proctor every day of the week and given the depth of our forward pack this year I think even bench spots are going to be hard to lock down

David Fifita rib cartlidge. Chance he misses trials.

Wasn't that the issue he had towards the end of last year. If so then he obviously has a problem there. He can't go through the season getting needled up before every game.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Absolute dog shot by Rapana and I hope he gets the book thrown at him

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ish-now-hoare/

Summary from Klint Hoare about pre-season and preparation with some video snippets thrown in

NRL 2022: Gold Coast Titans to unveil Jojo Fifita against Broncos

Travis Meyn 15/02/2022

The Titans are ready to unveil one of the NRL’s hottest young prospects, with sprint and schoolboys rugby sensation Jojo Fifita to make his Gold Coast senior debut.

Sosefo “Jojo” Fifita will pull on a Titans jersey for the first time in Saturday night’s trial against the Brisbane Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium.

A cousin of Gold Coast NRL superstar David Fifita, Jojo was one of the country’s most sought after schoolboys rugby talents before being snapped up by the Titans without having ever played a minute of rugby league.

A graduate of The Southport School (TSS), Fifita was being watched by Wallabies coach Dave Rennie in 2020 when the Titans snuck under the guard of every Australian Super Rugby franchise.

Fifita, 19, battled shoulder injuries last year, but Titans fans will finally get a glimpse of one of the club’s best ever young talents when he starts at centre against the Broncos.

“I will start him and he will play plenty of minutes,” Titans coach Justin Holbrook said.

“He’s been going really well. I’ve been really impressed.

“He was coming off a shoulder injury last year and then hurt his shoulder in his second game.

“At least he’s had a pre-season under his belt now and is ready to start the year. It will be good to watch him play.

“He just needs to play rugby league and get some games under his belt. He will get plenty of minutes.

“He has adapted well to playing rugby league. He is a good learner and it will be good to get him playing some games.”

The Titans have high hopes for Fifita.

Powerfully built at 183cm and 91kg, Fifita was a schoolboys sprint star, clocking a sizzling 10.85 seconds for the 100m sprint at the age of 16.

He excelled on the rugby field with his speed, power and footwork, and was part of the Queensland Reds Academy as a career in the 15-man code beckoned.

But the Titans convinced Fifita to chase an NRL career on the Gold Coast and he will get his first taste of the top grade when he faces the Broncos.

Fifita will switch between centre and wing as Holbrook assesses his best position and while he isn’t expected to be part of the Gold Coast’s Round 1 team, an NRL debut in 2022 is likely.

“He is fast and strong,” Holbrook said.

“We have to be patient with him in terms of picking up the way to play rugby league and the principles, but he’s doing really well.

“He will start in the centres and play a bit of wing. I haven’t locked him into either position.

“He is fast and strong but has good skill. He’s got a great pass but equally as good on the wing with a good jump.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a5618ca6ea1220

The minutes will be valuable for Jojo. He didn't play any centre in his 3 games last year so this will be a good challenge for him. I have really high hopes for him in the long term but an injury-free season to learn the game and get some confidence is all I'm hoping for in 2022

Excited to see jo jo play.. when does the team get announced? Is this trial being live streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Excited to see jo jo play.. when does the team get announced? Is this trial being live streamed?
    Fox and Kayo are televising all the games live

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Fox and Kayo are televising all the games live
    What a dream come true. For years we have been screaming out for this. They may be trial games and not full of first stringers, but it's utterly fascinating and informative. Especially to what is next for a club. Fans are also hanging out to see their team play.

Looking forward to watching it this weekend. Should be a lot to talk about.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Agree Diehard, especially when we get to see some up and comers playing in the trails

On Friday I'm wearing Titans colours in support of the Team and the start of the season.......

If you can or want to email me pics of you to lee.dungey@griffithuni.edu.au and I'll put them together to post on Twitter....

Cheers,
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady