Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Pre-Season

CT interviewing Jaylan De Groot

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...rs-as-a-titan/

Seen few players have a breakout season like this guy did in 2021 putting himself on the map as an elite fullback in the QLD MM comp after being the standout for the Titans U19 side. He's part of that spine with Weaver and Bryant that have played years and years of footy together and it shows - he and Tommy have some pretty awesome chemistry on the field.

I'm giving this bloke a shout because he doesn't look like your typical young superstar athlete, nor does he have the accolades, but he can play

Bit of footage of his 2021 season:

https://www.facebook.com/mathew.degr...0407533931616/

Tom Weaver is the 7 in those highlights as well
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-12-21 at 07:37 AM.

*sits next to CT talking about learning from two fullbacks AJ and JC*

I think I saw a tear roll down CT's cheek.

Looks like he has some talent. Happy to see the our junior successes.

They all could learn something from CT … liked JDG’s highlights and feel he looks like a possible centre to me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

What other positions do you think he could he play HS if fullback is taken?

Immortal

Played wing in his NRRRL First Grade debut as a 17 year old for Cudgen and proved to be a try scorer even at that young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    What other positions do you think he could he play HS if fullback is taken?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Played wing in his NRRRL First Grade debut as a 17 year old for Cudgen and proved to be a try scorer even at that young age.
    Showing my age here but he reminds me a Brett Mullins.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Doesn't get my vote for leadership material (https://www.zerotackle.com/titans-ce...sition-112448/)

"It's just my personal health choice," Kelly said.

"That's all their choice and they can do what they want. And I believe my choice is my choice."

"That's probably about that."

AND

The Titans have previously claimed the club will be 100 per cent vaccinated by Christmas, however, Kelly said he was working with the club at the current time.

"All of Australia is all under pressure with all that stuff," Kelly said.

"But with myself, I just have good communication with the club and just take it step by step."
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-12-21 at 10:40 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I heard on the radio the Titans were 100% 1st vaxxed. Guess Kelly needs some drama in his life.

CT interviewing Isaac Matalavea-Booth

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...is-pre-season/

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    CT interviewing Isaac Matalavea-Booth

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...is-pre-season/
    I’d hate to paying his weekly food bill he is a massive specimen

Rep Player

This off season is taking too long. Big Bash isn’t an adequate substitute.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I’d hate to paying his weekly food bill he is a massive specimen
    We’ve driven him to games before, let’s just say he doesn’t fit in the back of a CX5 real well. Real nice kid though.

NRL 2022: Titans star David Fifita reveals secret injury battle

Titans powerhouse David Fifita has revealed the severity of an injury he kept secret from the public over the final five matches of the NRL season.

Nic Darveniza
    less than 2 min read
    December 11, 2021 - 7:00AM
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

David Fifita has revealed he received four painkilling injections per match to dull the agony of a rib cartilage injury he battled through the final five matches of the Titans season.

Fifita scored five of his record 17 tries in his debut season with Gold Coast wearing a chest guard to protect the severe rib injury he suffered against the Cowboys in Round 21.

The pain was so intense Fifita said it took a modified training regimen and four injections to numb the pain enough to take the field against the Rabbitohs, Storm, Knights, Warriors and Roosters in the preliminary final.

Fifita admitted he kept the severity of his injury a secret from the public.

“I had four needles every time just to numb it,” the 21-year-old Queensland forward said.

“It was really sore. The staff helped me throughout the week with modified (sessions).

“Every game when I hurt it against the Cowboys.”

Fifita played 297 out of a possible 400 minutes in the five matches after the Cowboys game.

The young forward said the time away from the game had allowed him to make a full recovery as he works towards being an 80-minute player on the Titans right edge, partnering young halfback Toby Sexton.

“I can’t predict the future, I just have to be ready for whatever,” Fifita said.

“I had an ongoing injury but that is gone now.

“The eight-week break helped me, I don’t feel it and have it anymore.”

Fifita said he had only fulfilled his pre-season vow of improving his defence “in patches” and declared he would return in 2022 a more complete player.

“I’m working hard on it this season, not just my defence but my attack and my combo with Toby Sexton,” he said.

Fifita cut a slimmer figure at training than at the end of the season, which he credited to the Gold Coast sunshine, diet and hard work.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d754addc5b7125
    Psmitty

First block of pre-season completed yesterday, with many T&T players completing their pre-season stint with the Titans.

Please feel free to share your own, but a few of my observations are:
    -Few of our younger players have definitely added some positive weight - notably JC, Toby Sexton, Tanah Boyd, Lofi Khan-Pereira
    -Jojo Fifita training both sides at centre (was training at wing exclusively last year)
    -Tanah Boyd training exclusively at a 9 (article today said he's bulked to 90kg to play in the middle)
    -This applies to many but in particular - Fifita, Erin Clark and Patty Herbert look in great physical condition
    -Phil Sami looks lean and is getting praise from coaching staff (sorry guys, I don't want this either)

In general, the squad looks leaner across the board. I think it's been coming for a while but the new rules have probably accelerated the change of body shapes needed - look at the likes of Penrith and Melbourne. We're on the right track I think.

Junior

I agree HS the squad looks like they are in great shape. Really noticed the extra muscle Toby and Tanah have put on and Fifita slimming down.
    On another angle it looks like the squad is getting along great just from a pure social media standpoint.