CT interviewing Cullen, Bryant and Foran too

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetibros View Post
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ted-to-rip-in/

CT interviewing Cullen, Bryant and Foran too
    Awesome, thanks mate.

Just seen he's done one with Shallin too:

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ns-pre-season/

Immortal

It looks like stand out Titans youngster Keano Kini will also be doing some NRL pre-season sessions with the Titans.

Keano Kini is U18 eligible in 2022 and will finish his schooling at PBC next year.

Loving the interviews, it's something the club does well when compared to the other Queensland teams.

Couldn’t agree more Kioli there seems to be a genuine passion and unity within the squad. I really hope Tino stays and Smith or Mahoney would thrive in that environment I’d reckon.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Coach Justin Holbrook ready for big pre-season
    Video https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...K1h9Ohy7ZLbvpg
    Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says his team is determined to get better this pre-season after last year's finals appearance.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Looks like Brian Kelly is still holding out. I think people should be able to choose and not be coerced into it. It's a shame society is being divided into two. Looks like a number of big names are still holding out. Not sure what will happen to Kelly and who would replace him. Interesting times ahead.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...891e2dcae66934
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Looks like Brian Kelly is still holding out. I think people should be able to choose and not be coerced into it. It's a shame society is being divided into two. Looks like a number of big names are still holding out. Not sure what will happen to Kelly and who would replace him. Interesting times ahead.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...891e2dcae66934
    My judgement kicks in when I hear "I'm not vaxxed because they're making me", well suffer the consequences. I don't believe in religious exceptions as it would also exclude you from many other pain relief and medical procedures that they've never had an issue with before. If his objection is based on misinformation then he needs to be educated.

If he can't complete his contractual obligations then the team needs to decide whether he will fulfil a need for the games he can play or if he is let go.

Christmas Party emails now headed out to members.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Marzhew ready to rumble into 2022
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ble-into-2022/

Greg Marzhew has had a taste of NRL action, now he wants to make himself a regular in the top grade.

The Titans winger spent the off-season with his family, with his partner welcoming their second child almost three months ago.

Now, back on the training paddock, Marzhew has his eyes set on claiming a spot on the wing for round one.

The 24-year-old managed eight games in his rookie season, scoring six tries and averaging a whopping 185 running metres per game.

While he impressed plenty in 2021, Marzhew knows he needs to first see off the challenge from hungry team-mates if he is to be in the starting side for the Titans first up clash against Parramatta in March.

“It’ll be competition and fighting for spots (during the pre-season) so I’m looking forward to the friendly competition there,” Marzhew said.

“It’s mainly been testing and gym but I think we get into the tough stuff now.

“I think our boys have the potential to go a long way so that is something to look forward to and try and be a part of.”

Fellow winger Corey Thompson returned to training early, with Marzhew saying it shows how excited the squad are to start planning for next season.

Although he did joke that Thompson’s early return did cramp his style somewhat.

“I thought I’d have those two weeks to get in with Justin and get in his good books but no,” Marzhew laughs.

“It’s great to see him (Thompson) back early though.”

Thompson and Marzhew were joined by other outside back contenders in Phil Sami, Esan Marsters, Patrick Herbert, Jojo Fifita and Alofiana Khan-Pereira in returning to the training paddock, with Brian Kelly due back shortly.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

That list of outside backs answers two questions: Kelly and Sami.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Didn't realise the Xmas party had limited numbers. Seems to be "sold out".

Junior

Toby Sexton jumped on the 42 Media podcast on spotify and had a good chat about his development and the Titans. Good listen if you have 52minutes to spare.

Pre-season injury report: squad returns in good shape
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...in-good-shape/

The majority of the Titans squad is back on the training paddock, and the good news for Members and fans is that they are fit, healthy and ready for a big pre-season.

Titans High Performance Manager Klint Hoare says he's really pleased with the condition the boys have returned in after their off-season break.

"It's great to be back in and preparing for season 2022," Hoare said.

"We had our Future Titans in from the first of November and also our train and triallists.

"They may have five weeks, some have 12 weeks and anywhere up to 20 weeks.

"Now we've got the big dogs back, the NRL boys, and they are sort of scaffolding their way back into pre-season training."

AJ Brimson is back on-field after missing the finals series last season with a jaw injury.

"AJ has been back a week now," Hoare said.

"He came back from the jaw injury raring to go. It was disappointing not to have him for the finals series but he has got a clean bill of health and he is looking forward to a really big pre-season."

Joe Vuna will have longer on the sidelines, with the second-rower injuring his knee during the Intrust Super Cup finals series.

"Disappointing for Joe, he went back to play for Tweed and he got a non-contact ACL injury," Hoare said.

"He's got a good twelve months ahead of him. We are hoping for a return in August in 2022. He has started his rehab and the operation was a success and he is moving now but it is going to be a progression."

Paul Turner (Warriors) and Aaron Booth (Storm) have both joined the Titans for pre-season and both are progressing well in their rehab from injuries sustained last season.

"Paul came in with a shoulder injury into the squad last year," Hoare said.

"He has gone through his rehab processes and now has picked up a little calf strain on his return.

"We are going to bring him back and filter him in over the next month and he will be back training with the full squad probably two weeks before our Christmas break.

"Boothy brings a great energy.

"He came back from a shoulder reconstruction. He is roughly about eight weeks post-op and he has been integrated now back into field running.

"He has been really diligent in his rehab and he was here pretty much every second day in the off-season getting physio."

Three's a charm for Jolliffe as he prepares for another pre-season
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...er-pre-season/

Jaimin Jolliffe's first pre-season at the Titans was about securing a spot as he arrived on a train and trial contract.

12 months later, it was about establishing himself as part of the 17 and building on his rookie season.

Now into pre-season number three on the Gold Coast, Jolliffe says he feels more prepared than ever to tackle the NRL season ahead.

"I feel like a real member of this squad now," Jolliffe said.

"I feel like I'm one of the older guys here now.

"I've had a few pre-seasons now and I've got that experience and there is a lot of young boys there so I'll try and encourage them and push them through it.

"I'll just enjoy it and do my best.

"I feel really good, I'm excited to be back and I'm ready to hook in with the boys.

"I just can't wait to get back playing actually.

"Everyone had come back really fit and strong so we are off to a head start but now it's pre-season and you've just got to do your best and try and cancel out the head noise."

Jolliffe and front row partner Jarrod Wallace were the only two Titans to play all 25-games last season.

The 25-year-old says that doesn't give him any advantages heading in to a pre-season, but his body is ready for the rigours of the months to come.

"I probably needed a few more weeks to rest up in the off-season (after playing every game)," he said.

"I did a bit of training in the off-season to make sure I wasn't far behind.

"The body feels really good now, the time off was good and it was needed and I can't wait to start playing."

While impressed with how the full squad has returned, Jolliffe says there are a couple of early standouts.

"Phil Sami has come back really fit and has done a lot of work in the off-season," Jolliffe said.

"Beau (Fermor) is always impressive, he is very strong and very fit.

"Overall I think the squad is in very good shape, it means you don't have to spend as much time catching up.

"We are ready to roll into the footy stuff and hook in.

"We're building nicely towards the season."