Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peer pressure. Love it.
    JB you're looking a bit unwell mate, should probably take tomorrow off. Maybe find an hour or so, preferrably mid morning, to get some fresh-air.

All the best with your recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    It is annoying that he was cheering the sharks on. I will say that he probably supports two teams with the sharks being his favourite. His dad was a sharks great and he also played for them. He would have grown up with sharks being his favourite team before the titans existed. Rogers has often been in the media trying to help out with the titans and also played his heart out for our team.

Rogers and presto were some of my favourite players so I have a soft spot for them
    100% can see that. But I question his wanting a job at the GC because this is where he lives or because he wants to help the Titans. It's basically the same thing that pees me off about Mal but to top it off Mal isn't even on the GC.

Anyway, up both their butts because we are in the finals at the expense of both their teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    JB you're looking a bit unwell mate, should probably take tomorrow off. Maybe find an hour or so, preferrably mid morning, to get some fresh-air.

All the best with your recovery
    I'm 100% there. *cough cough* I registered on the website to go so not sure if you need a confirmation but I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    100% can see that. But I question his wanting a job at the GC because this is where he lives or because he wants to help the Titans. It's basically the same thing that pees me off about Mal but to top it off Mal isn't even on the GC.

Anyway, up both their butts because we are in the finals at the expense of both their teams.

Future employment probably plays a part in his behaviour. Sucked in to the raiders and sharks. I really dislike Ricky Stuart and and pumped about the raiders not making it in

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 100% there. *cough cough* I registered on the website to go so not sure if you need a confirmation but I'm going.

Unforgivable seeing Rogers in the crowd cheering on the Sharks to win which would have effectively knocked us out of finals contention. I could never see Preston doing that. Should be allowed nowhere near this club after that, perhaps he should go work with the Sharks instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Unforgivable seeing Rogers in the crowd cheering on the Sharks to win which would have effectively knocked us out of finals contention. I could never see Preston doing that. Should be allowed nowhere near this club after that, perhaps he should go work with the Sharks instead.
    This anti-Mat Rogers stuff is top 3 worst things this fanbase has engaged in imo. Rogers is a Titans legend but his name is also Cronulla royalty, he even explained so on Instagram, in which he also confirmed he'll be cheering the boys this weekend. Matty put his body on the line for this club in his later years, he wont get any criticism from me for throwing on his and his father's jersey for one game.

Inactive User

When re retired he said he “Would be Titans for life”.
    Cheering for us to not make the 8 doesn’t do it for me.
    He lives here, he’s bringing up his family here.
    It was sour.

Video from Mat Rogers instagram addressing him being at CBUS cheering the Sharks, and the backlash from Titans fans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiW5c4hIlP/

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    This anti-Mat Rogers stuff is top 3 worst things this fanbase has engaged in imo. Rogers is a Titans legend but his name is also Cronulla royalty, he even explained so on Instagram, in which he also confirmed he'll be cheering the boys this weekend. Matty put his body on the line for this club in his later years, he wont get any criticism from me for throwing on his and his father's jersey for one game.
    Does no one else want to know what the other two are?

I do

- - - Updated - - -

Video from Mat Rogers instagram addressing him being at CBUS cheering the Sharks, and the backlash from Titans fans:

Loves the Sharks, supports the Titans.

I love my wife, but I need to support my girlfriend, is that kind of the same thing?

That video was exactly what I was getting at. He has sharks in his DNA but also supports the titans. Great to hear that he sacrificed cash when the titans asked him to and also he put his body in the line for this club. Everyone is nostalgic of the good times when the titans started. He was a big reason that we did well.

Good on Matty for wearing his heart on his sleeve…still a Titan legend.
    Sure it made me feel a little awkward but in reality it’s not all about me/us.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    When re retired he said he “Would be Titans for life”.
    Cheering for us to not make the 8 doesn’t do it for me.
    He lives here, he’s bringing up his family here.
    It was sour.
    Absolutely shocked that this is even an issue. There are others on this forum who are in two minds when Manly and Titans play but
    A. To harrass anyone due their choices and
    B. To not recognise Rogers long history with the Sharks and his efforts for the Titans is beyond the pale.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Absolutely shocked that this is even an issue. There are others on this forum who are in two minds when Manly and Titans play but
    B. To not recognise Rogers long history with the Sharks and his efforts for the Titans is beyond the pale.
    Are you accusing me of harassing him? That’s news to me that I’ve harassed him. Anyway I’m not alone by a long shot. It was very disappointing for the faithful. It cut.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-09-21 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    For me it plays out like this. If I worked for Mitre 10 once and then used to work at Bunnings and then left and then applied for multiple jobs at Bunnings because they were in my neighbourhood would I turn up for the job interview wearing a Mitre 10 shirt? If I did what would be the likely outcome?

Now if I didn't apply for jobs at Bunnings no one would care what shirt I was wearing, but I'm applying to sit on the board so I think it matters.

Receiving accolades for his efforts at the Sharks and being feted by them is not the issue, he’s earned that right on many levels but publicly and ecstatically cheering against the Titans core interests at our own ground and his own backyard is crossing the line. I knew his old man well and Matt has bbq’d at my place, he is not excommunicated but I’ve let him know what I think of his choices. He knows people are peeved.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I’m worried about Radley and Hargreaves coming back for the game. Hopefully our pack can match it and radley might get sin binned again.