Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Fair enough, everyone is upset, but some awful takes here.

Call Thompson a *******. He should have received the ball before Herbert went into contact

The ridiculous take that Fogarty should have setup for the field goal. WTF

Just as ridiculous the comments about Fermor.

C’mon guys.

We all wanted to win, but lets be proud of the effort of the boys. To be honest we weren’t troubling Melbourne or Penrith this final series and this will give our guys the hunger to get back there next year and not feel like they feel now.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I re-watched it and I was a little harsh sorry JB. Tedesco did well to shepherd them towards the sidelines.

Let’s stay positive guys. We nearly had them! A lot of tough calls went against us and we made more handling errors than I can remember in the past two seasons, yet we were in the competition till the very end. We definitely deserved to be there.
    All good. Just sooo disappointed right now.

We'll be better for it next year. Our halves did absolutely nothing. Only having one kicker really hurts too. I still don't get it unless Ash had a falling out.

Banned

Rewatched the sam walker field goal

That wall was illegal

If its me next time I'm running straight at the wall with my head aiming at the other person head to knock them out
    So the ref will see

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Fair enough, everyone is upset, but some awful takes here.

Call Thompson a *******. He should have received the ball before Herbert went into contact

The ridiculous take that Fogarty should have setup for the field goal. WTF

Just as ridiculous the comments about Fermor.

C’mon guys.

We all wanted to win, but lets be proud of the effort of the boys. To be honest we weren’t troubling Melbourne or Penrith this final series and this will give our guys the hunger to get back there next year and not feel like they feel now.
    Fair enough, just hate seeing a team mate give someone a spray when the offload was ill timed but there for the winning try too. The spray with the loss set me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Fair enough, just hate seeing a team mate give someone a spray when the offload was ill timed but there for the winning try too. The spray with the loss set me off.
    I love Herbert but he all he had to do was either pass it to Fifita who would have more than likely muscled his way over the line, pass to Thompson who would have fallen over the line or taken the tackle and then let Fifita score from dummy half. So many options yet he chose to take the selfish route.

Inactive User

I was saying all week this referee has serious issues with our club and community. The entire Roosters team were offside at that last play of the match and the Sydney Referee Adam Gee doesn't penalise it. Remember the name he’s a cheat.

Any other time of the game and any other team and it’s a penalty in front of the posts

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyway, if CT wants to give a spray then he is just as culpable for not catching the offload. Any number of options were there, that was one.
    It’s surprisingly difficult to catch a ball that gets thrown 2 metres behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I love Herbert but he all he had to do was either pass it to Fifita who would have more than likely muscled his way over the line, pass to Thompson who would have fallen over the line or taken the tackle and then let Fifita score from dummy half. So many options yet he chose to take the selfish route.
    100%. Selfish. He went the low percentage play and neither person on his outside was ready for the low chance offload.

Not sure how many of us travelled from the GC and what not but I thought the best part was hearing the crowd really behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I was saying all week this referee has serious issues with our club and community. The entire Roosters team were offside at that last play of the match and the Sydney Referee Adam Gee doesn't penalise it. Remember the name he’s a cheat.

Any other time of the game and any other team and it’s a penalty in front of the posts
    I didn't notice any of that. Fact is the game was there for the taking and we blew it...kind a like a few games this year actually.

Banned

I think members should not use ableist terminology like *******

Shame on you

You're right with all options but we should have scored the play before. Between them Sami and Fermor buggered it up. Didn't Fermor do something similar a few weeks back. However he is getting himself in the right places so I think he has been a shining light this season.
    On reflection, to be in that game with a fb that can't tackle (yes I'll give him time) and lousy halves, we did well.

Inactive User

I didn't notice any of that. Fact is the game was there for the taking and we blew it.
    Go take a look everyone from the play the ball across to in front of the sticks don’t go to the try line and get onside
    No advantage to us, penalty under the posts.
    Game over.

First Grader

The players had a big dig which is all we can ask for. Before that try butchered by Herbert I thought he was one of the better players tonight. Hopefully he will learn from this. Hopefully Proctor will be in ISC next year as he was a passenger from the kick off.