Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You're right with all options but we should have scored the play before. Between them Sami and Fermor buggered it up. Didn't Fermor do something similar a few weeks back. However he is getting himself in the right places so I think he has been a shining light this season.
    On reflection, to be in that game with a fb that can't tackle (yes I'll give him time) and lousy halves, we did well.
    I'm not sure how Fermor & Sami buggered it up though? Fermor made the break, Sami was on his outside but even if Fermor passes to Sami earlier it looked as though Teddy had him covered anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I was saying all week this referee has serious issues with our club and community. The entire Roosters team were offside at that last play of the match and the Sydney Referee Adam Gee doesn't penalise it. Remember the name he’s a cheat.

Any other time of the game and any other team and it’s a penalty in front of the posts
    Gee was hopeless but no ref would have penalised that on last play in a final. Just doesn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'm not sure how Fermor & Sami buggered it up though? Fermor made the break, Sami was on his outside but even if Fermor passes to Sami earlier it looked as though Teddy had him covered anyway?
    Well pass it, get Teddy to commit and then pass back to Fermor, if Sami was caught. Easy for me to say though.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Gee was hopeless but no ref would have penalised that on last play in a final. Just doesn't happen.
    Oh what garbage. If 5 players or more are offside and no advantage is taken it’s a penalty everyday of the week in min1 or min80.
    The guy cheated our club, our kids, our community.
    Don’t ever forget.
    ADAM GEE.

Super proud.

Thoughts are with Patty Herbert right now, he'll be as gutted as anyone else in this forum or online, hope the guys can get around him, was one of our best this season and won't deserve any of the criticism firing his way after tonight.

A bit of perspective required. Yes, we are all devastated we don’t go on to next week, but let’s remember we are devastated after going blow for blow with the Roosters and had a golden chance to win it at the end.

Just 2 seasons ago we were -

Coming off a disastrous season under Brennan

Finished with the spoon

Had a for/against of nearly -300

Now, 2 years later we have -

Made the 8

Had 4 young players (on long term deals) play origin

Got a budding 21 y/o superstar in Campbell

I for one will go into next season full of hope. We still have questions in our spine but our future looks bright.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 11-09-21 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Super proud.

Thoughts are with Patty Herbert right now, he'll be as gutted as anyone else in this forum or online, hope the guys can get around him, was one of our best this season and won't deserve any of the criticism firing his way after tonight.
    I'm not even too angry with him or the team either. Did well to make it this far. Yeah Herbert ****ed up but he's been one of our best all year. More annoyed with the likes of Kelly and Wallace who make the same errors and brainsnaps every single week, and Tino, fix your handling errors for the love of God.

I doubt we'd have threatened any of Melbourne or Penrith in the GF anyway, and we would have had to get through Manly then whoever the week after that to make it anyway.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-09-21 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Super proud.

Herbert was a absolute beast tonight. He made a stupid choice at the end but he played like a man possessed

I am pretty gutted. However we really had a dig and I am happy with how Holbrook is developing this squad. We gave them a real touch up and they definitely will get pumped next week. Just to be in the situation that we almost snatched that game was credit enough that the boys responded to the coach. Kelly was immense tonight, in fact they all were. I agree with bodsie on the "soccer wall". I noticed and said the same thing.

Yeah, agree with the sentiment around Herbert's contribution for most of the game. Tried his heart out and was one of our better players. That final play will keep him up at night and will unfortunately be all that a lot of people remember from his performance. He'll be absolutely shattered.

Please don't stand for online bullying and if you see some of the hateful comments going his way on any platform, call it out. It's happening in a big way already with people on social media tagging him in posts to make personal attacks and I'd hate to see some of the vile messages he's getting in his inbox.

Need to see a better angle of Teddy in that break but do we score “Benji 2005” style if Sami goes under earlier?? So many ifs. Feel for the boys after that effort. Toughest way to end the season.

Fogarty played great tonight and directed the team really well around the park.
    Our forward pack played really well except for the dumb stuff from tino and Wallace. Moe, Wallace and Tino without the errors are a great starting pack.
    Our bench was strong and really worked hard. Lisone always seems to make an impact even though he doesn’t make a lot of meters. He generally hurts someone and does a nice pass or two.
    Our backline played well but Sami should be replaced by marzhew. Kelly and Herbert were really strong.
    That was a brutal ending but we will be better for the experience. We really ended the year on a high and should be proud of the game tonight

At least Fermor didn't put it on the boot. We can all be thankful for that.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah, agree with the sentiment around Herbert's contribution for most of the game. Tried his heart out and was one of our better players. That final play will keep him up at night and will unfortunately be all that a lot of people remember from his performance. He'll be absolutely shattered.

Please don't stand for online bullying and if you see some of the hateful comments going his way on any platform, call it out. It's happening in a big way already with people on social media tagging him in posts to make personal attacks and I'd hate to see some of the vile messages he's getting in his inbox.
    Unfortunately this and Twitter and the Suns Forum is the totality of my social media. What platforms is this happening on???

As for Adam Gee he’s getting the Pereneum treatment off me for the rest of his career.

I'm real proud of the boys now that I've composed my thoughts, I think they all tried there heart out but need to work on their composure/decision making in clutch plays. We have lost to Newcastle, Roosters x2, Storm all in final minutes clutch plays to win the game.

I hope the boys remember this day and don't make the same mistakes next season. Start the games with energy, move forward off the defensive line, support play, early ball movements.

I hope we see more stability in the team next season and work out who our 5/8 is sooner rather than later. Coach has to decide if we are going with Fogarty or Sexton. Proctor should not be starting in second row, put McIntyre or Fifita in there.

Think the gems for this season were definitely the emergence of Jayden Campbell, Beau Fermor, Greg Marzhew, Sexton. Also think Jolifee, McIntyre, Lisone, Herbert also played above expectations.

Think Mo Thompson and Wallace played their best seasons yet. Either way happy we made it this far, but the journey is not over this young team is just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Unfortunately this and Twitter and the Suns Forum is the totality of my social media. What platforms is this happening on???

As for Adam Gee he’s getting the Pereneum treatment off me for the rest of his career.
    You seen the wall before the FG was illegal Bodsy haha