Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Rd 25 Charges: Fines for Titans, lengthy bans for Warriors
    Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Mon 6 Sep 2021, 12:55 PM

Titans trio Mitch Rein (dangerous contact), Jarrod Wallace (contrary conduct) and Jamal Fogarty (dangerous throw) have avoided suspensions leading into Saturday's final with the Roosters and can all accept fines after each receiving Grade 1 charges.

After an emotional game on the Gold Coast, the Titans can now focus on week one of the finals with all three available for selection.

For the Titans opponents on the weekend, the Warriors prop Kane Evans is facing a combined seven matches on the sidelines after being charged with two offences in Sunday's loss to the Titans.

Evans was handed a grade-one dangerous contact head/neck charge for an incident in the 53rd minute on Beau Fermor as well as a grade-two contrary conduct offence for his part in the melee which broke out in the 65th minute.

Due to his poor judiciary record of four offences in the past two years, he is facing 2-3 matches for the first charge and 3-4 games for his part in the fight.

Even if he submits early guilty pleas, carryover points mean he will still accrue a six-game ban.

Rookie fullback Reece Walsh was charged with contrary conduct and could also be missing the Warriors' next game in 2022 while lock Jazz Tevaga can accept a fine of $1900-$2250 for the same offence.

Warriors teammate Matthew Lodge was also charged with dangerous contact for the incident which sparked the melee and if facing a one-match ban irrespective of whether he submits an early guilty plea, evading a two-game suspension by three demerit points.

Some food for thought and who would want to be the coach:

1. Thompson or Marzhew on Tupou?
    2. Sami or Thompson on Ikavalu?
    3. AJ or JC in attack v AJ or JC in defense = who?
    4. Peachey or Taylor at 6?
    5. Fogarty or Sexton at 7?
    6. Start Fifita?
    7. Play him left or right?
    8. Proctor cameo or Lisone?
    9. One hooker or two?
    10. And if one which one?

Add the bench make-up and rotation … it will be an interesting week.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-09-21 at 08:09 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The only possible change for me could be AJ in for Clark to add another dimension.
    Please don’t f@ck with it Hurricane

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    The only possible change for me could be AJ in for Clark to add another dimension.
    Please don’t f@ck with it Hurricane
    I do like this idea but then I thi K if ajs fit to play chuck him in at 6 straight away don't leave him on the bench and wait for Peachey and Wallace and proctor to give away 6 against and the games over before Aj comes on, same with fifita if Walker starts fifita has to as well run at him all game

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I do like this idea but then I thi K if ajs fit to play chuck him in at 6 straight away don't leave him on the bench and wait for Peachey and Wallace and proctor to give away 6 against and the games over before Aj comes on, same with fifita if Walker starts fifita has to as well run at him all game
    Mate last week was best anyone has played in the 6 jersey all year so why the hell would we change that.
    I think Hurricane has got him coming on nicely and I'd expect him to step it up again this week…gives us a little xfactor.

Inactive User

He’s named Proctor again
    McIntyre the unlucky one

Unlucky alright I thought he was very good last week

McIntyre drops out of the 17. I'd have him over Proctor.

For many reasons I’m offended by that change not the least of which is Pepsi will be playing his edge-clogging cameo busted. Furthermore playing the smallest wing, on his least preferred side, against the tallest in the comp seems a tad ambitious, no matter how much I admire CT. Otherwise it is what it is and my condolences go to McIntyre whose only fault is playing behind a protected species.

But no matter what it will be great experience for the squad, a boost for our sponsors, a nudge for our fickle fans and I just can’t wait to do a JB and stick it to Les Tetes de Coq.
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-09-21 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    McIntyre drops out of the 17. I'd have him over Proctor.
    Easily. Was good on the weekend too.

Ok with the rest. I'm a Marz4life boy but our wing options and have given us good defensive cohesion in on the edges in recent weeks and Herbert looks more comfortable with CT's communication.

Lessgooo

I rarely disagree with you HS but the Seal was exposed against a woeful Warriors last weekend before the fracas and I’d much rather have CT on that wing but them’s the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I rarely disagree with you HS but the Seal was exposed against a woeful Warriors last weekend before the fracas and I’d much rather have CT on that wing but them’s the breaks.
    That nickname just has to stick. So good

Would you flip CT and Sami to opposite sides? Seeing Montoya jump over CT will have Tupou a lil excited

Where do the Roosters score most of their points? I'm too busy staring at Isaac Liu whenever they play to really notice
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 07-09-21 at 04:12 PM.

BundyTitan for the win

Uh oh...it's Adam Gee.

Rep Player

Don’t agree with the team, don’t agree with Proctor waltzing straight in and don’t like some of the match ups….but for this week in our first trip to the finals in 5 years…**** it. Whoever lines up I hope they run hard, tackle relentlessly and we give the no salary cap having cocks a flogging