Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    What was the injury? He has been out over a year now.
    Snapped his achilles in pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    People who have seen him play tell me that he is an exceptional No.9 prospect. I am really keen to read Mr. Drew’s opinion of his potential
    Have seen a fair bit of Vaka. He's good but I wouldn't lean into exceptional. Lacking a few things from his game before I'd personally put him in that category amongst other 9's in the same age group. Easy player to like though. Plays direct, runs well, hits like a truck.

Personally the hooker in the Titans system I am most excited about is Tanu Nona. But between Vaka, Oskar Bryant, and Nona, we've got a pipeline there that we haven't really had before. Hopefully at least one can be a solution at 9 eventually.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Have seen a fair bit of Vaka. He's good but I wouldn't lean into exceptional. Lacking a few things from his game before I'd personally put him in that category amongst other 9's in the same age group. Easy player to like though. Plays direct, runs well, hits like a truck.

Personally the hooker in the Titans system I am most excited about is Tanu Nona. But between Vaka, Oskar Bryant, and Nona, we've got a pipeline there that we haven't really had before. Hopefully at least one can be a solution at 9 eventually.
    Pretty well agree with every word that HS has said, Tanu Nona does not have the name of the other two but is as good.

Like HS I think that Vaka is a good prospect and for me will (if he gets there) be the first of the three to be NRL ready from a physical perspective.

FYI - Klese Haas has signed for 2 years with the NRL squad. Unsure if Dev or 30, will find out.

Congratulations to Klese.

FYI - Klese Haas has signed for 2 years with the NRL squad. Unsure if Dev or 30, will find out.

Great news

First Grader

From what I have seen he is an absolute gun

Very uncomfortable hearing the 360 clique discussing Holbrooks tenure. If we are going down the development pathway then we need to stick at it, despite all the moaning. Somebody smarter than me said “Rome wasn’t built in a day”.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Very uncomfortable hearing the 360 clique discussing Holbrooks tenure. If we are going down the development pathway then we need to stick at it, despite all the moaning. Somebody smarter than me said “Rome wasn’t built in a day”.
    They said too that we are considering punting Holbrook and going for Paul Green? Frizelle reckons Holbrook is completely safe, don't know where that would have come from

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    They said too that we are considering punting Holbrook and going for Paul Green? Frizelle reckons Holbrook is completely safe, don't know where that would have come from
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just made that up

They also said JC has an exit clause in his contract which expires at the "end of 2023" (it's actually 2024). They've got form of just completely making stuff up on the spot to make it more interesting

Don’t mind Anasta but Kent and Riccio are complete wankas.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

On that note of the media bull****ting whatever they want to for clicks, is anyone able to post the article from today about the Broncos saying they don’t want Fifita?

Only gotta look at how Kent carried on over Anthony Maroon from Triple M. Childish

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    On that note of the media bull****ting whatever they want to for clicks, is anyone able to post the article from today about the Broncos saying they don’t want Fifita?
    Gold Coast Titans star David Fifita could be set for an exit from the club at the end of the 2023 season, but he won't be heading back to the Brisbane Broncos.

That is the revelation made by director of football Ben Ikin, who has said the club are more focused on developing their own young players.

Broncos fans have every right to be excited

The Broncos have turned things around in dramatic style this year under Ikin's recruitment approach, which saw the club bring in Adam Reynolds and Kurt Capewell over the off-season.

Now sitting on the edge of the top four on the back of five straight victories, the men from Red Hill have turned around back-to-back bottom four seasons in dramatic circumstances.

Fifita, who joined the Titans ahead of the 2021 season after playing his first 44 games for the Broncos between 2018 and 2020, has struggled to find form in 2022 or live up to his million dollar per season deal.

Slated as a potential to return from injury this weekend after being named in the reserves, News Corp are reporting he would need to take an enormous pay cut to head back to his first club.

With it unlikely the Titans will retain the star second rower beyond the end of 2022, Fifita may well need to find a new club, with Ikin telling the publication that the Broncos have a focus on developing their own talent, which includes TC Robati, Jordan Riki and Brendan Piakura, who are all fighting for one spot alongside the experienced former Panther Kurt Capewell.

“At this stage we are committed to developing the players we’ve got,” Ikin said.

“While David Fifita is an enormous talent, no one can deny that, we are focused on getting the most out of the players that currently sit in our top 30.

So well stocked in the second row are Brisbane that Keenan Palasia had to shift to the middle third this season, joining a stacked rotation alongside Payne Haas, Patrick Carrigan, Corey Jensen and Thomas Flegler.

That is a move that has worked however, with Palasia among Brisbane's best during the early rounds, and now playing valuable minutes off the bench in Walters' side.

It's understood no side in the competition will pay a million dollars per season for Fifita, as he has been earning at the Titans, although it's believed the Dolphins and inaugural coach Wayne Bennett are showing interest in acquiring the barnstorming forward's services.

As per zero tackle

Source Titans Website.

Haas to join Titans full-time from 2023

Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Thu 26 May 2022, 12:04 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    Gold Coast junior Klese Haas is set to join the Titans for the next two years after getting a taste of first grade rugby league with the club this season.

Experiencing NRL with a train-and-trial contract in 2022 and having an exciting stint in a trial against the Broncos in the pre-season, the 19-year-old will join the club on a full-time basis until the end of 2024 after continuing to impress Titans coaching staff, in action for Tweed in the QRL’s Hastings Deering Colts competition.

The younger brother of Broncos and Origin front row enforcer Payne, Haas is a versatile edge forward who also has the ability to play in the centres and has been among the points-scorers in the Under 21 competition, which has included an extraordinary hat-trick against Burleigh earlier in the year.

Hat-trick Haas Hat-trick Haas

Hat-trick Haas
    Titans coach Justin Holbrook is looking forward to the Keebra Park alumni joining the club in a full-time capacity next season.

“Klese is an exciting Gold Coast junior who has been impressive during his recent train-and-trial stint here at the Titans. He ha has a great worth ethic and continually works really hard to improve his game,” Holbrook said.

“He’s got some classy footwork and skill, and we’re really excited to have him join the club from next season, especially as a local Gold Coast kid who has progressed through our Future Titans pathways program.”

Haas will officially begin his full-time contract at the Titans from November 1.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

That clickbait title