Page 77 of 143 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2136

Hahahahaha, why would you even click on it. Morons

News.com.au

Obviously haven't got enough insta, only fans accounts or hot stop/go girls to promote this week. Thought they'd try their hand at sports

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Hahahahaha, why would you even click on it. Morons

News.com.au

Obviously haven't got enough insta, only fans accounts or hot stop/go girls to promote this week. Thought they'd try their hand at sports
    I know this is the wrong thread but do we have any other depth in the second row (specifically good defensive 2nd rower)?? I know McIntyre can slot in there, I don't want to see Proctor at all in the 17. I think Fifita coming off the bench last year was working, I would love to see him play 80 but we are just not getting results with him there. I don't know the answer... hopefully it is just some cohesion issues, but when do we say it's not working him starting and bring him on after 20mins

I do really feel bad for David Fifita and the stuff he has to cop from the media

No surprise Fox Sports, who have been milking the footage his try vs the Eels for clicks, have now posted this with the classic “staff writers” as the author
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-04-22 at 07:13 PM.

Maybe they should run down the right side instead of the left all the time and he would get more ball.. i watched on the weekend and it was like they were avoiding him alot

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I do really feel bad for David Fifita and the stuff he has to cop from the media

No surprise Fox Sports, who have been milking the footage his try vs the Eels for clicks, have now posted this with the classic “staff writers” as the author
    * Andrew Fifita

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread but do we have any other depth in the second row (specifically good defensive 2nd rower)?? I know McIntyre can slot in there, I don't want to see Proctor at all in the 17. I think Fifita coming off the bench last year was working, I would love to see him play 80 but we are just not getting results with him there. I don't know the answer... hopefully it is just some cohesion issues, but when do we say it's not working him starting and bring him on after 20mins
    He has shown this year that fitness is not an issue with playing 80. If we have a set attacking their line and he isn't on the field, it's a completely wasted opportunity. I don't know how people can blame him for not getting involved, I saw him taking hit ups early in the sets, and even took a run on the first when we were pinned right on our line. I'm not sure if it's a halves issue, or a coaching issue, but it's not his fault that he's not getting much ball, and not getting good ball.

First Grader

You generally find that most teams attack down the left side due to the fact players pass the ball better right to left. Combined with the fact that AJ is on the left and would be the dominant half I would suggest (without any stats to back it up) that more plays go down our left than right and combined with the inexperienced Toby, that David is getting less good ball than one would hope. The issue is what to do about it and it is both a coaching and perseverance issue to get David more ball in better positions rather than currently receiving the ball in the limited times he gets the ball when 3 defenders are already on top of you.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    The security guard from Saturday night is in talks with the club.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    You generally find that most teams attack down the left side due to the fact players pass the ball better right to left. Combined with the fact that AJ is on the left and would be the dominant half I would suggest (without any stats to back it up) that more plays go down our left than right and combined with the inexperienced Toby, that David is getting less good ball than one would hope. The issue is what to do about it and it is both a coaching and perseverance issue to get David more ball in better positions rather than currently receiving the ball in the limited times he gets the ball when 3 defenders are already on top of you.
    Agreed

Teams are double and triple teaming him, meeting him when he gets the ball. Our attack drifts across the field and no one attempts to straighten it up to hold the defensive line to put him through half a gap. We have had a couple of opportunities with with the opposition reduced to 12 and we still can't find a way to develop an overlap. It's not Fiftas fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Spot on

Clark to Sexton yawn to Fifita … the service is slow and erratic … I don’t blame him either but it’s a bad look … plus Herbert didn’t give him THAT ball … a very bad look.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We still dont have a hooker that can pass left to right........

QLD Cup

I was at the game last week (first time for me in a while) and agree with all of the comments on this page. Clarke’s decision making at times is bad as as well. There was a play in the second half when we worked toward the right post about 20m out and had a fast play the ball and we decided to dummy right and swing back left. Fafita just threw his hands in the air.

It just looks clunky out there. We don’t have the same continuity as last year. Our players always seems to be a step or two of of position, which I think comes down to a few things:
    - Clarkes service is not as good as Reins
    - Sextons organisational skills aren’t quite the same as Fogarty’s
    - Not as much ball playing in the middle with Tino there

I think the key to unlocking Fafita on the right edge is Campbell. He moves really well to the right with his right foot step. Campbell needs to focus on straightening then playing short to Fafita. I’ve been really unimpressed with Isaako since he joined and don’t see any point in using him for anything more than injury cover.

Summary of the weekend's games featuring the extended squad (and some of the JTS boys that we saw feature in the trial)

Tweed def. Burleigh in Qcup

Tweed:
    -Jojo Fifita (right wing) scored a double. Had a couple of errors where he got a bit lost in some broken/loose play with a bouncing ball. Just RL experience stuff. Tough runs, plenty of effort but I still think he needs some variation. He's just tucking and running at the chest of the opposition like a prop but on the wing. Defends tough though - hits and sticks well. His centre really cannot pass the ball.
    -Paul Turner (fullback) played his best game yet. They gave him penty of early ball and he was causing Burleigh all kinds of problems. 1 linebreak, 1 linbereak assist, 2 try assists. I really like him. He did however get binned in the 75th minute for slapping the opposition halfback. Lol.
    -Sam Lisone was excellent. Looked a class above to be honest with plenty of enthusiasm. His ballplaying was creating heaps of space for Tweed to play off. Was the best middle on the park imo.

Burleigh:
    -Lofi Khan-Pereira (left wing) was opposite Jojo. Obviously conceded 2 tries, moreso down to Tweed's shape finding an overlap for Jojo to score in the corner. Was a defensive breakdown with 3 and 4 man rather than Lofi directly. On attack he's getting run out of space a bit by his centre, and had a pretty spectacular finish denied for a forward pass in the leadup. A pretty quiet game overall with limited opportunities.
    -Tony Francis (right wing) also had limited opportunities, didn't have Esan inside him (must have had covid) and so that edge didn't get much ball. Safe under the high ball, carried heavy with good post contact. He's been consistent and is probably the one who is surprising the most given how well he's handling playing against men. Want to see him playing that level in his preferred centre position.
    -Herman Ese'ese was busy, topped their run metres. Missed zero tackles. Bit slow around the ruck and his inside pressure is a bit lazy.
    -Jacob Alick (left backrow) has some unique skills as a backrower. Moves in a kind of unorthodox way, tall and rangey, is an option under the high-ball, left foot step. Scored a try. Missed a few tackles though and needs to tidy that up.

Tweed defeated Burleigh in HDC (U21's)

A whole bunch of Titans boys but notably Tom Weaver, Jaylan De Groot, Klese Haas, Ben Liyou, Oskar Bryant who all played in the trial v the Broncos. All played well, Klese Haas probably the standout - scored a hatrick and just looked bigger/stronger/faster than anyone trying to tackle him. Probably best game I've seen Klese play, ever. Needs to back it up.

Immortal

Totally agree mate, Klese Haas was the best player on the field and looked a different player from last season, including bigger, stronger and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tweed defeated Burleigh in HDC (U21's)

A whole bunch of Titans boys but notably Tom Weaver, Jaylan De Groot, Klese Haas, Ben Liyou, Oskar Bryant who all played in the trial v the Broncos. All played well, Klese Haas probably the standout - scored a hatrick and just looked bigger/stronger/faster than anyone trying to tackle him. Probably best game I've seen Klese play, ever. Needs to back it up.