Page 74 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2136

The guy can’t get a break … hope he has a full recovery
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I don’t want to take away from the seriousness of the issue and I hope the best for treymain in his recovery but it pisses me off that this is as big an nrl story as any but there is only one article on it. If it was the broncos there would be thousands.
    Yep agreed mate, GC Channel 9 news couldn’t even give him a mention. I know not many people would know who he is but something this significant deserves a mention. If it was a star player it would be talked about non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I don’t want to take away from the seriousness of the issue and I hope the best for treymain in his recovery but it pisses me off that this is as big an nrl story as any but there is only one article on it. If it was the broncos there would be thousands.
    That’s a good point. If an nrl player bumped into someone it would be a big SCANDAL posted over every newspaper

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The guy can’t get a break … hope he has a full recovery
    My best wishes for his speedy recovery. I look forward to seeing him steaming down the touchline in the future.

While not new, the culture of violence in our society is something that sporting groups would do well to continue to address.

It does explain the Isaako signing.

That is such an alarming piece of news about Treymain. I am shocked. Get better soon mate. And like everyone else here I share their support of you returning to the field with all your potential realised.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Feeder club wrap up from the weekend. My thoughts:

Tweed def. Sunny Coast (Melbourne feeder)
    -Sam Mac played prop. Solid.
    -Paul Turner played fullback again and was very busy on & off the ball. His footwork through the middle is a nightmare for tiring forwards.
    -Jojo Fifita again lined up on the wing and was solid. Heavy carries, high work rate and getting a bit more confidence with the ball now. What stood out for me was his defensive plays - high urgency, solid & aggressive contact. Good decision making. Made a few try savers.

Burleigh def. Townsville Blackhawks (Cowboys feeder)
    -Jacob Alick was good bar a few errors. Scored a nice individual try. Defensively looked efficient. Stats showed 147m run, 21 tackles with 1 missed.

-Tony Francis was good again on the wing. Showed good strength to score the match winner in the last minute. Also had a ~70m linebreak after breaking through from a 20m tap but was chased down just short of the line. Gaining confidence. Ended with 193m, 2 line breaks and 7 tackle breaks.

-Iszack Fa'asuamaleaui made his Qcup debut. Was busy, carried strong and worked hard defensivey. Should've scored but had one disallowed. He's got some of Tino's traits - always working on & off the ball, looks detail oriented, and carries the ball the same way (that hit & spin motion to find his front). Good first hitout for him. Played only 29 minutes but in that time ran for 93m from 9 runs (45 post contact). Made 16 tackles, 1 miss.

-Not currently contracted, but former Titans junior Tristan Powell was very good too. He had a bit of an underwhelming 2021 and subsequently did not have his contract exteded, but he looks to be coming along. 27 tackles made (1 missed), ran for 180m (83m post-contact). Not bad for a young prop.

edit - updated with stats.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 28-03-22 at 01:30 PM.

EELS IDENTIFY NEXT TARGET TO FILL BACKLINE VOID

The Eels are set to make a play for out of favour Titans back Esan Marsters in a bid to help the club with a backline crisis.

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Adrian Proszenko reported on SEN radio that the Eels have switched focus to Marsters after missing out on former Broncos turned Titans fullback Jamayne Isaako.

Marsters once promising career at the Tigers stalled when he moved to the Cowboys in 2020, playing just 15 games over two seasons before a switch to the Titans last year where he has played just five games.

The Eels are in the midst of a backline injury crisis, with Haze Dunster ruled out for the year, Sean Russell indefinitely, while Maika Sivo is not expected back until mid-season.

“They have been looking for someone because they are obviously very short in the outside backs with Blake Ferguson leaving and then Sean Russell and Haze Dunster being out for the year and Maika Sivo being unavailable until the middle of the year,” Proszenko said on SEN radio.

“A little bit of mail is that Esan Marsters is someone that they are interested in potentially getting to come across.

“Parramatta see something in him. They think he can play centre and wing, but he is probably big enough to play back row if need be.

“Watch this space. They are prepared to offer him this year and next year if they can get him straight away.”

Marsters scored nine tries in 24 games for the Tigers in 2019 and has scored 20 tries in 81 NRL games as well as six Tests for New Zealand.

Marsters is down the pecking order at the Titans after again being named in the reserves this weekend, with Corey Thompson returning early from injury to replace Greg Marzhew, and Jamayne Isaako coming in for Jayden Campbell at fullback.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...fa4c2ec6e3fa97
    Psmitty

Rep Player

We don't have the centre depth to even entertain this idea. What do we gain from letting him go early? If Herbert goes down, who replaces him?

Would be a pity to lose Marsters who I feel is very under-rated but I wouldn't blame him. I selfishly hope the club doesn't release him though. Shows how much interest the media has in the Titans when they haven't noted Sami is out rather than Marzhew.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Last year I would have hi-fived Parra and said see you later. This year we still haven't found our feet and with Spry's injuries and a lack of replacement centres (unless we push Sami or Fermor into the centres) there aren't any back ups.

Marsters was a great pickup when we got him for some ready-made NRL depth and i'd be disappointed if the club let him go early. Can't afford superstars in every position and the top 30 needs to be filled strategically. Hard to get much better for a low-cost depth option. Be disappointed if he was let go.

First Grader

Yep definitely would be disappointed with the club if we let him go, just this week has shown how quickly we can lose multiple players at once. Marsters really impressed me in the Broncos trial, I'd say he is definitely next in line for a centre spot. The only way I'd want to consider it is if they could give us a good hooker, but one of their backups just blew his ACL.

We could always ask for Rein back, that would make Coreythompson very happy.
    Last edited by Titslover; 30-03-22 at 05:27 PM.

QLD Cup

No way we let Marsters walk. Holbrook has been talking up our depth all year. Theres no way that we let him go just because another team doesn't have any

We have lost 2 players to Covid this week. This will be ongoing for all clubs for the rest of this season. It would be stupid of the club to let him go. I think most clubs would be in the same position and would be reluctant to let players go due to the current environment. Unless he wants to go and pulls out the ‘compassionate grounds’ story.

Apparently the Dolphins have gone cold on Wallace and want Proctor now

Wallace allegedly asking for $600k at Dolphins
    Last edited by Dobes; 31-03-22 at 07:10 PM.